Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 09:16 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,738,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Actually, Black on Black rates have gone down and are much lower than White on White rates were about 40 years ago, when things seemed to be safer. Bureau of Justice Statistics Race of Victim Trends #3

Anyway, ayanna you'll be fine, girl.
Today, blacks still experience THE HIGHEST RATES of serious violent crime, much of which is inflected upon each other. And, the reason they kill each other is because there's usually no one else around, i.e. in the ghetto. So, if your not from the ghetto, don't go to the ghetto, because you might not make it out of the ghetto.

Old 01-06-2012, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-town Native View Post
There's a Palestinian saying about the Israelites, which is "you jumped out of a burning building and fell on me.". Guess which one of those two parties you sound like? You aren't entitled to treat people like garbage based on suffering your grandparents experienced. Black folks have had extensive political representation in Chicago for generations, get a clue!

If words alone can reduce you to garbage, there's no way you could handle being black. You sound like racism has disappeared or something. I'll have you know that the political system your referring to is the same one that made racial discrimination possible in the first place. And, what has all this extensive political representation changed anyway? There has been one (1) black President. But, minorities still don't own anything. If Bill Gates had Oprah Winfrey's money... HE'D BE PISSED!

Old 01-06-2012, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-town Native View Post

You seriously can't be black and from Chicago. People kill people based on struggles over drug/gang/$$$ turf, love, and other concrete reasons, not because they're bored. Legalize the goddamned drugs like your european kin did a century ago and wise up already, it astounds me how ignorant people can be when the truth is staring them dead in the eye.
You don't know me, but I'm glad you feel like you do. And, while I don't recall stating that blacks kill out of boredom, I know for a fact that a brotha will kill you if you look at him the wrong way. But, the number one reason they kill, is they're competing against each other, i.e. who's jump shot is the best, who's gonna sell drugs in this area, who's the toughest, or who's gonna hit that girl. There's six million ways to die... CHOOSE ONE!

Last edited by Just1Fan; 01-06-2012 at 11:07 PM..

Old 01-08-2012, 10:06 AM

140 posts, read 120,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1Fan View Post
I know that's right. But, women are the best liars in the world. We don't know if she really feels that way, or if she's just trying to make him feel more comfortable while they're apart. She's already on the south side of Chicago where there's 700,000 brothas. That's a lot of competition for one white guy with a black woman. Maybe she doesn't want him to question her loyalty.
If she attends the University of Chicago, chances are, she's not attracted to 97% of the guys residing on the south side. I'm sure she's probably attracted to men who are similar to herself.

Women who value education, usually want men who value it as well.

Old 01-08-2012, 01:29 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,185,391 times
Since this thread has devolved to race-baiting, PLEASE CLOSE IT!!!

Old 01-08-2012, 02:07 PM

121 posts, read 216,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
Since this thread has devolved...PLEASE CLOSE IT!!!
Agreed.

Old 01-08-2012, 04:40 PM

1,909 posts, read 3,783,320 times
Quote:
Sure didn't see it coming, either... what's this, only the 10,000th time a race thread has devolved into this type of banter...

Old 01-08-2012, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa2013 View Post
If she attends the University of Chicago, chances are, she's not attracted to 97% of the guys residing on the south side. I'm sure she's probably attracted to men who are similar to herself.

Women who value education, usually want men who value it as well.
I'm sure your right.

Old 01-08-2012, 10:36 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRise View Post
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeShoreSoxGo View Post
Sure didn't see it coming, either... what's this, only the 10,000th time a race thread has devolved into this type of banter...

Is someone beginning to perspire? I, personally, have NOTHING to feel uneasy about. My only wish is that YOU could feel the same as I do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago