Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2012, 09:16 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicnice View Post
And Obama isn't considered a role model like they are.....which is unfortunate.
Very. Whatever you may think of the job he is doing (and will do until 2017), he is the ultimate role model for black kids in America (and all others, for that matter).

Old 01-03-2012, 09:32 PM

140 posts, read 120,920 times
Please watch this video. This particular black guy is speaking from the heart. It's so sad.

MESSAGE TO THE BLACK MEN: W/CHILDREN! - YouTube

Old 01-03-2012, 09:34 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,738,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa2013 View Post
Black women will always be considered less, as long as black males continue to occupy the lowest rung globally, as a group. Generally speaking, black males have the highest unemployment rate in the country, and the highest incarceration rates in the world. Black males are largely dependent on whites and other races to give them opportunities, instead of creating them for each other via entrepreneurship.

If black males were like Jewish men, you would be at the forefront of business, media, and politics.

I'm leaving this forum. It's hopeless.

You sound like your talking about a culture that's never been damaged.
Don't forget that generally speaking, no other ethnic group has faced genocide, while in America. Furthermore, other than African American's, who cares to see black people advance? Nobody! It takes a long time to recover from what black men have gone through, in these United States. Need I remind you, they weren't supposed to last this long. The plan was to totally eliminate them. Now that they're free, it's been left solely up to them to (1) turn things around and (2) make a full recovery. That's a tall order in itself, let alone for a group of people who have been deprived of knowledge. I know they can do better, but given the circumstances, I have to stand proud.

Last edited by Just1Fan; 01-03-2012 at 10:11 PM..

Old 01-03-2012, 09:35 PM

140 posts, read 120,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
What about Lil wayne, soulja boy and wackflacka? *crickets* lol

Watch this man's video, it explains everything.

Old 01-03-2012, 09:44 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,010,414 times
Quote:
According to a Japense sociologists, technically black women are anatomically the least attractive women, leaving them with really no choice at all...

The prestigious Journal "Psychology Today" says...

Psychology Today: Black women are the least attractive.

Satoshi Kanazawa is an evolutionary psychologist with lots of credentials. His new research study published in Psychology Today magazine is causing a firestorm. MOD CUT

Psychology Today: Black women are the least attractive.

Last edited by linicx; 01-04-2012 at 12:04 AM.. Reason: TOS Trademark Violations

Old 01-03-2012, 10:04 PM

829 posts, read 2,088,809 times
I personally pity the women who have kids with no dad around. But I don't think it helps to pretend that the men who get these women pregnant were upstanding guys to begin with. Or that being together long term was ever realistically part of the arraignment. And then one day they just magically disappear or turn into deadbeats after she gets pregnant.

We all know who these guys are and I am sure most of us at least know a couple of them, but no one can ever give a good explanation for why are so many single moms attracted to these type of losers. I mean most of these guys can barely take care of themselves and I am pretty sure that these women know this going into it. These are usually the lowest achieving black men out there. Most do not have a place of there own, no steady income, etc. I mean how many guys who have things going for themselves would want to deal with that sort of long term baggage.

A lot of the young ladies out there want to have these children to fill some sort of emotional void. And they are finding the only guys foolish enough to go along with the program.

Last edited by allen2323; 01-03-2012 at 10:21 PM..

Old 01-03-2012, 10:20 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,010,414 times
Don't expect change any time soon. Until most of these women stand up, get their priorities straight and take control of their reproductive responsibilities expect the cycle to continue. Good black men are not in control to tell who and what black women are to reproduce with. This is not Afghanistan, and we're not the Taliban; black men cannot stop them from doing whatever with whoever it is that they want.

Personally from what I've observed, many of the good black men out there have taken their money resources and ability to be strong supportive, reproductive partners and have decided to play ball on someone elses turf with women whom they feel can appreciate them. I'm one of the few who doesn't buy the "colorism" excuse to explain this phenomenon.

Looking at it entirely, I applaud them.

A black friend of mine graduated from Princeton and recently obtained his grad degree at UCLA and works for NASA. His wife? Asian. I couldn't be happier for him. Another black male friend also graduated from Prnceton with a degree in Micorbiology. He's working in some high end research facility now. He got married not too long ago as well. His wife? White. Had they decided to wait and be "appreciated" god knows what would have happened to them.

Old 01-03-2012, 11:45 PM

117 posts, read 128,718 times
Quote:
Please watch this video. This particular black guy is speaking from the heart. It's so sad.

It's also very sad I posted as many times as I did in a this thread. I have noone to blame but myself. lol

Old 01-03-2012, 11:46 PM

117 posts, read 128,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Don't expect change any time soon. Until most of these women stand up, get their priorities straight and take control of their reproductive responsibilities expect the cycle to continue. Good black men are not in control to tell who and what black women are to reproduce with. This is not Afghanistan, and we're not the Taliban; black men cannot stop them from doing whatever with whoever it is that they want.

Personally from what I've observed, many of the good black men out there have taken their money resources and ability to be strong supportive, reproductive partners and have decided to play ball on someone elses turf with women whom they feel can appreciate them. I'm one of the few who doesn't buy the "colorism" excuse to explain this phenomenon.

Looking at it entirely, I applaud them.

A black friend of mine graduated from Princeton and recently obtained his grad degree at UCLA and works for NASA. His wife? Asian. I couldn't be happier for him. Another black male friend also graduated from Prnceton with a degree in Micorbiology. He's working in some high end research facility now. He got married not too long ago as well. His wife? White. Had they decided to wait and be "appreciated" god knows what would have happened to them.
People like this get overlooked when discussions come up about African American's short comings.

Old 01-04-2012, 12:11 AM

1,206 posts, read 1,738,149 times
Quote:
Watch this man's video, it explains everything.

I watched this video on YTube, and this is my reply. First of all, why single out black men? Courts are filled with missing dads of all races. And, blacks only want to be separated due to NOT being fully excepted. Think about it, when has white men ever wanted to except black men in "THEIR" society? Lastly, what does he mean "he don't have that issue they have"? Is he excepted in "THEIR" society? NOT! The best point he made was teaching children to respect their mother. That was right on. But, he made himself look like "Uncle Tom", in the rest of his video.

P.S. - watch the video before passing judgement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago