Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2012, 11:50 AM

117 posts, read 128,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by quenelle View Post
I apologise for giving the impression that I was targetting men. It just appeared to me from what the women said the the racial remarks came from the men. I am not sexist either. I am Irish and white. Perhaps you should read some of our history to find out how badly we were treated, it might surprise you! There are issues in Ireland but they are all based on religion, there will never be harmony between the South (a republic) and the North (under British rule) I was born in the South. The troubles though are all basically based on religion not the colour or shade of skin.
It doesn't matter if it was religion or the color of your toes. You were treated badly and unfairly. Bottom line.

Europeans have judged other Eurpeans on the color their skin and features. They have also judged other races on the same.

Old 01-03-2012, 11:52 AM

117 posts, read 128,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quenelle View Post
I'm sorry I came across as attcking certain people and by the way I am female. I just felt so sorry for the young woman who was abused by a black man just becasue she didn't look like his girl friend. How shallow is that and what does that say about the man involved?
You didn't seem too sorry for the men when Lisa made her snide remarks about African American men. Interesting.

Old 01-03-2012, 01:23 PM

32,095 posts, read 34,702,478 times
Any idea how she pulled this off? Did she just luck up?

http://static.thehollywoodgossip.com/images/gallery/gabrielle-union-dwyane-wade_262x375.jpg (broken link)

http://static.thehollywoodgossip.com/images/gallery/gabrielle-union-dwyane-wade_262x375.jpg (broken link)

Yeah...I can definitely see her remaining dateless for years on end in the city of Chicago. She would be completely invisible to black men.

http://media.mademan.com/chickipedia...mb_140x180.jpg

As would she.

http://www.topnews.in/files/Natasha-Ellie555.JPG

Old 01-03-2012, 02:07 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,570,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa2013 View Post
I think black males throughout the world need to extol dark natural beauties and put them on a pedestal. It would be great if high profile rich men in entertainment, business and politics set the example by selecting dark gorgeous women to marry. Is that really asking too much of rich high profile black men to pair up with dark models in the U.S. or abroad?

Oluchi Onweagba In St. John - YouTube

LOL...are you serious? I can't believe how messed up some of your heads are in 2012. It's amazing.

Old 01-03-2012, 02:07 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
Any black (or Latino, or Asian or White) man who is colorstruck is simply an idiot.

Old 01-03-2012, 02:58 PM

499 posts, read 580,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bourgeois View Post
You didn't seem too sorry for the men when Lisa made her snide remarks about African American men. Interesting.
I must have missed those remarks as I don't remember them. I was commenting on one particular episode which was very cruel and it just concerned the young women being abused by a male.
I personally have never had any episodes of racial abuse but I can imagine how it must feel. To be critisised for the colour of one's skin must be beyond belief and even worse for just the shade of it. I can't think of anything worse. And as for the OP who said there was no racism in Japan he must be off his head. The Japanese look down on Koreans and Chinese as second class citizens. I lived in the Far East for a number of years and saw it at first hand.

Old 01-03-2012, 03:46 PM

708 posts, read 1,205,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Any black (or Latino, or Asian or White) man who is colorstruck is simply an idiot.
And that's the bottom line. (Same for women, but they have more opportunities to be picky).

Old 01-03-2012, 03:49 PM

4,112 posts, read 9,065,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicnice View Post
And that's the bottom line. (Same for women, but they have more opportunities to be picky).
Explain?

Old 01-03-2012, 03:51 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,009,085 times
So let me understand this...

If a black woman dates or marries a light or non-black male, she's doing it for love and therefore unworthy of any criticism.

If a black male is seen with a light or non-black woman then we have these loooong drawn out discussions as to what crazy theory caused him to feel that way in the first place.

If a white guy chooses to be with a non-white woman (especially a black woman) his preference is from the "heart." He is commended, applauded and even praised for it.

Something that is commonly avoided is the fact that...

Black models, actresses and "socialites" tend to seek out white or non-black partners, but the assertion that they are "color struck", "brainwashed" or "self hating" goes unchallenged. They may even be applauded for "understandably" doing so. From what I've observed, most people (especially other black women) are happy to see black women date interracially, yet vilefy black men who chose to do the same for possible the same reasons as said black women...

Yet when Tiger Woods, Michael Jordan or any number of black male celebrities take white or non-black wives and girlfriends, then we are drowned in talk shows, magazine articles, professors, social scientists, dating "experts", economists, psychologists, phlebotimists, gynacologists, herbatologists and whatever else you can think of to explain "what is wrong with black men."

I can't be the only one who sees this...

Last edited by itshim; 01-03-2012 at 04:00 PM..

Old 01-03-2012, 03:56 PM

499 posts, read 580,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
So let me understand this...

If a black woman dates or marries a light or non-black male, she's doing it for love and therefore unworthy of any criticism.

If a black male is seen with a light or non-black woman then we have these loooong drawn out discussions as to what crazy theory caused him to feel that way in the first place.

If a white guy chooses to be with a non-white woman (especially a black woman) his preference is from the "heart." He is commended, applauded and even praised for it.

Something that is commonly avoided is the fact that...

Black models, actresses and "socialites" tend to seek out white or non-black partners, but the assertion that they are "color struck", "brainwashed" or "self hating" goes unchallenged. They may even be applauded for "understandingly" doing so. From what I've observed, most people (especially toehr black women) are happy to see black women date interracially, yet vilefy black men who chose to do the same for possible the same reason as said black women...

Yet when Tiger Woods, Michael Jordan or any number of black male celebrities take white or non-black wives and girlfriends, then we are drowned in talk shows, magazine articles, professors, social scientists, dating "experts", economists, and psychologists, phlebotimists, gynacologists, herbatologists and whatever else you can think of to explain "what is wrong with black men."

I can't be the only one who sees this...
I have this strange feeling that you may just be, but that's just my opinion for hat it's worth
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago