Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 10:01 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,965,181 times

Advertisements

According to the popular teaching God is trying to get as many as He can into Heaven and Satan is trying to get as many as he can into Hell.

Also according to the popular teaching the majority of mankind are going to hell. So, who is wiser and more powerful at getting people to Hell rather than to Heaven?

Saying God gave man a free-will choice does nothing to help the situation either. The God who supposedly created free-will should have the wisdom to at least entice people to His Heaven just as Satan entices people to Hell.

So, according to the popular teaching, Christians teach that Satan is more powerful and more wise than God.
Satan gets his billions while God gets His measly few.

Last edited by Eusebius; 11-30-2012 at 10:54 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2012, 10:20 AM

167 posts, read 179,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
According to the popular teaching God is trying to get as many as He can into Heaven and Satan is trying to get as many as he can into Hell.

Also according to the popular teaching the majority of mankind are going to hell. So, who is wiser and more powerful at getting people to Hell rather than to Heaven?

Saying God gave man a free-will choice does nothing to help the situation either. The God who supposedly created free-will should have the wisdom to at least entice people to His Heaven just as Satan entices people to Hell.

So, according to the popular teaching, Christians teach that Satan is more powerful and more wise than God.
Where I live there is a local well known hell fire preacher who was approached by some Jehovah's Witnesses. They said to him: "Did you know that the Bible doesn't teach a literal hell where the damned are punished forever for their sins?" Much to their surprise he replied: "Oh, yes, I know that." They asked him: "Then do you teach it to frighten your congregation into attendance?!" To this he burst out laughing. "No," he said, "I teach hell because if I didn't I would be out of a job quick."

Christians cling to the pagan nonsense of heaven and hell because it makes them feel morally superior to those who don't "Believe." Its a xenophobic exercise.

Old 11-30-2012, 10:23 AM

9,455 posts, read 12,543,609 times
Oh Boy, the JW joins forces with the Universalist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post

This is so bizzare, I am left speechless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Theist View Post
Christians cling to the pagan nonsense of heaven and hell because it makes them feel morally superior to those who don't "Believe." Its a xenophobic exercise.

Are you sure you used the right word?

xenophia : fear and hatred of strangers or foreigners or of anything that is strange or foreign.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/xenophobia

Last edited by Mr5150; 11-30-2012 at 10:31 AM..

Old 11-30-2012, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post

Now. . . 5150 . . . code for crazy, right? Van Halen? L.A.?

To be honest, I don't even know what a Universalist is. Most of that religious nonsense I would rather know as little as possible about. The JW . . . they have their own brand of crazy. The anointed, for example. If you ever meet an anointed JW chances are you know what I mean.

Old 11-30-2012, 10:33 AM

9,455 posts, read 12,543,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Theist View Post
Now. . . 5150 . . . code for crazy, right? Van Halen? L.A.?
My job involves dealing with some people who under section 5150 of the H&S code.

I see by your profile you're an ex atheist. You ought to post that up.

Old 11-30-2012, 10:36 AM

2,440 posts, read 3,430,789 times
Satan has great power and influence over this this world, our human society that is. Even Jesus himself never doubted that. In some miraculous way, Satan once showed Jesus “all the kingdoms of the world and their glory.” Satan then promised Jesus: “All these things I will give you if you fall down and do an act of worship to me.” (Matthew 4:8,9; Luke 4:5,6) Think about this. Would The Devil think he could tempt Jesus if he was not already the ruler of these kingdoms? Jesus did not deny that all these worldly governments were Satan’s.
But then, is he Almighty?

God selected Jesus Christ to be Ruler of His heavenly Kingdom, or government. Long ago, the Bible foretold: “Unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called…Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end.” Regarding this government, Jesus taught his followers to pray: “Let your kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also upon earth.” As we will soon see, God’s Kingdom will remove all the governments of this world, and it itself will replace all of them. (Daniel 2:44) Then God’s Kingdom will usher in an earthly paradise. None of that could prove true if Satan was The Almighty Authority.

Old 11-30-2012, 10:39 AM

2,309 posts, read 4,383,410 times
"" Is Saten more powerful than God? ""

I am not aware of Saten but if your talking about Satan, then that's a different story.

Old 11-30-2012, 10:40 AM

398 posts, read 545,469 times
I had just posted this in another thread when I saw this thread and thought the quote would be just as appropriate here.

"When I despair, I remember that, all through history, the way of peace and love has always won.
There have been tyrants, and murderers and for a time they can seem invincible;

but in the end, they always fall.
Think of that -- always --
Whenever you are in doubt that the way of peace and love is God’s way,
the way the world is meant to be, think of that...
...then try to do it God’s way."

Mohandas Gandhi (1869-1948)

FWIW.

Old 11-30-2012, 10:41 AM

Quote:

Are you sure you used the right word?

xenophia : fear and hatred of strangers or foreigners or of anything that is strange or foreign.

Xenophobia - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
I used the right word. What is so bizarre about all of this?

Old 11-30-2012, 10:53 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,965,181 times
Quote:

Mr5150, The JW's do not believe like me. So let's quit with the guilt by association tactics, OK?

Now then, just how do you answer to the Christian idea that God gets his few but Satan his billions? Which one appears more powerful and wise? Remember, this is according to YOUR teaching, not mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity