Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2016, 12:47 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,091,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
I tell my kids

"having a human as the focal point is better than a book". I do like the Hindu images in that they get the point across that this religious stuff is all metaphorical at this point because we just don't know enough. But we live in the USA; so it is what it is; and we use what we have too

Yeah that death blue god of theirs and the one with 8 arms are special for bedtime stories, aren't they?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2016, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Pride is one of the things it feeds, but not the only, imo.

What truth does is it convicts and in those that are not seeking after His righteousness, it produces a kill the messenger mentality. Wisdom is the principal thing, in all your getting, get wisdom. It's more precious than rubies. Peace

Old 05-15-2016, 02:09 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,467,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
What truth does is it convicts and in those that are not seeking after His righteousness, it produces a kill the messenger mentality. Wisdom is the principal thing, in all your getting, get wisdom. It's more precious than rubies. Peace
I know that when one finds others disagreeing with one's heartfelt beliefs, it can feel like they are out to "kill the messenger". I'm sorry you're feeling that way, and I hope you can come to realize that people disagreeing with things you say does not automatically equate to them wishing you harm in any way. That's certainly not the case here. I'm fairly sure you and I are similar in some ways, and I have no ill will towards you.

Old 05-15-2016, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I know that when one finds others disagreeing with one's heartfelt beliefs, it can feel like they are out to "kill the messenger". I'm sorry you're feeling that way, and I hope you can come to realize that people disagreeing with things you say does not automatically equate to them wishing you harm in any way. That's certainly not the case here. I'm fairly sure you and I are similar in some ways, and I have no ill will towards you.

Nor I you. Peace and blessings to you in your walk...

Old 05-15-2016, 03:56 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,467,099 times
Quote:
Nor I you. Peace and blessings to you in your walk...
Great Since we're clear on our lack of animosity for each other, I'll try this a slightly different way...

I asked you earlier if you think that someone who believes that abiding and following a spirit of love is following the right spirit. You didn't respond, but let me expand on why I asked the question ...

IF you believe that love is the "right Spirit", then the point is that the Right Spirit (Love/God) is perfectly capable of leading people, of convicting them, of guiding them, without a written book. I understand that you believe the bible is necessary, and if it is for you at this time, that's fine. But we are all unique individuals so why do you deny that God is fully capable and willing to meet people through whatever means best suits them. Why do you insist that everyone must be met and moved by God in the same way that you have been?

Old 05-15-2016, 05:47 PM

Simple. Right covenant with G-d, right covenant with man. If you cannot keep covenant with G-d it is impossible to keep covenant with man, and so both stones are broken from the onset. Covenant means laying down your soulish life.

HE is the G-d of the covenant and HE outlined what that entails, step by step, and all He needs is a willing vessel to accomplish that inworking of the Spirit that is WITNESSED by the written Word. We were not given a choice as to how we want to do it.

When He drops His Spirit in you as love, it's like literally being hit in the chest with a spiritual fireball that knocks you backwards, and you can feel it roll the stone away. It's manifests nothing like the false love espoused by the New Age movement, with it's all inclusion of sin doctrine. Peace

Old 05-15-2016, 07:06 PM

64,159 posts, read 40,503,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No, Rbbi, it is you who are confused in your idolatry of the written word.Not so:

John 14:26 King James Version (KJV)
26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Where is our remembrance on the outside of our body, Rbbi??? It is on the inside within our consciousness.

1 John 2:27 (King James Version)

27But the anointing which ye have received of Him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in Him.

It is clearly an inward anointing, Rbbi.
Quote:
The HG came UPON their heads, just as it did mine, and I was slain in the Spirit. That's an outward anointing, and the reason for the pattern of the ark of the covenant to have wood covered over in gold. There is an inward anointing as well, just as the ark had gold on the inside, too. The HG does the works, and part of the works above are what you are describing. Peace
It seems you refuse to read and think about anything outside the constraints of your dogma and devotion to the words "written in ink" which we are told kills the Spirit. It doesn't inform it. Under the New Covenant, God has "written in our hearts" and provides the Comforter sent in Christ's name to guide us to it so we do not need anyone to teach us. You deny the New Covenant and the guidance of the Spirit in favor of the words "written in ink" which you elevate over the Spirit by demanding that the guidance of the Spirit MUST agree with your written words. You are seriously misled and do not know either God or Jesus because you denigrate agape love. I suspect you do not understand what agape love IS. You perhaps confuse it with the New Age hippie love which unfortunately incorporated Eros and lust through sexual intercourse in their Free Love movement. I suggest you look up the meaning of agape for your soul's sake, Rbbi.

Old 05-15-2016, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It seems you refuse to read and think about anything outside the constraints of your dogma and devotion to the words "written in ink" which we are told kills the Spirit. It doesn't inform it. Under the New Covenant, God has "written in our hearts" and provides the Comforter sent in Christ's name to guide us to it so we do not need anyone to teach us. You deny the New Covenant and the guidance of the Spirit in favor of the words "written in ink" which you elevate over the Spirit by demanding that the guidance of the Spirit MUST agree with your written words. You are seriously misled and do not know either God or Jesus because you denigrate agape love. I suspect you do not understand what agape love IS. You perhaps confuse it with the New Age hippie love which unfortunately incorporated Eros and lust through sexual intercourse in their Free Love movement. I suggest you look up the meaning of agape for your soul's sake, Rbbi.

I don't demand anything, nor do I deny the New Covenant. As for denying the guidance of the Spirit, I have been taken in the Spirit to see the beast rising up out of the sea, Christ as the whirlwind, Christ as the door, Christ as the waters above the firmament, and Christ in the flesh of another, full bodied, and taken to see the tree of life Adam and Eve saw in the garden. I have also had Christ step into me full body like you were putting on a garment, in order to heal someone. ALL of these things come with imparted revelation of the Word you so disdain, which is the Spirit's JOB.

The letter does it's job in killing the flesh, as it's supposed to, and without it the flesh is not put to death, so the Spirit CAN be free to rule over you and do miraculous things with you and through you. You MUST DECREASE via the letter, for the Spirit to INCREASE. Signs and wonders follow them that BELIEVE, not them that refuse to believe the letter and think they can skip that baptism of water being made conformable to His death (dipping into the washing of the Word) and go straight on to the wine/Spirit. It doesn't work that way, no matter what your New Age influenced doctrines have taught you, it is a false spirit.

It is possible to ascend through the soul into spiritual realms, but the problem is it's as a woman uncovered (by Christ) and the fallen angels have a legal right to join themselves to whosoever tries to ascend without their covering. This is what has happened to those that have partaken of the false spiritual practices and doctrines of those in New Age doctrines, the seducing spirits of the age. Peace

Last edited by Rbbi1; 05-15-2016 at 07:55 PM..

Old 05-15-2016, 07:46 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,508,240 times
Quote:
The HG came UPON their heads, just as it did mine, and I was slain in the Spirit. That's an outward anointing, and the reason for the pattern of the ark of the covenant to have wood covered over in gold. There is an inward anointing as well, just as the ark had gold on the inside, too. The HG does the works, and part of the works above are what you are describing. Peace
Jesus was also slain from the foundation (opposition) of the world, which is called humanity.
But mankind could not destroy the inner workings of the Spirit, even though they tried.

Old 05-15-2016, 07:56 PM

Let's talk about foundation sometime. Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity