Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 07:06 AM

1,419 posts, read 1,059,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It always surprises me when people adopt an unthinking acceptance of every single thing in a book recorded by men under the magic belief that God somehow has kept it safe from human ignorance, superstition, and fallibility.Then they have the gall to denounce those of us who BELIEVE JESUS revealed the TRUE NATURE of God and use it to decide what would or would not come fromGod. How on earth can anyone think a God who IS agape love, would ever create a hell to eternally punish anyone for anything???? The idea that the mere lack of belief in the narratives created in the "precepts and doctrines of men" would be enough to earn punishment from a God who IS agape love is utterly preposterous. The corruption of Christ's GOOD NEWS into the BAD NEWS of the barbaric, wrathful, vengeful God who needed blood sacrifices to appease Him is a travesty of human ignorance that has caused great evil in the world.
Stop twisting things around, the Good news is that people can be saved from eternal punishment not only by lack of belief in Jesus Christ but also by the responsibility each human has for their own sin.

The good news is not, God is agape love and there is no hell so don't worry, just love. That is the modern equivalent of the false prophets saying 'peace, peace, but there is no peace'. Did not Jesus say repent? Did He not warn for eternal destruction and said we should fear God? Does John not say that whosoever does not believe is condemned already?

Matthew 4:17 From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Luke 12:4-5 And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.

Luke 12:19-20 And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry. But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided?

Ezekiel 33:11 Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

You see that is love, when you see someone's destruction is coming and warn them that there's a way to be saved. When was the last time you warned anyone to repent? You are turning everything on it's head by pretending I am advocating some evil god who has pleasure in the destruction of humans. But it's quite the contrary, God does not want any to perish but to have eternal life. He has no pleasure in the death of the wicked but that he turns to Him and lives! Does God want to be served as God, in Spirit and Truth? Yes! And in Jesus Christ He provided the Sacrifice by which we are able to do that if we believe. If you only could see how much your lies are an abomination to God, you would turn to Jesus Christ today. Your mystical spiritualism is seriously clouding Biblical truth from your eyes, and I know what it is like.. I used to into mysticism aswell and listened to eckhart tolles nonsense all day - untill God grabbed my heart with His Word and His Truth. The good news for you and everyone is, if you repent and accept the Word of God as the Word of God, believe in Jesus Christ, then you will be saved. And the Holy Spirit will guide you in all truth, and in true agape love that is looking after peoples eternal salvation.

It's fine if you don't want to be saved or pretend you don't need salvation. Go with your agape love thing and ignore the Bible if you want to, but just don't pretend you know God or follow Jesus Christ. You are following your own imaginations. So just write your own book and imagine all that you want, who knows.. it might sell. But please leave God, Jesus Christ and the Bible out of it and stop fooling yourself to think you have the mind of Christ. Everything you say has absolutely zero to do with true Biblical Christianity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2016, 08:39 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,109,104 times
You hit the nail on head. Peace

Old 05-20-2016, 09:05 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,388,535 times
Mystic has called for people to repent in hundreds of posts. Which probably means nothing to the people who think they can dictate who can reference God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit and the Bible.

News flash for those people: no, you can't. Even if you say, "Pretty please with sugar on top." Sorry. Each believer has his/her own experiences with God. There is no "right" way.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 05-20-2016 at 09:23 AM..

Old 05-20-2016, 10:48 AM

17,071 posts, read 11,030,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Mystic has called for people to repent in hundreds of posts. Which probably means nothing to the people who think they can dictate who can reference God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit and the Bible.

News flash for those people: no, you can't. Even if you say, "Pretty please with sugar on top." Sorry. Each believer has his/her own experiences with God. There is no "right" way.
I'm sure they consider it unloving of you to try to confuse them with facts. Shame on you.

Old 05-20-2016, 11:18 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,557,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
To coin a phrase: Love others, repent when you don't.

It's not self-serving.

Old 05-20-2016, 06:49 PM

64,171 posts, read 40,616,798 times
Quote:
Because God IS agape love and once you know what the characteristics of agape love ARE, you know God and Jesus. Then it is simple to use the mind of Christ and the characteristics of agape love to test the Spirit of everything. That is how we determine what in the Bible is from God and Jesus and what is from our ignorant primitive ancestors. You should try it. There are very clear things that agape love does not condone or allow and most of them are the OTHER things you demand that God has.
They refuse to learn what it means and they refuse to use it to test the Spirit of anything in the Bible. That is why they have accepted a corrupted Gospel and retain our ignorant ancestors' barbaric and superstitious beliefs about God despite Christ's unambiguous revelation of God's TRUE NATURE as agape love.
Quote:
It always surprises me when people adopt an unthinking acceptance of every single thing in a book recorded by men under the magic belief that God somehow has kept it safe from human ignorance, superstition, and fallibility.Then they have the gall to denounce those of us who BELIEVE JESUS revealed the TRUE NATURE of God and use it to decide what would or would not come fromGod. How on earth can anyone think a God who IS agape love, would ever create a hell to eternally punish anyone for anything???? The idea that the mere lack of belief in the narratives created in the "precepts and doctrines of men" would be enough to earn punishment from a God who IS agape love is utterly preposterous. The corruption of Christ's GOOD NEWS into the BAD NEWS of the barbaric, wrathful, vengeful God who needed blood sacrifices to appease Him is a travesty of human ignorance that has caused great evil in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
Stop twisting things around, the Good news is that people can be saved from eternal punishment not only by lack of belief in Jesus Christ but also by the responsibility each human has for their own sin.
I am untwisting the barbaric ancient ignorance of our ancestors that has been unthinkingly adopted by Christians as the Gospel as a sign of their faith in God. It is a travesty. God is not counting our sins against us because the only sin is a lack of agape love for God and each other. If you have agape love for each other every day and repent when you don't, you are following Christ and have nothing to be concerned about.
Quote:
The good news is not, God is agape love and there is no hell so don't worry, just love.
Yes it IS because God IS agape love.
Quote:
That is the modern equivalent of the false prophets saying 'peace, peace, but there is no peace'. Did not Jesus say repent? Did He not warn for eternal destruction and said we should fear God? Does John not say that whosoever does not believe is condemned already?
Our ignorant ancestors believed all those things because they did NOT know God. They thought
God was a wrathful, vengeful God who required blood sacrifices every year to appease Him. They interpreted Christ's loving sacrifice to the "sins" (ignorance) of our brutal ancestors as a blood sacrifice to God instead of an unambiguous demonstration of perfect agape love. They completely missed the point and have compounded their ignorance ever since. Everything you believe about God and Jesus is wrong and you damage your Spirit by refusing to focus on Love of God and each other every day and repent when you don't. Your condemnation of others for what you THINK is their sin is NOT agape love. Your discrimination against those you THINK are sinners is NOT agape love. Your fear-mongering is NOT agape love because fear casts out love and love casts out fear. They cannot co-exist. Either you l,ove God or you fear Him. Since God IS agape love, if you fear Him you do not know Him.

Old 05-21-2016, 03:14 AM

1,419 posts, read 1,059,942 times
Proverbs 9:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

Maybe that's where you should begin mystic.

Old 05-21-2016, 03:35 AM

21,087 posts, read 29,410,624 times
Quote:
Proverbs 9:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

Maybe that's where you should begin mystic.
Personally, I began with Hebrews 4:16--

Let us then approach God's throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

Ain't NO FEAR in LOVE...

Old 05-21-2016, 03:40 AM

21,087 posts, read 29,410,624 times
Quote:

The good news is not, God is agape love and there is no hell so don't worry, just love. That is the modern equivalent of the false prophets saying 'peace, peace, but there is no peace'. Did not Jesus say repent? Did He not warn for eternal destruction and said we should fear God? Does John not say that whosoever does not believe is condemned already?

Matthew 4:17 From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Luke 12:4-5 And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.

Luke 12:19-20 And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry. But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided?

Ezekiel 33:11 Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

You see that is love, when you see someone's destruction is coming and warn them that there's a way to be saved. When was the last time you warned anyone to repent? You are turning everything on it's head by pretending I am advocating some evil god who has pleasure in the destruction of humans. But it's quite the contrary, God does not want any to perish but to have eternal life. He has no pleasure in the death of the wicked but that he turns to Him and lives! Does God want to be served as God, in Spirit and Truth? Yes! And in Jesus Christ He provided the Sacrifice by which we are able to do that if we believe. If you only could see how much your lies are an abomination to God, you would turn to Jesus Christ today. Your mystical spiritualism is seriously clouding Biblical truth from your eyes, and I know what it is like.. I used to into mysticism aswell and listened to eckhart tolles nonsense all day - untill God grabbed my heart with His Word and His Truth. The good news for you and everyone is, if you repent and accept the Word of God as the Word of God, believe in Jesus Christ, then you will be saved. And the Holy Spirit will guide you in all truth, and in true agape love that is looking after peoples eternal salvation.

It's fine if you don't want to be saved or pretend you don't need salvation. Go with your agape love thing and ignore the Bible if you want to, but just don't pretend you know God or follow Jesus Christ. You are following your own imaginations. So just write your own book and imagine all that you want, who knows.. it might sell. But please leave God, Jesus Christ and the Bible out of it and stop fooling yourself to think you have the mind of Christ. Everything you say has absolutely zero to do with true Biblical Christianity.
This is the GOOD NEWS--

"Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people.

Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord.

Old 05-21-2016, 11:41 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,109,104 times
Not hard to spot believers......."these things follow them that believe......", the rest are G-d fearers in the outer court realm. Different compartments, different dispensations, different responsibilities. The Tabernacle records all; nothing is new under the sun. Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity