Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2016, 12:01 PM

2,201 posts, read 1,874,865 times

Advertisements

Jesus being the fullness of the Godhead aka Trinity emphasizes that Jesus manifested God in the flesh and that isn't disputed among savy Christians. What the early church fathers failed to grasp has reverb -erated within today's christian fellowships in that we have not grasped the secondary yet very important graping of the " fullness of the Godhead. The church traditionally inherited cluelessness and oddly only a few theologians and perhaps Apostolics and Pentecostals have Holy Spirit "understanding" Back in 150 ad .Justin Marytr and numerous church fathers were beginning to get nervous over of all things Jesus Name. They believed the apostles not withstanding Peter that they diminished the Trinity by using THAT singular or only name! ( HORRORS!). They missed that under no other NAME are we saved, " the NAME above all names etc.). How Jesus name was used in baptism by Paul, Luke, Phillip post Pentecost and post the Great Commission on all their mission trips. They missed the fullness of the Godhead in which in Jesus you manifest the triune God!! (Should ( be a no brainer right?) Nope! the majority of denominations and evangelicals STILL remain clueless with respect to the power in the name. They pray in the name, sing in the name and have no idea what that name really represents!! The apostles got it in Acts 2:38:39 realizing that in Matt: 28:19 Jesus was referring to HIS name not the titles of the Godhead names. A singular name get it? The revelation of the born again process one you "believe" you pursue that belief in truth you "repent" are baptized in Jesus NAME. Then listen you and you children WILL receive the GIFT of the Holy Spirit !! Why? ......it's PROMISED!!! It's not a maybe. Get ACTS 2:38-39 or remain lukewarm! Naturally study all scripture in your walk.

Colossians 2:9-23
Acts 2:38-39
Matt: 28:19
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2016, 12:22 PM

18,490 posts, read 9,151,071 times
It's all true.

Old 05-13-2016, 12:58 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
Here’s the thing, if the Trinity is that important, doesn’t it seem like Jesus or the book of Acts or Paul or James or Peter or John would have talked more directly about it?

No Trinity for Me..

Old 05-13-2016, 01:36 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
Doesn't seem as if Jesus was saying he was equal to the Father...
I mean he was always pointing TO the Father and praying TO our Father.
I must admit I think his thoughts, heart and everything about him is
exactly the same as our Father's so ...whatever.
But, from everything I have read from messages from the Other Side...he is still
so humble and does not want to be worshipped...he is still a servant of our Father's.
The Father is still his main focus.
As it is mine.

Old 05-13-2016, 01:49 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,601,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Here’s the thing, if the Trinity is that important, doesn’t it seem like Jesus or the book of Acts or Paul or James or Peter or John would have talked more directly about it?

No Trinity for Me..

Old 05-13-2016, 01:52 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,180,832 times
Quote:

No Trinity for Me..
Why do you believe that Acts says that the Holy Spirit is God? Or that he can be lied to?

Why do you believe that Jesus is called God?

Old 05-13-2016, 01:55 PM

1,419 posts, read 1,047,480 times
Hello ms Hepburn, I do believe Christ is equal to the Father (Whoever has seen Me has seen the Father) and just as worthy of our worship, He is God Almighty, the Creator (John 1:3), The Alpha and the Omega (Revelation 1:8), He paid the price for our sins. When we glorify the Son, the Father is glorified in Him aswell. Mind you Christ did never object to His worship. See also the example of Thomas when he meets the ressurected Christ, and exclaims 'My Lord and my God' and Christ doesn't rebuke him. (John 20:28-29) and when Philip asks to show the Father Christ refers to Himself (John 14:8-9) These texts below are so explicit about Jesus Christ being worshipped before and after His ressurection, and He never told them to stop and worship only the Father. That is because the Father is glorified in the Son, and vice versa (the Spirit on the other hand isn't worshipped in the NT as far as I know - which is forgotten in some pentecostal churches today it seems, He reveals (John 14:26) and glorifies both the Son and the Father). (John 14:13)

Matthew 28:9 And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, All hail. And they came and held him by the feet, and worshipped him.

Matthew 14:33 Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God.

Luke 24:52 And they worshipped him, and returned to Jerusalem with great joy:

Old 05-13-2016, 02:07 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
"Missed the fullness of the godhead"..... So what are the consequences of failing to understand something about the relationship among Father, Son and Holy Spirit? Does that supposed failure cause any kind of failure of faith or of following what Jesus taught?

Old 05-13-2016, 03:44 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times
Quote:

No Trinity for Me..
Super good article. It sounds like that pastor is putting his God-given intelligence to good use. I also like something Thomas Jefferson once said: "It is too late in the day for men of sincerity to pretend they believe in the Platonic mysticisms that three are one and one is three, and yet one is not three and three are not one."

Old 05-13-2016, 04:55 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,914,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openmike View Post
Jesus being the fullness of the Godhead aka Trinity emphasizes that Jesus manifested God in the flesh and that isn't disputed among savy Christians. What the early church fathers failed to grasp has reverb -erated within today's christian fellowships in that we have not grasped the secondary yet very important graping of the " fullness of the Godhead. The church traditionally inherited cluelessness and oddly only a few theologians and perhaps Apostolics and Pentecostals have Holy Spirit "understanding" Back in 150 ad .Justin Marytr and numerous church fathers were beginning to get nervous over of all things Jesus Name. They believed the apostles not withstanding Peter that they diminished the Trinity by using THAT singular or only name! ( HORRORS!). They missed that under no other NAME are we saved, " the NAME above all names etc.). How Jesus name was used in baptism by Paul, Luke, Phillip post Pentecost and post the Great Commission on all their mission trips. They missed the fullness of the Godhead in which in Jesus you manifest the triune God!! (Should ( be a no brainer right?) Nope! the majority of denominations and evangelicals STILL remain clueless with respect to the power in the name. They pray in the name, sing in the name and have no idea what that name really represents!! The apostles got it in Acts 2:38:39 realizing that in Matt: 28:19 Jesus was referring to HIS name not the titles of the Godhead names. A singular name get it? The revelation of the born again process one you "believe" you pursue that belief in truth you "repent" are baptized in Jesus NAME. Then listen you and you children WILL receive the GIFT of the Holy Spirit !! Why? ......it's PROMISED!!! It's not a maybe. Get ACTS 2:38-39 or remain lukewarm! Naturally study all scripture in your walk.

Colossians 2:9-23
Acts 2:38-39
Matt: 28:19

The world needs to know that since Gods word is 100% clear--there is one God--please explain how God has a God--Rev 3:12
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity