Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2012, 10:14 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,738,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bourgeois View Post
Are you on meth?
Is that a rhetorical question?

Old 01-04-2012, 10:19 PM

117 posts, read 128,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1Fan View Post
Is that a rhetorical question?
I will answer this question for you but you have to promise me you'll hold your breath until I do.

Old 01-04-2012, 10:41 PM

Quote:
I will answer this question for you but you have to promise me you'll hold your breath until I do.
I swear... by the moon and the stars in the sky

Old 01-05-2012, 10:20 AM

499 posts, read 580,836 times
Quote:
Now I am even more confused. You haven't responded to most of the post by others that were postive and encouraging, but you can respond to a person that has sprinkled your thread with slimy, racist remarks

It seems all three of you ( including the one claiming she's from Ireland) are all part of a big laugh. The three of you are probably having martinis with other mind altering goodies while you sit back and run people in circles with this circus freak thread.
Perhaps you would like me to print a copy of my Irish Birth Certificate? It's in Gaelic by the way so not sure if you would understand it. I may have the very occasional alcoholic drink but have never touched any other mind altering goodies, as you put it. Can you say the same? If it is such a circus freak thread, why do you actually take part? Why not just ignore it and go on another thread?

Old 01-05-2012, 10:32 AM

117 posts, read 128,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quenelle View Post
Perhaps you would like me to print a copy of my Irish Birth Certificate? It's in Gaelic by the way so not sure if you would understand it. I may have the very occasional alcoholic drink but have never touched any other mind altering goodies, as you put it. Can you say the same? If it is such a circus freak thread, why do you actually take part? Why not just ignore it and go on another thread?
It didn't start out as a freak show. It later became one. I shouldn't involve myself with such (people). Have a great day.

Old 01-05-2012, 12:19 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,010,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
To ppl either a black man is either a thug or a professional-- as if there can't be any in-between. Most of us black women are not chasing thugs, we simply want an average working class man who is a good provider. I don't hang out with thugs many of the blk ppl I know are working class, just normal people who are just trying to live a good life.
I agree many are, but you can't use Wall Street brokers and professionals as the norm in your examples. But we may disagree on the idea of just what many black women consider as "average" when it comes to black males. Because in my experience (and I speak solely for myself) most black women prefer a man with "swag" which essentially translates into street hood smarts. Most imo place value over street hood smarts as opposed to book smarts, and some prefer a hybrid between them. However the overall must-have, necessity seems to be street smarts over anything else. Most young black women in my experience prefer to have that over book smarts anyday. A straight A black male with book smarts and without street hood smarts are considered 'corny' and "swagless." (lol)

Again, just my experience in dealing with professional black women in addition to those in hood.

Old 01-05-2012, 12:31 PM

499 posts, read 580,836 times
Quote:
It didn't start out as a freak show. It later became one. I shouldn't involve myself with such (people). Have a great day.
I agree with you so much!

Old 01-05-2012, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
I agree many are, but you can't use Wall Street brokers and professionals as the norm in your examples. But we may disagree on the idea of just what many black women consider as "average" when it comes to black males. Because in my experience (and I speak solely for myself) most black women prefer a man with "swag" which essentially translates into street hood smarts. Most imo place value over street hood smarts as opposed to book smarts, and some prefer a hybrid between them. However the overall must-have, necessity seems to be street smarts over anything else. Most young black women in my experience prefer to have that over book smarts anyday. A straight A black male with book smarts and without street hood smarts are considered 'corny' and "swagless." (lol)

Again, just my experience in dealing with professional black women in addition to those in hood.

I also concur. And, I would like to add that in my personal experience, most women in general would prefer a guy with a little street smarts. Lets face it, if a women is walking down the street holding hands with her man, and a perpetrator approaches them, who would make her feel more secure... the square guy or the thug? And, if someone is trying to climb through her window, which guy would she prefer to protect her? Also, most women want a guy who can handle his business behind closed doors. So, they could definitely benefit from a guy who's a little more aggressive, if you know what I mean. THERE'S NOTHING LIKE THUG PASSION

Old 01-05-2012, 02:39 PM

2,502 posts, read 4,436,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Because in my experience (and I speak solely for myself) most black women prefer a man with "swag" which essentially translates into street hood smarts. Most imo place value over street hood smarts as opposed to book smarts, and some prefer a hybrid between them. However the overall must-have, necessity seems to be street smarts over anything else. Most young black women in my experience prefer to have that over book smarts anyday. A straight A black male with book smarts and without street hood smarts are considered 'corny' and "swagless." (lol)
Can you please explain how this in any way differs from what White women want?

You could point to a million threads on the internets of (White) guys complaining about women not wanting nice guys and instead wanting "bad boys" or "a@@holes."

Don't get it twisted. These Black women you supposedly talked to do not want a criminal. They don't want a murderer, drug dealer, or stick-up kid. They do however want a guy that's not afraid of being a strong man. Just like most White women.

Old 01-05-2012, 03:08 PM

708 posts, read 1,205,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
To ppl either a black man is either a thug or a professional-- as if there can't be any in-between. Most of us black women are not chasing thugs, we simply want an average working class man who is a good provider. I don't hang out with thugs many of the blk ppl I know are working class, just normal people who are just trying to live a good life.
I do not believe that, women tell themselves they dont want a thug (or white women tell themselves they dont want the office sleaze) and they continue saying that right into the bedroom of said thug/sleaze.

Most women (black women included) want a man that is a little dangerous, and a boring Wall Street Analyst, that folds and irons socks before they go into the drawer, and cries when Bambi gets shot inst going to fit that bill.

For the ones that truely want stability hats off to you, but there are too many women in too many relationships with too many married guys for the "We just want stability" line to fly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago