Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2012, 11:15 PM

829 posts, read 2,088,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa2013 View Post
True, according to a recent study there are only 3 'good' black guys for every 100 black women.

The chances of a Black woman finding a “Good” Black man are extremely slim, according to a study by Best Black Dating Sites.

The study claims that only about 3% of Black men fulfill the criteria of being a good, qualified partner.

The criteria was primarily based on data compiled on whether the eligible Black men were heterosexual, good-looking, successful, or childless.
Study: Only 3 "Good" Black Men For Every 100 Black Women | News One

It's a good thing that I'm not into black guys. LOL

SexyVelour's Channel - YouTube
I'm not so sure about that study. I am sure if you reversed it and used all of those same criteria for a Good black woman. The pool of good black women would be small also. I would not be a good black man according to that chart, although I am no longer single.

Old 01-01-2012, 11:31 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,120,110 times
Quote:
An educated mixed black woman's opinion of black guys:

Why I Don't Date Black Guys - YouTube
I have a friend who is from Africa, (Ghana) and she looks like this girl except for she is much much darker(rich chocolate skin tone) than her. So when people claim that mixed race people are more attractive, I find that so hilarious because some of them look like their African ancestors(feature-wise) just in a much lighter package

Old 01-01-2012, 11:36 PM

117 posts, read 128,718 times

Old 01-01-2012, 11:38 PM

140 posts, read 120,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
And hearing this makes those who are not light nor mixed feel so much better about themselves.....
Why don't you follow the example of this dark woman and create children with a guy that will actually stick around?

edhill1988's Channel - YouTube

Old 01-01-2012, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Why don't you follow the example of this dark woman and create children with a guy that will actually stick around?

edhill1988's Channel - YouTube
Not all Black men abandon their children.

Old 01-02-2012, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allen2323 View Post
I'm not so sure about that study. I am sure if you reversed it and used all of those same criteria for a Good black woman. The pool of good black women would be small also. I would not be a good black man according to that chart, although I am no longer single.
The same criteria was used! Don't you realize that educated black women (masters and above) usually do not have any children.

Old 01-02-2012, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
Not all Black men abandon their children.
Not all but most do. Anyone that lives in a black neighborhood knows that most black children are raised by single mothers.

Old 01-02-2012, 12:13 AM

117 posts, read 128,718 times
[quote=BajanYankee;22311765]That certainly makes a difference. Though your shorter sisters are often even more demanding than taller women when it comes to height.

True, women are less discriminatory when it comes to looks. But looks is just one criterion on which men are judged. Just because a woman does not place great value on looks does not mean that she doesn't place value on other attributes that are far more rare. Wealth is rare. Charisma is rare. High social status is rare. Height is rare. Women tend to be far more focused on the exceptional than men. A woman may not be picky when it comes to a guys looks, but she will picky when it comes to other things.

My point was that there are not enough attractive women in the world for the average man to be picky about skin tone. Likewise, there are not enough overall attractive men in the world for the average woman to be picky about height. It would be like refusing to drive a BMW because it doesn't have the rims you want, but yet the car you currently drive is a Ford. Overall, I think men with a preference for lighter women will forget all about that preference in the presence of a very attractive dark-skinned women. I also think that most women will forget about their preference for height if a man comes along who possesses a sufficient number of attractive qualities (swag, credentials, etc.). I do think, however, that women (as the more reproductively valuable sex) tend to be pickier than men.

There's nothing racist about what I said. There are not many attractive women (or people) in the world period. If you're talking about black women, there are obviously going to be even fewer because we're talking about a subset of the general female population. There are very few guys who will pass on Megan Good because she happens to be "too dark." A beauty like Megan Good is rare, so the average guy is not going to pass her up and hold out for a Paula Patton lookalike.

Ultimately, if you're a black woman and men aren't taking much of an interest in you, it probably has more to do with your overall attractiveness than your skin tone. I hear women say stuff like this all the time: "Black men just want light-skinned women!" And then when I point out 12 or 13 dark-skinned girls (who are fine) who have good men, they give another litany of excuses.[/quote]

and I actually thought you were being just a little to rough...if only more African American men were as articulate, perceptive, and honest as you

Old 01-02-2012, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Not all but most do. Anyone that lives in a black neighborhood knows that most black children are raised by single mothers.
I was raised in a black neighborhood by both of my parents; my brothers are married to their wives and are involved in their children's lives and my sister is married to a black man and the both of them raise their two children together. There are still black men out there who are interested in raising children with black women.

Old 01-02-2012, 04:16 AM

708 posts, read 1,205,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allen2323 View Post
Here is an article which discusses a study that pretty much says that mixed race individuals are seen as being more attractive on average. And are perceived as being more attractive than those whose backgrounds are less diverse.

Futurity.org – Biracial faces voted most beautiful

Maybe the real issue is there is just such a large percentage of mixed race people within the black community who are naturally seen as being better looking and a bit more special. We all know how mixed race women and kids are treated for there looks, it isn't being color struck. Generally mixed race women and kids just look better on average. Only god knows exactly why. I don't believe that it has much to do with the media or anything else.
It is exactly the media, and here is why, if anyone has ever traveled outside of the US you instantly see that the definition of "sexy" changes. In many countries in Africa, a woman with the size 2-4 that the media calls sexy here the states is looking as sickly and underweight there.

And in the black community the shallow attraction is to "like big butts and we cannot lie", and in the white community the shallow attraction is to blondes and breasts. Are we genetically different from the people in Africa that put the rings on women's necks to find women sexy? Is there an ass gene in blacks that isn't present in whites?

Or are we sheep being told *what* to like by the media?

You think it was something in the water that made Romans want to Brokeback mountain each other?

It's simple training. We are trained to like boney models and we are trained to like "fair skinned" children. It's all training bro.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago