Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 05:22 AM

2,218 posts, read 3,452,259 times

Advertisements

I only allowed myself fried chicken about once a year...too fattening...but yeah, I miss Popeye's too. Something about their chicken was different. Oh well, I m just glad I wasn't too used to getting it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2008, 09:28 AM

355 posts, read 992,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
it use to be here awhile back but Bojangles is now king here and it also is headquartered in Charlotte and probably the best you are going to get for that ca jun style.

image off of photobucket

Next would be Georgia based Chik fil a

Zaxby's would be next

I love me some Boston Market Chicken Pot Pie and I was mad when they closed the one in Gastonia. urgh
There A Boston Market in the Carmel Commons Shopping Center off Pineville-Matthews road.

Old 10-02-2008, 09:32 AM

2,532 posts, read 3,450,753 times
When I first got here, I thought for sure Bojangles was a part of the Popeyes franchise since the food tasted very similar with menu items that were only found at Popeyes such as dirty rice and jambalaya. I was completely fooled.

Old 10-02-2008, 09:56 AM

747 posts, read 2,105,123 times
Another vote for Popeyes!
Along with Publix and Cuban bread, the 3 things I miss the most about SoFla...
I like Bojangles, but the servings are so small compared to Popeyes, and the taste isnt nearly as spicy.

Old 10-02-2008, 10:02 AM

355 posts, read 992,713 times
Yeah! I miss popeyes too ever since I left NOVA.

Old 10-02-2008, 11:46 AM

1,894 posts, read 6,463,886 times
The story I heard was that Popeye's and Bojangles were either one in the same company or they were two rival companies...and at some point not too long ago, they agreed to certain "boundaries" for their respective markets. This was second-hand info to me, so I don't know if it's true. It is believable since they are very very similar.

In my opinion, a good Bojangles (pronounced Bo-han-glays in honor of my Floridian roots) beat Popeyes. The key word there is "good." that means finding one with high food turn over (lots of business) so you get fresh food. The CATS transportation center in Uptown has been the best I've found so far. Lots of business and alway right off the grill/broiler/whatever.

And Bo Cinnamon breakfast biscuits...crack cocaine in biscuit form!!! When I get stranded on a desert island, make sure there's a huge shipment of those things once a week to me, please.

Old 10-02-2008, 11:48 AM

1,894 posts, read 6,463,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
I love me some Boston Market Chicken Pot Pie and I was mad when they closed the one in Gastonia. urgh
Don't be so saddened. They've recently made a HUGE change in ingredients and portions. We have one at 49 & WT Harris in the Lowes parking lot. There's been a noticeable change in their food recently...change for the not-so-good.

Old 10-02-2008, 07:07 PM

850 posts, read 2,650,450 times
"Love that chicken from Pop eyes!!!!!" There is one in N Charleston, SC... only 3 1/2 hours away....yummm

Old 10-02-2008, 07:42 PM

755 posts, read 2,492,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marndt View Post
"Love that chicken from Pop eyes!!!!!" There is one in N Charleston, SC... only 3 1/2 hours away....yummm
Oh, yeah? Well Gonna' Wanna' Needa' Getta' Hav'a Bojangles!

Old 10-02-2008, 08:17 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,505,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallisteve View Post

In my opinion, a good Bojangles (pronounced Bo-han-glays in honor of my Floridian roots) beat Popeyes. The key word there is "good." that means finding one with high food turn over (lots of business) so you get fresh food. The CATS transportation center in Uptown has been the best I've found so far. Lots of business and alway right off the grill/broiler/whatever.
ooo that is a good I like dining upstairs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallisteve View Post
And Bo Cinnamon breakfast biscuits...crack cocaine in biscuit form!!! When I get stranded on a desert island, make sure there's a huge shipment of those things once a week to me, please.
ok this one product I havent tried but sound yummier than those Hardee's strawberry biscuits.

I had bojangles fried turkey last Thanksgiving and I like it a little tougher than baked but the flavor was incredible.
It the whole bird btw except the head
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte