Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2012, 12:02 PM

140 posts, read 120,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I think when high profile black athletes and celebrities pick white women; such lends to the attraction of white women and makes white women “trendy”. Michael Jordan made Nike popular, but he could have made any brand popular by associating his celebrity to it. Jordan also popularized the bald head look. Celebrities have the ability to set trends by their choices and many black celebrities choosing white women makes white women more trendy and a sign of status, as athletes and have the ability to choose the best, neighborhoods, homes, cars, clothes….and women. Thus, the more they choose white women the more white women become a status symbol of success.

I have noticed that Hollywood is showing a lot more interracial relationships in its TV shows. It is also showing a lot more gay relationships in its shows. Even if these shows are an actual reflection of the fact that interracial and same sex relationships exists, it encourages such relationships through the power of suggestion and acceptance (it becomes more acceptable the more one sees it). Whatever appears on TV becomes advertisement for such choices or behaviors.

I don’t think that there is any race of women that I could not find happiness with or an attraction to, as a man. However, I do find that I am more attracted to black women, as a general rule. I like light and dark skinned black but my attraction leans more to the darker tone. Lighted skinned women who have thicker lips and broader noses I find more attractive than light skinned women with the opposite. However, again, as a man I find women in general are satisfying to me as I love women.

I am a very conscious African American man. When I look at the world I still see a world with egregious racial inequality. If one looks at the state of black people in this world, it’s depressing. I have managed to earn a college degree and hold down a pretty good job and income. I want to share that with a black woman. That’s just me.

Very true, indeed.

Old 01-02-2012, 12:17 PM

65 posts, read 134,929 times
I have only this to say - any man who does not find dark skin attractive has never seen Sandra Otohwo in a bikini. Or is blind!

Beauty is beauty. Health and symmetry and clear skin of any color and balanced curves (large or small) and bright eyes and a great smile... This is the one thing I like about the otherwise appalling Miss Universe pageant: you really get to see how many different ways there are to be stunningly gorgeous.

Old 01-02-2012, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
So black men do find dark-skinned women attractive, eh?

So I guess you really would have blown a valve if light-skinned actresses had been cast as the leading ladies in Love Jones, Coming to America and Love and Basketball, huh?
If I had my way, I'd pair dark female actresses and dark male actors together in movies by at least a 96% margin.

Sorry, nothing against my light skin sistas but why can't they be paired with the Shemar Moore types, why the insistence on pairing them with dark men? On the flip side, I rarely see light men being paired in equal numbers with dark women, so it doesn't all balance out.

Old 01-02-2012, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicnice View Post
Thats not the whole story. Women can have issues too. I dont think Ive ever met a woman who was single, that didnt have some sort of (pick one) crazy ex, whack job, creeper, stalker, lazy, kids, unemployed, high expectation, ghetto issue deal going on. Men look at successful attractive women suspiciously for a reason.

Its already been said in the thread, with kids, money, jobs, education etc.....if you have a perfect woman skin tone is to shallow of a reason to reject a mate. I believe the example given was, refusing to buy the greatest car in the world because the rims werent good.

Any guy that does throw the perfect woman back over that kind of issue (with so many other positives)....I would question his sanity, but the reality is women have issues just like men, and the scapegoat is skin color if dark, and "assertiveness" if light.....the real problem is just women being hard to deal with so dudes roll out.
Skin color is still an issue amongst many blacks. Denying its presence is equivalent to denying the existence of racism.

Old 01-02-2012, 01:14 PM

117 posts, read 128,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa2013 View Post
Skin color is still an issue amongst many blacks. Denying its presence is equivalent to denying the existence of racism.

I don't think it's wise to take the spite out on African American men or any African American for what the media does. As we stated several times in this thread, there are many qualities that will trump skin tone. I hope you're not a person that thinks just because a woman is dark she is automatically perceived as beautiful by men. Same goes for lighter skin. Many of us have different opinions of what is light and dark. My skin tone is tan brown which has a golden tint in the light/sunlight. I consider myself a medium shade, but some African Americans and other people of African descent may say I am light. Some people of European descent consider me of darker shade.

Last edited by Mr.Bourgeois; 01-02-2012 at 01:27 PM..

Old 01-02-2012, 01:17 PM

499 posts, read 580,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
You have some black men who like to inflict pain onto black women by making them feel bad about themselves. Obviously he felt that any woman who is darkskin cannot grow long hair and any long hair she has is a weave/wig. He was trying to say that his girlfriend's hair was naturally long, and she doesn't need a weave. I have a friend who wears her hair natural, and has gotten rude comments from strangers (black men) on the street.
I'm really sorry to hear that! What was the reaction of his girl friend? She couldn't have been worth much if she didn't comment. I would have ditched a boy friend who did that to me, I would have been so embarrassed and humiliated for the recipient. My heart goes out to you that you have to put up with this sort of racism from your own people. I am really sorry, I just didn't realize that this went on in America......I'm from Europe and white.

Old 01-02-2012, 01:19 PM

93,350 posts, read 123,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmasevemom View Post
I have only this to say - any man who does not find dark skin attractive has never seen Sandra Otohwo in a bikini. Or is blind!

Beauty is beauty. Health and symmetry and clear skin of any color and balanced curves (large or small) and bright eyes and a great smile... This is the one thing I like about the otherwise appalling Miss Universe pageant: you really get to see how many different ways there are to be stunningly gorgeous.
Very true!

Old 01-02-2012, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Yep. A woman in her mid 30s is beyond her physical prime and will have to settle for less attractive men.
Male chauvanist pig! What makes you think that you are God's gift. Put a picture of yourself on here and let we women vote on you. You won't have the courage to do that because you are a waste of space

Old 01-02-2012, 01:21 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,345,799 times
Quote:
Thank you so much for the compliment.

The reason why I made this thread was because a few black women online who live in Chicago were stating that many of the black men were dating lightskin and mixed women. So, I wanted to know how true this is because I don't want to waste my time moving to a city that would just make me miserable if all this is going on
Girl, you need to stop thinking like this! Why are letting this idea LITERALLY dictate your life? When I moved here from Boston, I didn't do a lick of research into whether I'd have to "face competition" in the dating field w/ light skinned girls. If this tiny idea shrouded in myth, stereotypes, and assumptions can persuade you in such a manner, than there is something else going on here that far eclipses your skin color. If you think moving here from Mississippi is going to make you miserable because the Davantes and Jamaris down the block are dating Brittanys and Hannahs, then, again, there are bigger issues afoot. DO NOT move to Chicago b/c you think you think you'll have a leg up in some weird dating competition; move to Chicago b/c you truly believe it is a great city w/ a vibe you like, with the sort of education, career, and social opportunities you're looking for. If you move to Chicago just to find a man and neglect to actually enjoy the city, then you've wasted your time and a grand opportunity.

Honestly, you need to look inside yourself and contemplate what you just said here and ask yourself why you would be miserable. I now plenty of dark skinned chicas who have dated men of all races and shades. The only person who seems to be down on your dark skin is YOU!

Old 01-02-2012, 01:24 PM

Quote:
there are TONS of darkskin Black models.

but if many black men don't find darkskin Black American women to be hot, then what should we do...just rot and die alone? you think that's fair

Jay Z has a darkskin mother, if it weren't for her a lot of these black men would not even exist.
Do you mean Jay Z (who ever she may be)'s mother gave birth to all these black men? Wow!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago