Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 03:17 PM

747 posts, read 2,105,123 times

Advertisements

Actually, parking was better last week. When we were there the first time, the visitor parking was closed. Its now open, right in front of the building you need to go to. If you head West on Cherry Rd until you see the McD's, turn left onto Alumni Drive. On the left, you will see a building with tables and umbrellas outside. Thats where you want to end up. Turn left after that building, and you should see a sign that says "no student parking". Look on your left and you should see some parking spaces outlined in green paint. Park there, and the DiGiorgio bldg is slightly to your right. Go in, take the stairs down, and happy days await!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2011, 10:05 PM

2 posts, read 5,059 times
Do anyone know the hours for the Popeye's on Winthrop Campus?

Old 04-15-2011, 12:11 AM

16 posts, read 99,399 times
Default Wowz

I can't believe this thread is still going As for my dilemma on there not being any Popeyes here in Charlotte, I decided to give Bojangles a try... I'm sorry but I didn't like it Although I did find something a million trillion times better, Price's Chicken Coop. I swear I had an Orgy in my mouth!! Nothing can compare

Old 04-15-2011, 04:44 AM

1,661 posts, read 3,287,595 times
Yes, it's the very reason that I don't eat in chain/franchise restaurants. The food pales in comparison to locally owned places like the Chicken Coop.

Old 04-15-2011, 05:45 AM

2,353 posts, read 4,652,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foshodiva View Post
Do anyone know the hours for the Popeye's on Winthrop Campus?
Here ya go: Welcome to Winthrop University Dining Services!

It's part of Markley's at the Center. Looks like a day trip! I've never tried it.

Old 04-15-2011, 05:53 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,513,951 times
I do like bojangles but there is nothing better than Prices! man oh man!

Old 04-15-2011, 06:08 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,722,983 times
I never tried Price's but I'm in that area all the time and I'm dying to try the chicken.

Any recommendations on what to get? (Of course I know fried chicken, but not a fan of a boned piece on a sandwich which I heard they make...) fixins? I like white meat chicken better than dark...

Old 04-15-2011, 06:54 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,513,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
I never tried Price's but I'm in that area all the time and I'm dying to try the chicken.

Any recommendations on what to get? (Of course I know fried chicken, but not a fan of a boned piece on a sandwich which I heard they make...) fixins? I like white meat chicken better than dark...
You can get a "box" you can how many ever pieces of chicken you would like and it comes with potato rounds, hushpuppies (I think?) slaw and a biscuit. If you like sweet tea, it is awesome there! My mama used to love their chicken livers if you like those. LOL!

Be sure and take cash and don't be on the cell phone or texting when it is time for your order. They will pass right over you. It is so busy there and they hustle!

Here is the menu....

Price's Chicken Coop

Old 04-15-2011, 08:24 AM

2,353 posts, read 4,652,923 times
Quote:
Quarter white with an extra roll!! LOL They'll mix it up for you, too, my son likes a breast & leg, and they're willing to do that.

Old 04-15-2011, 09:47 AM

1,661 posts, read 3,287,595 times
Quote:
Any recommendations on what to get? .....
Fried chicken gizzards with onions. (have to ask for the onions)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte