Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 09:16 AM

2,201 posts, read 1,886,741 times

Advertisements

Not "getting" the Godhead isn't a damnible offense, it transforms one to a baby in the word. It is presented by God as a mystery first and foremost. The triune God separates the lukewarm from true Christians without stripping one of their belief in the Son of man. God must judge this one not a fool like me. Not understanding the Godhead is equivalent to Your earthly Father had you a son or daughter ,but pretend he doesn't have a spirit yet is still your ONE father. Even we nearly pull it off without a thought.In the famous words of God "hey I presented myself three ways"......duh. I 'm God can you dig it I knew ya could!......God
Oy VEY!

Last edited by openmike; 05-16-2016 at 09:24 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2016, 10:23 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,085,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
The same thing happens with a temporal lobe seizures

Finding God in a seizure: the link between temporal lobe epilepsy and mysticism
Finding God in a seizure: the link between temporal lobe epilepsy and mysticism - Encounter - ABC Radio National (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Wonder if there is a test for TLE?

Uh huh.....never had a seizure in my life. But since coming to know the Lord and His Spirit, I have experienced things of a SPIRITUAL nature. Peace

Old 05-16-2016, 11:49 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,459,366 times
Rbbi, Guessing you missed my post in the flurry of other posts. What about this, if anything, do you find to disagree with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Thanks Rbbi.

Okay, I don't know who you think is teaching that sin is ok. Missing the mark of love brings painful results for all concerned and I don't hear any of the regular "hippie dippie love crowd" (as some like to refer to them) saying anything different. What they do say are things like this ...

What you focus on matters. You don't overcome missing the mark in your life by focusing on sin and fighting sin and calling out other people's sins, or by telling people that God is angry with them or hates them or is holding their sin against them, as so many of the "bible-believer crowd" are intent on doing here.

If you believe that Christ is in you, as your bible proclaims, then you trust that the spirit of the God who is love will overcome whatever needs overcoming in your own life as you focus on that spirit of love and seek to walk in that spirit. As a person thinks, so s/he is; Be transformed by the renewing of your mind; Think on these things ("these things" being whatever is of the nature of the God who is love, essentially). Think on LOVE, walk in love, act in LOVE, and let the God who IS LOVE sort you out and transform you ... in love. The God who is love is perfectly capable of doing that in you, and in others as well. Fear not. Trust. Love.

Old 05-16-2016, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Rbbi, Guessing you missed my post in the flurry of other posts. What about this, if anything, do you find to disagree with?

Good possibility. Ok, it's like this. I focus on whatever He has opened my eyes and ears to, as He FIRST uses it to bring me into repentance and I have to walk it out for that bread to be both pierced (unleavened) and baked (gone through the fire of affliction with it, condemnation of the flesh in me) and then fit for the nations to eat.

So then, having been "processed", since it's come from Him, was made LIFE in me by Him, I wait upon the anointing which allows me to bring it out, instant in season (HIS) and out. What I find humorous is how I am constantly accused of "parroting" in the sense of only being able to speak the Word, yet when the anointing is not on me, I have trouble putting 3 scriptures together. Why? Because He won't allow it to come through my carnal mind, but only through His Spirit, which is why He told the disciples NOT TO TAKE THOUGHT on what they would say because the HG would put the words in their mouth.

Well, I can witness to that being true. The first time the anointing to preach hit me (which is completely different from what I usually walk in), I spoke for 5 hours, never said the same thing twice yet it was a bringing out things both old and new and tying them together by the Spirit which makes a 3 way cord, and didn't have to open the book, because He's been busy building the kingdom and writing His laws within me for over 3 decades, and it's a SPIRITUAL kingdom. Peace

Old 05-16-2016, 01:10 PM

So Rbbi, you found you were not in disagreement with anything they are saying?

Old 05-16-2016, 01:23 PM

What I'm saying is, I'm focusing on Him and whatever HE gives me to speak. If that appears to be focusing on sin to whoever, then they'll have to take it up with Him over what He gives me.

If you're following Him, there comes a time when there is no choice as to what you focus on. Many a time I've been in focus on one aspect, and He'll speak to me in a dead sleep something that gets me up digging in the Word all hours of the night, or speak something new while I'm in the Word in the day. It wasn't my choice to change course, the wind of the Spirit blew a different way. Peace

Last edited by Rbbi1; 05-16-2016 at 01:44 PM..

Old 05-16-2016, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
What I'm saying is, I'm focusing on Him and whatever gives me to speak. If that appears to be focusing on sin to whoever, then they'll have to take it up with Him over what He gives me.

If you're following Him, there comes a time when there is no choice as to what you focus on. Many a time I've been in focus on one aspect, and He'll speak to me in a dead sleep something that gets me up digging in the Word all hours of the night, or speak something new while I'm in the Word in the day. It wasn't my choice to change course, the wind of the Spirit blew a different way. Peace
I'm sorry, it's not entirely clear to me if you are disagreeing with something I posted. If so, what is it?

Old 05-17-2016, 10:24 AM

Quote:
What I'm saying is, I'm focusing on Him and whatever HE gives me to speak. If that appears to be focusing on sin to whoever, then they'll have to take it up with Him over what He gives me.

Quote:
I'm sorry, it's not entirely clear to me if you are disagreeing with something I posted. If so, what is it?

I'm reading some other threads and, based on your interaction there, it seems what you are saying is that God sometimes wants you to focus on what you perceive to be other people's sins. Yet, someone in this thread earlier quoted a passage from your bible indicating that it is the Spirit's job to convict the world of sin. But you, like many bible believers assume that is also your job?

Perhaps where you disagree with my post, then, is that you cannot trust God to transform others without you drawing their attention to whatever sin you believe they are guilty of?

Last edited by Pleroo; 05-17-2016 at 10:49 AM..

Old 05-17-2016, 11:26 AM

Quote:

I'm reading some other threads and, based on your interaction there, it seems what you are saying is that God sometimes wants you to focus on what you perceive to be other people's sins. Yet, someone in this thread earlier quoted a passage from your bible indicating that it is the Spirit's job to convict the world of sin. But you, like many bible believers assume that is also your job?

Perhaps where you disagree with my post, then, is that you cannot trust God to transform others without you drawing their attention to whatever sin you believe they are guilty of?
'
You may have read my post above, but you clearly did not understand it. As many as are LED BY THE SPIRIT, they are the sons of G-d. I share what He leads, when He leads. It has NADA to do with me, except I'm a well of what He has deposited within me and when He chooses to draw out of that well, He does.

I didn't start a one of those posts about gays or Sodom, not one, so all the accusing in the world about "me" focusing on other people's sins doesn't hit the mark; not in that way, and not for the simple reason that if you read my other posts on this subject, I made it CLEAR that the priesthood of which I am one, has the ROOTS (inside of cup) that the others are displaying openly (FRUITS). BUT if He chooses to use me to answer, that's His business.

What He gives me pertains to the Tabernacle pattern, the big picture, not individuals per se. It is an ALL ENCOMPASSING Truth, no one escapes what He has established, so a wise man would study what He has established and hidden in plain sight in the Tabernacle pattern. Peace

Old 05-17-2016, 01:13 PM

Quote:
'
You may have read my post above, but you clearly did not understand it. As many as are LED BY THE SPIRIT, they are the sons of G-d. I share what He leads, when He leads. It has NADA to do with me, except I'm a well of what He has deposited within me and when He chooses to draw out of that well, He does.

I didn't start a one of those posts about gays or Sodom, not one, so all the accusing in the world about "me" focusing on other people's sins doesn't hit the mark; not in that way, and not for the simple reason that if you read my other posts on this subject, I made it CLEAR that the priesthood of which I am one, has the ROOTS (inside of cup) that the others are displaying openly (FRUITS). BUT if He chooses to use me to answer, that's His business.
And that means what?

Quote:
What He gives me pertains to the Tabernacle pattern, the big picture, not individuals per se. It is an ALL ENCOMPASSING Truth, no one escapes what He has established, so a wise man would study what He has established and hidden in plain sight in the Tabernacle pattern. Peace
The lovely thing about patterns, types and shadows, is that they can mean numerous things, depending on the perspective of the one reading them, so it can be different from one person to the next, and even the same person can get different meanings at different times depending on their circumstances and frame of mind. What you believe you were given was meaningful to you... Meaningful enough to share. That's great. But, truth is, it's your own personal message, and how you apply it may or may not apply to anyone else.

If you cannot show how what you are saying conforms to a principle of Love and the well-being of everyone concerned, then there is no reason to assume that what you speak pertains to anyone but you.

You cannot show how, for example, a same sex monogamous relationship is harmful, but simply say it isn't in line with your understanding of a symbolic precept. So, that's not you being a "priest". Its you giving your opinion. No problem with that, until you act like your opinion carries the weight of the authority of God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity