Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2011, 03:39 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,857,528 times

Advertisements

All in all, I still prefer Bojangles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2011, 04:55 PM

56 posts, read 45,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Do they still have that small Bojangles on Freedom Drive? It originally was a Popeyes.
There was a Popeyes on Freedom Drive at the Freedom Village Shopping Center but it closed long ago. Around the time the King Kong Disco closed. It's something else now, maybe a bank. Bojangles was located near there in the Kmart parking lot. That building is now abandoned.

Old 10-23-2011, 09:59 AM

34,088 posts, read 82,937,102 times
Default Kidnapped Bonjangles Biscuit Maker Story

Some time back I came across this anecdote from a Police Detective...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfette-76
I'm telling you guys, I am karmic-ly screwed or something. I don't kick puppies, I help the elderly cross the street, but I must have done something seriously bad as a teenager because my karma is shot to chit and back.

Anyhow, I'm in my Office this weekend typing my little fingers off on a narrative that was hitting nine pages real fast. Communications hits the tones and sends me to BoJangles where the manager has called, all up in a panic because one of his employees was just kidnapped. Yep.

I go. I get there and everythings movin' along just fine and out walks the manager.

He's like....12.
the rest of the story

Old 10-23-2011, 01:35 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,220,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macjr82 View Post
I think htis illustrates (sp?) something about Popeye's. Though their chicken can be good, it is inconsistent from store to store. Whether you like KFC, Bojangles, or Church's one thing you can say is the chicken is the same no matter where you go. Now the sweet tea, that's another story entirely.
I worked at the Bojangles at Central/Sharon Amity for a couple months many years ago. I remember being told to leave the tea bags in the tea for hours, or even overnight. As an adult I learned that tea should not be brewed for more than a few minutes. That's a lot of why the tea quality varies in many restaurants.

Old 03-05-2012, 06:02 PM

1 posts, read 2,339 times
Rock hill has one. Near Winthrop

Old 03-06-2012, 01:47 PM

123 posts, read 217,997 times
I used to frequent Popeye's in Arizona all the time. Tried several locations there and they were all fantastic. Tried one in another state and it was horrible. Depends on how is cooking. As far as my experience with chicken in Charlotte, I've only tried Bojangles once and had a bad experience. The chicken was horrible. Maybe this was a one time thing or the location. Maybe I should give it another try and another location. I heard so much about Price's Chicken Coop and was expecting some great chicken and was disappointed. Have been going to KFC, but it's hit or miss. Sometimes it's great, sometimes very greasy. I've been very disappointed with my "southern fried chicken" experiences so far. Coming cross-country, we did find an outstanding place for chicken. Totally awesome - if you are ever going through Memphis, stop at Gus's. Little hole in the wall, but clean. Best chicken I've ever ate. I've heard of a place called Juan's, which I plan to try. If you know where I can get some good southern fried chicken, please let me know. I really thought I'd find it at Price's. Looks like I'll have to go back to KFC till I find something better or try another Bojangles. Maybe I'm being too "picky", but Gus's set the bar for me.

Old 03-06-2012, 01:54 PM

123 posts, read 217,997 times
Oh yeah, can anyone tell me a Bojangles location that is good. I tried the one across from Cotswold Village (think it's Sharon Amity) and had the bad experience. No breading and the chicken was like rubber. I did fail to mention Pike's has some Honey Pecan Chicken that is wonderful. Best I've found here yet. You only get a breast. I like the legs, too.

Old 07-06-2012, 08:39 PM

2,742 posts, read 6,749,693 times
So prayers have been answered. Popeyes is opening in the food court at Concord Mills.

Old 07-07-2012, 02:16 AM

3,866 posts, read 4,276,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmen11 View Post
I used to frequent Popeye's in Arizona all the time. Tried several locations there and they were all fantastic. Tried one in another state and it was horrible. Depends on how is cooking. As far as my experience with chicken in Charlotte, I've only tried Bojangles once and had a bad experience. The chicken was horrible. Maybe this was a one time thing or the location. Maybe I should give it another try and another location. I heard so much about Price's Chicken Coop and was expecting some great chicken and was disappointed. Have been going to KFC, but it's hit or miss. Sometimes it's great, sometimes very greasy. I've been very disappointed with my "southern fried chicken" experiences so far. Coming cross-country, we did find an outstanding place for chicken. Totally awesome - if you are ever going through Memphis, stop at Gus's. Little hole in the wall, but clean. Best chicken I've ever ate. I've heard of a place called Juan's, which I plan to try. If you know where I can get some good southern fried chicken, please let me know. I really thought I'd find it at Price's. Looks like I'll have to go back to KFC till I find something better or try another Bojangles. Maybe I'm being too "picky", but Gus's set the bar for me.
In Durham, the Chicken Hut or the Krogers on Martin Luther King. I suspect Charlotte has a southern fried or soul food hole-in-the-wall spot other than Prices Chicken Coop but I haven't found it. People think I joke about the Krogers on MLK in Durham but some of the best fried chicken you'll get anywhere.

Depends on the Bojangles or Popeyes location as to what you can expect. Popeyes seems to be more consistent but Bojangles has really good chicken if properly prepared. Other than the red beans and rice at Popeyes, Bojangles has better sides.

Old 07-07-2012, 06:43 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,644,374 times
Nana's Soul Food

A coworker let me try a piece and it was pretty good. She said its the best she knows of in Charlotte and that includes Prices
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte