Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2012, 11:27 AM

708 posts, read 1,205,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
I hate when people think just because someone is attractive, it makes everything like racism/colorism go away and your life should be perfect. It really doesn't. there have been many shows on national television featuring attractive and successful black women who had a tough time dating other successful Black men (because many choose to date IR), the women were not ugly, and were in good shape yet they still experienced the same obstacles that every other woman faced.
Thats not the whole story. Women can have issues too. I dont think Ive ever met a woman who was single, that didnt have some sort of (pick one) crazy ex, whack job, creeper, stalker, lazy, kids, unemployed, high expectation, ghetto issue deal going on. Men look at successful attractive women suspiciously for a reason.

Its already been said in the thread, with kids, money, jobs, education etc.....if you have a perfect woman skin tone is to shallow of a reason to reject a mate. I believe the example given was, refusing to buy the greatest car in the world because the rims werent good.

Any guy that does throw the perfect woman back over that kind of issue (with so many other positives)....I would question his sanity, but the reality is women have issues just like men, and the scapegoat is skin color if dark, and "assertiveness" if light.....the real problem is just women being hard to deal with so dudes roll out.

Old 01-02-2012, 11:28 AM

829 posts, read 2,088,809 times
It just seems like the feminist media has set off a proxy war that is being foolishly fought by black women who have fed into it at there own expense. I think feeding into this sort of nonsense is only making black women look desperate and less desirable not only to black men, but also insuring that men of other races also see black women as inferior. It leads me to question is it really the men or women here who are brainwashed?

Should the dark skinned black women be upset with the black men or with with the women who are stealing all of there men. Also why aren't black women more upset with the feminist in the media of other races who seem to continually put black women's relationship woes out there, doing prime time news special and such. As if black women are some sort of exotic animal species whose mating habits need to be further investigated on prime time television. It just seems to me that black women are showing anger and aggression to the wrong parties. Don't blame it on black men. Blame it on the women who messed it up for you and are pretty much stealing your men. But that would not be very feminist to do so.

Attacking black men and at the same time calling black men dead beat losers does not help your cause. Which one is it anyway? Are other races of women stealing all of your black men or are black men just dead beat losers?

Old 01-02-2012, 11:35 AM

93,347 posts, read 123,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicnice View Post
RE: Successful men dating light skinned women....that is purely a subjective and anecdotal opinion that you assert as fact. For every successful guy with a light skinned woman I can show you one with a dark-skinned woman, or a white man with a black woman.
True....Naomi Campbell, Roxie Roker, Pearl Bailey, Paula Patton, Donna Summer and many more, but that seems to be overlooked.

Again, the man that the OP wants can and/or will be there in the area. It's just a matter of what she is looking for.

Old 01-02-2012, 11:37 AM

140 posts, read 120,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
You mean like this one with the over-the-hill, washed up lawyer chick? Or the overweight, old and washed up chick who demanded a stature of 6'5 or taller? Hmm...I can't figure out why a woman would be single if one of her standards is that a man be 6'5 inches tall. Scientists (and Steve Harvey) remain puzzled.

ABC Nightline - 42% of Black Women Are Unmarried - YouTube
I'm not sure which clip you watched, but none of them are overweight or old. All of them are attractive.

Also, there are so many subliminal messages in that brief clip.

Old 01-02-2012, 11:41 AM

708 posts, read 1,205,747 times
Quote:
You mean like this one with the over-the-hill, washed up lawyer chick? Or the overweight, old and washed up chick who demanded a stature of 6'5 or taller? Hmm...I can't figure out why a woman would be single if one of her standards is that a man be 6'5 inches tall. Scientists (and Steve Harvey) remain puzzled.

ABC Nightline - 42% of Black Women Are Unmarried - YouTube

LMAO -- I agree with the rediculousness of their requirements.

I went to a highschool with three thousand five hundred kids there. You know how many were over 6'5?? Maybe, three.

Some simple math, shows that, the young lady that wants 6'5, she had a .08% chance of meeting someone: thats 8 hundredths of 1%.

Thats like winning the lottery, and thats JUST for height, we arent talking weight, race, income, intelligence etc. Like I said before, sometimes women are single due to their own misgivings....

Old 01-02-2012, 11:42 AM

32,108 posts, read 34,720,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linicx View Post
It might be true on the East Coast but I don't think it is true so much in the Midwest. Both coasts have an entirely different lifestyle, from tip to tale, than the Midwest. I think some of it is a bit unrealistic. For instance My SIL paid $40k in LA for a 1.5 carat diamond ring. It wasn't special; It was Beverly Hills. He could have done the same in the Midwest for a lot less.
That's like saying that women in the Midwest don't share the same general disinterest in shorter men as women on the East Coast. Men are hard-wired to be attracted to young, fertile-aged women the same way women are hard-wired to be attracted to tall men. Just because these truths suck for shorter men and older women doesn't invalidate their "truthiness."

Old 01-02-2012, 11:45 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,120,110 times
Quote:
That's like saying that women in the Midwest don't share the same general disinterest in shorter men as women on the East Coast. Men are hard-wired to be attracted to young, fertile-aged women the same way women are hard-wired to be attracted to tall men. Just because these truths suck for shorter men and older women doesn't invalidate their "truthiness."
Well, I'd hate to think when I get into my mid 30s men will see me as washed up. from reading your posts you seem to feed into a lot of sexist stereotypes

Old 01-02-2012, 11:52 AM

140 posts, read 120,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
Maybe a lot of these successful black men don't find many dark skin American black women to be hot, or there aren't enough dark skin black women, let alone models, for the match up to be equal. One poster said Jay-Z was light skin. Though I never seen him as dark skin, more like a middle complexion, but light skin? So if that is the case, less than 50-40% of African Americans are ''dark skin'', which makes it impossible for it to be equal.
Most AA's are variations of brown to dark brown.

If rich black men wanted a dark model, they could find them easily throughout the world. It would be far easier to find a dark beautiful woman because there are more of us globally. White women are minorities on a global scale.

Black Fashion Models at The Victoria's Secret Fashion Shows 2005-2009 - YouTube

Old 01-02-2012, 11:58 AM

121 posts, read 216,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allen2323 View Post
It just seems like the feminist media has set off a proxy war that is being foolishly fought by black women who have fed into it at there own expense. I think feeding into this sort of nonsense is only making black women look desperate and less desirable not only to black men, but also insuring that men of other races also see black women as inferior. It leads me to question is it really the men or women here who are brainwashed?

Should the dark skinned black women be upset with the black men or with with the women who are stealing all of there men. Also why aren't black women more upset with the feminist in the media of other races who seem to continually put black women's relationship woes out there, doing prime time news special and such. As if black women are some sort of exotic animal species whose mating habits need to be further investigated on prime time television. It just seems to me that black women are showing anger and aggression to the wrong parties. Don't blame it on black men. Blame it on the women who messed it up for you and are pretty much stealing your men. But that would not be very feminist to do so.

Attacking black men and at the same time calling black men dead beat losers does not help your cause. Which one is it anyway? Are other races of women stealing all of your black men or are black men just dead beat losers?
Why should I get mad at a woman for "stealing" something that wasn't mine in the first place? That's just like women who get angry at "the other woman" when her partner is the one who cheated. Although I don't think "blame" is a correct word to use, if you as a black man do not find me--a black woman--attractive, it is YOU and who is responsible for that.

Old 01-02-2012, 12:00 PM

32,108 posts, read 34,720,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
Well, I'd hate to think when I get into my mid 30s men will see me as washed up. from reading your posts you seem to feed into a lot of sexist stereotypes
Nature is cruel like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago