Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2019, 07:03 AM

2,486 posts, read 1,417,250 times

Advertisements

Yes We are being over run with illegal aliens because CHARLOTTE IS A WELL KNOWN SANCTUARY CITY. THE CITY IS HIRING CONTRACTORS WHO EMPLOY THE ILLEGALS.

Old 08-20-2019, 03:15 PM

3,866 posts, read 4,276,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 28079 View Post
Given the way our city changes (and most of urban America) it is hard for me to understand how any person who wants a great future would vote democrat anymore. They just seem to waste gasoline (our tax money) on the fire (real issues) to just buy votes for empty promises...
It is clear democrats learned nothing from 2016, if anything they continue to live in an alternative self-created reality and going extreme left expecting different results = insanity.
Surely you jest. Good, the Sheriff's using the same playbook from the head clown in DC...everything's politics and fair game. Question is who in the hell would vote Republican? Their hypocrisy is palpable. The entire immigration hardening is a damn joke. Even the head clown knows it, we need these people. So what if a couple thousands "illegal criminals" slip through the cracks.

Hell, with all the mass and random killings by legal AMERICANS, the deflection from the real problem is another example of the right wing lunatic think tank. I mean who is really going to enforce these unenforceable immigration actions/policies...nobody, because it isn't feasible.

I mean for instance, two terms you haven't heard since T has been in office....budget deficit and the "real" unemployment number. All of sudden it doesn't matter....what a fckn bunch of clowns.

Keep up the good work Sheriff. Let these other clowns sort through the immigration policy farce...

Old 08-20-2019, 03:52 PM

21 posts, read 12,691 times
ICE keeps sending "detainers" to the Mecklenburg County Sheriff's Office, which are nothing more than REQUESTS to hold someone they SUSPECT is in the country illegally. Sheriff McFadden has repeatedly stated that he does not honor detainers (and is not required to), to bring him a warrant signed by a judge, and he will honor that warrant. Instead of just bringing him a warrant, ICE has attempted to force his hand by going to the media and attempting to get legislation passed. Governor Cooper has indicated that he will veto the bill and the Republicans don't have the votes to override a veto. The Sheriff remains unfazed by the media attention, and public perception is stronger than ever. Bottom line, complain all you want. Sheriff Garry L. McFadden is here to stay, and his policy on ICE detainers will not change.

Recent ICE arrests in Charlotte-32214749_1950188005014367_8643701354843340800_o.jpg

Old 08-20-2019, 07:04 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,567,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post

Keep up the good work Sheriff. Let these other clowns sort through the immigration policy farce...

Unfortunate that this is a political ploy. I thought the sheriffs job was to keep the citizens of Mecklenburg county safe - Republican or Democrat.

Tonight on the news another illegal alien is in jail. Ricardo Mata - sexually abused a 6 year old girl at an after school program.

Our sheriff is o.k. with letting this kind of scum go just to get back at Trump? Sad and sickening.

Old 08-22-2019, 04:12 AM

372 posts, read 723,186 times
Well,

The bill (370) passed and then, our governor promptly vetoed it.

Cooper's comments:

Quote:
“This legislation is simply about scoring partisan political points and using fear to divide North Carolina. As the former top law enforcement officer of our state, I know that current law allows the state to jail and prosecute dangerous criminals regardless of immigration status," Cooper tweeted Wednesday. "This bill, in addition to being unconstitutional, weakens law enforcement in North Carolina by mandating sheriffs to do the job of federal agents, using local resources that could hurt their ability to protect their counties. Finally, to elevate their partisan political pandering, the legislature has made a sheriff’s violation of this new immigration duty as the only specifically named duty violation that can result in a sheriff’s removal from office.”
Funny how before our current President took office, where was the outrage towards the 287g program?

Governor Cooper - Back when you were attorney general for this state, what was your stance back then, hmmm??

You state that this program "Weakens law enforcement in North Carolina by mandating sheriffs to do the job of federal agents, using local resources that could hurt their ability to protect their counties."

The program has never been cited as taking anything away from LE...namely the MCSD...ever. That statement is pure nonsense.

"Hurt their ability (Sheriffs) to protect their counties"?? Give me a break governor.

As for scoring partisan political points and partisan political pandering, you have a history of doing just that. After all, that's how McFadden got elected. There was absolutely noting wrong with Sheriff Irwin Carmichael. Only his support of 287g and guess what? He was a democrat.

What you have effectively done is to point a tractor beam to this region sending a message to those yet to come here, and those already here illegally and that is "Come here, you and your status is safe with us."

The only ones playing politics with public safety are you and the sheriffs in this state, not willing to cooperate with DHS, INS and ICE for the sake of your political agendas for political expediency.

Shame on you all for putting anyone's safety in this state, at risk for the sake of votes.

Old 08-22-2019, 01:51 PM

3,866 posts, read 4,276,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotteborn View Post
Unfortunate that this is a political ploy. I thought the sheriffs job was to keep the citizens of Mecklenburg county safe - Republican or Democrat.

Tonight on the news another illegal alien is in jail. Ricardo Mata - sexually abused a 6 year old girl at an after school program.

Our sheriff is o.k. with letting this kind of scum go just to get back at Trump? Sad and sickening.
The Sheriff's job is do his job the best way he knows how with all available resources. ICE and Trump need to get their shat together instead of scaring the hell out of everybody with BS politics. It's red meat to the base....breaking news "illegal immigrant commits ____crime because Sheriff refuse to keep locked up". They don't want a solution, bad for politics and red meat for the base.

Old 08-22-2019, 02:19 PM

334 posts, read 307,685 times
Quote:
Surely you jest. Good, the Sheriff's using the same playbook from the head clown in DC...everything's politics and fair game. Question is who in the hell would vote Republican? Their hypocrisy is palpable. The entire immigration hardening is a damn joke. Even the head clown knows it, we need these people. So what if a couple thousands "illegal criminals" slip through the cracks.

Hell, with all the mass and random killings by legal AMERICANS, the deflection from the real problem is another example of the right wing lunatic think tank. I mean who is really going to enforce these unenforceable immigration actions/policies...nobody, because it isn't feasible.

I mean for instance, two terms you haven't heard since T has been in office....budget deficit and the "real" unemployment number. All of sudden it doesn't matter....what a fckn bunch of clowns.

I'll keep it short. I am going to laugh my a$$ off when President Trump wins by a landslide and the morons start screaming and crying again. Bring back the draft. Young people need some right-wing discipline and upbringing. The sheriff is a token given a job that is making him look like a true idiot. He won't last long.

Old 08-22-2019, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotteborn View Post

That sheriff should be ran out of town. Why do they give these leadership positions to morons? It proves nothing and only makes special interest groups look brainless. We have to stop letting unqualified people get into these positions. Maybe the Sheriff and followers will someday be intelligent enough to live in their own state and stay away from law abiding Americans. They can have all the criminals and perverts they want. The sheriff can surround himself with guys like Mata.

Old 08-22-2019, 02:36 PM

Quote:
The Sheriff's job is do his job the best way he knows how with all available resources. ICE and Trump need to get their shat together instead of scaring the hell out of everybody with BS politics. It's red meat to the base....breaking news "illegal immigrant commits ____crime because Sheriff refuse to keep locked up". They don't want a solution, bad for politics and red meat for the base.
Wow, your postings are getting silly. Anger may be compromising your ability to say smart things.

Old 08-22-2019, 04:09 PM
NDL

4,518 posts, read 5,646,444 times
Quote:
I am a political moderate who strives to be impartial, but on this, you're dead wrong: I came here from Long Island, where pockets of gang activity are terrible - terrible, as in innocent people are murdered, and it's heartbreaking.

The majority of folks coming here are decent and hardworking, but from within the immigrant community are a small contingent of very bad people.

It's interesting at how certain folks of a political persuasion - I am not suggesting this of you - go banana's at the occasional mass shooting incident, while turning a blind eye to violent street crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte