Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2017, 08:50 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,355,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
You make up things and claim God said it. I’m not buying it.
You bought what those primitive, anonymous, long-dead dudes said.

Or what your pastor told you they said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2017, 08:55 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,646,218 times
Quote:
I wasn't trying to sell you anything. I am unconcerned if you believe me.

The only thing I claim is God and I are old friends. Nothing more. Nothing less.

I make no claim to speak for God.

Old 12-15-2017, 09:08 PM

37,348 posts, read 28,470,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
I wasn't trying to sell you anything. I am unconcerned if you believe me.

The only thing I claim is God and I are old friends. Nothing more. Nothing less.

I make no claim to speak for God.

Old 12-16-2017, 01:45 AM

919 posts, read 615,671 times
Quote:

Code for: I made it up. As I thought, you got nothin’.
Really Jimmie?
It's pretty simple, if you're too fragile to receive a touch of what you dish out, then how about showing a little respect?
It's neither here nor there if others agree or not but when people speak to me with contempt born from ignorance, then my response will not be dripping with affection.

If you don't know, wouldn't it be simpler to say as much? Rather than basically calling someone a liar?
I'm more interested in knowing than being right. Disagreeing simply because it contradicts your position is not only ignorant & disingenuous, it stops one from learning a single thing.

You either desire to know truth, or you can pretend that you already know. If your truth doesn't stand up to scrutiny, then that should tell you that there's flaws in your understanding.

Don't be scared to say you don't know. Don't be frightened to question. Don't be afraid to ask. It's the only way we learn.

Old 12-16-2017, 02:08 AM

919 posts, read 615,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scribbles76 View Post
My beliefs on the subject vary depending what day of the week it is, but the one thing that keeps my mind and heart open to the possibility of a heaven is the idea of seeing my family (and my dog) again. If I can't be with them I'd rather have oblivion.
There's no doubt in my mind whatsoever that we'll see our loved ones including our pets when we pass over (My old Rotti passed over a decade ago & he still visits me in my dreams)

I've 'rescued' hundreds, if not thousands, of lost spirits. Every single time a loved one was waiting to show them the path home.
I've seen over 15 of my past lives & have helped others to witness hundreds of theirs.

We are eternal beings who live life after life. Once we get to a certain stage of awareness, there's no longer the need to be born into the limiting reality of the physical.

Old 12-16-2017, 03:55 AM

32,533 posts, read 22,198,066 times
Quote:
You could have easily posted that reference several posts back. Why are you being so snarky?

Nevertheless, Paul is using reductio ad absurdum in this passage to show his fellow Jews that “all have sinned” and they will not be saved by just being Jewish (and possessors of the Law), but by faith, like everyone else.

What do you think Paul was lying about?
Do what?...😳

Old 12-16-2017, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Kinda like your New Testament?...

Old 12-16-2017, 04:22 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,693,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I think in some cases there are those who truly feel that way. But there are others whose delight at the potential downfall of others shines through their posts, as it did in the poster to whom I was responding before.

Warning people with dire threats of hell and damnation is not showing the love of Christ, no matter how you slice it. Attempting to threaten and frighten people into believing something they cannot believe is not what God is.

It's the problem with fundamentalism, with relying too literally on the written words to the exclusion of what is the right thing to do.
get that queen a cookie.

its not the basic teachings like this one. If there is a place we go, the universe decides it. But where do we go but the universe? i doubt it looks anything like what the limited human brain can dream up.

The universe is quantum computing. lmao, and we have fundies thinking its all in a book. We are the universe having a human experience. I bet its chuckles t itself sometimes.

Old 12-16-2017, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
get that queen a cookie.

its not the basic teachings like this one. If there is a place we go, the universe decides it. But where do we go but the universe? i doubt it looks anything like what the limited human brain can dream up.

The universe is quantum computing. lmao, and we have fundies thinking its all in a book. We are the universe having a human experience. I bet its chuckles t itself sometimes.

I’ve considered that...

Old 12-16-2017, 07:31 AM

20,500 posts, read 12,905,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion777 View Post
Really Jimmie?
It's pretty simple, if you're too fragile to receive a touch of what you dish out, then how about showing a little respect?
It's neither here nor there if others agree or not but when people speak to me with contempt born from ignorance, then my response will not be dripping with affection.

If you don't know, wouldn't it be simpler to say as much? Rather than basically calling someone a liar?
I'm more interested in knowing than being right. Disagreeing simply because it contradicts your position is not only ignorant & disingenuous, it stops one from learning a single thing.

You either desire to know truth, or you can pretend that you already know. If your truth doesn't stand up to scrutiny, then that should tell you that there's flaws in your understanding.

Don't be scared to say you don't know. Don't be frightened to question. Don't be afraid to ask. It's the only way we learn.
Nice try. If you knew the passage you were referring to, why did you hesitate?

Address my response in post #112.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity