Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 09:02 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,986,613 times

Advertisements

ShanaBrown . . . Bingo! Great Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2012, 09:38 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,505,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Men are without excuse by not acknowledging that God is. Please see Romans 10 and 11. All are not able to receive Jesus Christ as Lord yet because it is not God's intention.

Romans 10 Brethren, the pleasure indeed of my heart, and my supplication that [is] to God for Israel, is -- for salvation;
2 for I bear them testimony that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge,
3 for not knowing the righteousness of God, and their own righteousness seeking to establish, to the righteousness of God they did not submit.
4 For Christ is an end of law for righteousness to every one who is believing,
5 for Moses doth describe the righteousness that [is] of the law, that, `The man who did them shall live in them,'
6 and the righteousness of faith doth thus speak: `Thou mayest not say in thine heart, Who shall go up to the heaven,' that is, Christ to bring down?
7 or, `Who shall go down to the abyss,' that is, Christ out of the dead to bring up.
8 But what doth it say? `Nigh thee is the saying -- in thy mouth, and in thy heart:' that is, the saying of the faith, that we preach;
9 that if thou mayest confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and mayest believe in thy heart that God did raise him out of the dead, thou shalt be saved,
10 for with the heart doth [one] believe to righteousness, and with the mouth is confession made to salvation;
11 for the Writing saith, `Every one who is believing on Him shall not be ashamed,' (YLT)

Romans 11
5 So then also in the present time a remnant according to the choice of grace there hath been;
6 and if by grace, no more of works, otherwise the grace becometh no more grace; and if of works, it is no more grace, otherwise the work is no more work.
7 What then? What Israel doth seek after, this it did not obtain, and the chosen did obtain, and the rest were hardened,
8 according as it hath been written, `God gave to them a spirit of deep sleep, eyes not to see, and ears not to hear,' -- unto this very day,

God bless.
Referring to Paul letters as scriptures, God states of such people
"His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction."
Distorting what Paul meant to justify the satanical backhanded accusations that many here relish in is not going to result in a happy utopia that you are counting on.

Old 12-29-2012, 12:00 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,389,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
"His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction."
Distorting what Paul meant to justify the satanical backhanded accusations that many here relish in is not going to result in a happy utopia that you are counting on.
So, according to Twin, adversity is more powerful.

Old 12-29-2012, 12:58 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,327,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
So, according to Twin, adversity is more powerful.
When you say according to Twin are you referring to Esau( the old way of thinking) ?

Jacob I loved but Esau I hated.

Old 12-30-2012, 09:19 AM

14,898 posts, read 17,188,625 times

Hi Twin,

1. Do you not believe that Paul's letters should not be referred to as scriptures?
2. Just because you may not agree with another believer on this issue, does not mean that someone is distorting the scriptures.

God bless. Hope you have a blessed New Year!

Old 12-30-2012, 01:35 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,505,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post

Hi Twin,

1. Do you not believe that Paul's letters should not be referred to as scriptures?
2. Just because you may not agree with another believer on this issue, does not mean that someone is distorting the scriptures.

God bless. Hope you have a blessed New Year!
Hi Shana,

[1] That you'd be better off if you don't .... because Paul's letters does not convey what you imply them to say.

[2] Correct .. I rarely do not "not agree" with other believers, .... that is why I disagree with virtually everything with certain people, which unfortunately that is including yourself in the category of non-believer by virtue of what you've openly confessed.

Old 12-30-2012, 01:40 PM

14,898 posts, read 17,188,625 times
Quote:
Hi Shana,

[1] That you'd be better off if you don't .... because Paul's letters does not convey what you change them into

[2] Correct .. I rarely do not "not agree" with other believers, .... that is why I disagree with virtually everything with certain people, which unfortunately that is including yourself in the category of non-believer by virtue of what you've openly confessed.

Hi there, Twin Spin,

1) I haven't changed anything that Paul has written. I've only shared. I am sorry that you are unable to accept them.

2) Sorry to hear this, but so be it. I still consider you to be a a believer, despite what you believe on certain issues. Hopefully others will realize that disagreeing with a fellow believer does not mean that the other one is distorting scriptures. If they do, then so be that too

God bless and peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity