Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 09:40 PM

17 posts, read 17,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILWCITY View Post
So I love coming down to Chi a lot once a month, and I have plenty of friends in Chi and would move to Chi if I could. Apparently I get a lot of harassed a lot when I tell people I'm from the Mil-Town. I know a lot of people from WI hate Chicago but that's all jealousy, I'm a die hard Brewer, Bear, White Sox, Bucks, Blackhawks fan so I'm a little biased myself.

So do you hate Wisconsites or just Milwaukeeans believe me there is a difference so don't put us in the same bowl?
You like the White Sox, Bears and blackhawks?!!!! Are you sure you are from Wisconsin? Considering you can't even spell the state or city correctly you should do yourself a favor and just move to Chicago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2009, 09:47 PM

1,003 posts, read 2,429,595 times
Hate is such a strong word - I found the heading to this thread silly and hardly expected such a response.

How can anyone hate someone let alone based on where they are from?

Old 02-18-2009, 09:53 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
Default since you asked...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILWCITY View Post
So I love coming down to Chi a lot once a month, and I have plenty of friends in Chi and would move to Chi if I could. Apparently I get a lot of harassed a lot when I tell people I'm from the Mil-Town. I know a lot of people from WI hate Chicago but that's all jealousy, I'm a die hard Brewer, Bear, White Sox, Bucks, Blackhawks fan so I'm a little biased myself.

So do you hate Wisconsites or just Milwaukeeans believe me there is a difference so don't put us in the same bowl?
I hate Milwuakeeans. But I hate the Cheese Heads from Green Bay more. I hate most of the other WisconSINites about the same as I hate the Milwaukeeans. I do like Superior but only because Harry Peter Grant is from there. He left though. That's about it for Wisconsin. I assume you are just asking about the people because the state itself is pretty nice.

Dave from Minniesoooooooooooooduh

Old 02-19-2009, 06:41 AM

8,289 posts, read 23,111,797 times
I hate cheeseheads and people from Wisconsin that have the stupid accent from green bay, we all don't talk like that. I feel the rest of the state gives people from Mke a bad name.

Old 02-19-2009, 08:40 AM

63 posts, read 161,458 times
Smile What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nysee53 View Post
I find that Chicagoans don't really care about people from Wisconsin. We go up there and make your guys paychecks and boost your real estate markets by purchasing second and retirement homes. I don't think anyone cares.

My paycheck is signed by a Wisconsin small business owner who was born in LaCrosse. Also, if the Illinois housing market is so great (people are buying second homes in WI?) then why was the Chicago area just listed as one of the 'emptiest cities' in America. The vacancy rate of properites has quadrupled in the Chicago area for four years! Sounds to me like people are getting out of Chicago and Illinois in general.

Old 02-19-2009, 08:52 AM

11,975 posts, read 31,792,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcgirk3 View Post
Also, if the Illinois housing market is so great (people are buying second homes in WI?) then why was the Chicago area just listed as one of the 'emptiest cities' in America. The vacancy rate of properites has quadrupled in the Chicago area for four years! Sounds to me like people are getting out of Chicago and Illinois in general.
Source please.

Milwaukee isn't doing so well either. I'm from Wisconsin and have lived in both cities, and Chicago's economy seems to be lightyears ahead of Milwaukee's. The layoffs in Milwaukee have been staggering.

Old 02-19-2009, 08:54 AM

86 posts, read 312,411 times
^ A lot of that may have to do with overbuild during the boom.

Old 02-19-2009, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcgirk3 View Post
Wisconsinites are a great bunch overall.
Oh come on... There are just as many jerks in Wisconsin as anywhere else. Culturally there may be less tolerance of direct or abrasive behavior, but deep down people are people--and you're observations are overly general about the people of a medium-sized state with many types of people and places.

Old 02-19-2009, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
I hate Milwuakeeans. But I hate the Cheese Heads from Green Bay more. I hate most of the other WisconSINites about the same as I hate the Milwaukeeans. I do like Superior but only because Harry Peter Grant is from there. He left though. That's about it for Wisconsin. I assume you are just asking about the people because the state itself is pretty nice.

Dave from Minniesoooooooooooooduh
Thanks for sharing, Dave. Now go back to the hole you crawled out of. You could win the award for the dumbest comment on an already dumb thread.

Old 02-19-2009, 09:06 AM

288 posts, read 851,686 times
I don't see why Chicagoans think they can puff themselves up over Milwaukee or anywhere, really. We have some cultural amenities here, but I don't see many locals taking advantage of them. Most people here are only a couple of generations removed from the stockyards and still have a working class mentality. They've never lived anywhere else and don't travel much, so they don't have as great a perspective on the world as they think they do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago