Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2021, 05:12 PM

5,072 posts, read 2,180,769 times

Advertisements

Well CTA is bringing me back thanks to them having half price one day passes now!

Old 11-19-2021, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
Well CTA is bringing me back thanks to them having half price one day passes now!
Was going to go Saturday in fact but might be riots so maybe not

Old 11-19-2021, 08:47 PM

4,653 posts, read 3,260,261 times
Robert9, I sat in the courthouse today during the verdict reading.

And I hung around outside the court for 2 hours, after.

YOU will be fine! Take that CTA, and enjoy your weekend!

Old 11-19-2021, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
Robert9, I sat in the courthouse today during the verdict reading.

And I hung around outside the court for 2 hours, after.

YOU will be fine! Take that CTA, and enjoy your weekend!
Good to hear, thank you!

Old 11-19-2021, 09:34 PM

1,026 posts, read 447,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
I think the issue is that at least in Chicago, some of the transportation isolated (e.g. on the South Side) are areas where more people are essential workers who are not eligible for remote work. Perhaps something like a transportation realignment would be more appropriate, with expansion in areas where there is still a need and a reduction in service in areas where fewer people are commuting.
Where are the transit isolated areas in Chicago, whether south side or not?

Old 11-19-2021, 09:52 PM

Robert9, don't you dare let fear win!

You take your train(s) to Chicago, be aware of your surroundings, and have a great time! Anybody that works hard, deserves that!

And if you're ever in Chicago when I am, I will get the first round!

Currently I'm in Deerfield with the kids, and we head back to Milwaukee tomorrow, after a stop in Gurnee.

Old 11-20-2021, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Robert9, don't you dare let fear win!

You take your train(s) to Chicago, be aware of your surroundings, and have a great time! Anybody that works hard, deserves that!

And if you're ever in Chicago when I am, I will get the first round!

Currently I'm in Deerfield with the kids, and we head back to Milwaukee tomorrow, after a stop in Gurnee.
I will thanks! ok I was going to say if you are in Wicker Park area today maybe we could finally meet up but sounds like you are up north.

Old 11-20-2021, 08:47 AM

Robert9,

Yes, Sir. Up in good ol' Lake County.

We drive past many Metra stops. A few years ago we actually took the final ( but for US, the first!) Metra stop in Kenosha.

And I commented that I woukd like to do it again; but when it is WARM out, since we'll have to walk around, after..... and I wont have the convenience of being able to come and go via the Master Jay Mobile.....

Thank you for the Wicker Park invite. Not my typical stomping grounds, but I'm willing to try some fun places. Definitely stay in touch about your journeys into the city.

It's interesting how going down Division Avenue, that Western Avenue divides 2 totally different worlds and vibes!

Old 11-20-2021, 04:23 PM

4,619 posts, read 8,174,974 times
Quote:
Robert9,

Yes, Sir. Up in good ol' Lake County.

We drive past many Metra stops. A few years ago we actually took the final ( but for US, the first!) Metra stop in Kenosha.

And I commented that I woukd like to do it again; but when it is WARM out, since we'll have to walk around, after..... and I wont have the convenience of being able to come and go via the Master Jay Mobile.....

Thank you for the Wicker Park invite. Not my typical stomping grounds, but I'm willing to try some fun places. Definitely stay in touch about your journeys into the city.

It's interesting how going down Division Avenue, that Western Avenue divides 2 totally different worlds and vibes!
Definitely. My ex grew up a block south of Division and a block of two east of Western. I actually have a photo of mine of the Puerto Rican flag over Division in an academic encyclopedia. And I got to visit my ex in St Mary's, that brutalist hospital on Division just east of Division after an accidental overdose he had (got to see how effective Narcan can be, whether I wanted to or not). East of Western is gentrifying like crazy still, west of Western starts out mixed (I took a bicycle repair class at West Town Bikes on Division just west of Western), but then melds into something more related to Garfield Park or Lawndale after that.

The city always has plenty of variety.

Old 11-20-2021, 05:09 PM

emathias, good evening.

My vendor is on Homan and Division. And I've been to Nellys a couple of times. Otherwise I don't normally hang out on Division.

I've ridden my bicycle by a few times the last couple of years. I need to actually spend more time there, I guess.

Apparently, Robert9 is going to be my guide there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago