Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2019, 03:55 PM

334 posts, read 307,593 times

Advertisements

I don't think that ICE bothering with illegals, per se. They are arresting criminals (illegals) that have warrants or are wanted for crime. How stupid can our Chief of Police and mayor be. Get harmful people off the streets, especially before they can bring other thugs in from other countries. Do people realize how many innocent people are killed every month by drunk illegal immigrants. I am thankful that there are those of us that support ICE. I like good people, not criminals.

Old 08-16-2019, 06:36 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,567,852 times
According to WSOC today: ICE officials warn that Charlotte could become a haven for criminals who are trying to evade deportation.

Another illegal alien (charged with sexual abuse of two minors) has been released without informing ICE. The guy was deported in 2006 and came back.

What the hell is going on with sheriff McFadden? I hope the people of this city wake up and vote this idiot out of office!

Old 08-16-2019, 08:30 PM

60 posts, read 35,672 times
Can’t McFadden be removed for not doing his job?
Just because he was elected doesn’t mean he can just do NOTHING and continue to be paid.
Does it ???

What happens when someone DIES after he releases another violent criminal?

Old 08-18-2019, 12:12 AM

2,486 posts, read 1,416,730 times
I feel like he can not be depended on to protect the visitors coming here for the republican convention. We know he is NOT a Trump supporter and if any Trump supporters have problems I bet he wont be there. Our police chief cant be counted on either, His record of stopping riots and public disoray is very weak.

Old 08-18-2019, 07:15 AM

231 posts, read 213,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn S View Post
Just because he was elected doesn’t mean he can just do NOTHING and continue to be paid.
Does it ???

He’s not doing nothing, he’s cracking down on the mean streets of Cornelius. Haha

Old 08-18-2019, 09:43 AM

334 posts, read 307,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn S View Post
Does it ???

I believe that he could be "recalled" if there were enough support. Unfortunately, this city has a majority of those that are not concerned with illegal immigrants, criminals being released, or controlling law and order to a reasonable point. Until people start marching and showing that toleration for a incompetent and irresponsible racist in such a high position is not acceptable, the status quo will remain. We need to enforce laws that are on the books and not doing so should be punishable. At this point, the government in Charlotte consist mostly of morons. We can be a great city and still enforce the law otherwise we become a Detroit or L.A. or some other "S#ithole.

Old 08-19-2019, 03:53 PM

604 posts, read 652,683 times
Given the way our city changes (and most of urban America) it is hard for me to understand how any person who wants a great future would vote democrat anymore. They just seem to waste gasoline (our tax money) on the fire (real issues) to just buy votes for empty promises...
It is clear democrats learned nothing from 2016, if anything they continue to live in an alternative self-created reality and going extreme left expecting different results = insanity.

Last edited by 28079; 08-19-2019 at 04:05 PM..

Old 08-19-2019, 07:11 PM
NDL

4,518 posts, read 5,646,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotteborn View Post
According to WSOC today: ICE officials warn that Charlotte could become a haven for criminals who are trying to evade deportation.

Another illegal alien (charged with sexual abuse of two minors) has been released without informing ICE. The guy was deported in 2006 and came back.

What the hell is going on with sheriff McFadden? I hope the people of this city wake up and vote this idiot out of office!
He's here to "protect and to serve"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr78609 View Post
I feel like he can not be depended on to protect the visitors coming here for the republican convention. We know he is NOT a Trump supporter and if any Trump supporters have problems I bet he wont be there. Our police chief cant be counted on either, His record of stopping riots and public disoray is very weak.
Regarding the riots, I wouldn't lay the blame on Kerr Putney, a quality person doing a tough job; he was hamstrung by Jennifer Roberts. Thankfully, Charlotte's current Mayor, Vi Lyles, is a lady who's leading our City with a measure of common sense and dignity.

Old 08-19-2019, 08:35 PM

197 posts, read 232,186 times
Coming from a Law Enforcement background, no one in a leadership position, should be playing politics, or enforcing laws for one group in favor of another, or disregarding laws to get back at the President or any other political leader or party. The job of a Chief or Sheriff is to make sure that those under him or her, have the tools and training to enforce all laws equally without regard to personal feelings. To do anything less is showing poor leadership skills, and causes moral problems with the rank and file. Not to mention lengthy criticism from citizens as can be seen in this forum. Instead of helping a community, it causes division and misunderstanding leading to all manner of problems. The Mayor, Chief of Police and the Sheriff should work to make Charlotte a place for legal citizens to feel safe and for visitors to enjoy. I sincerely hope Charlotte doesn't become a sanctuary city. It would totally destroy the image of a beautiful place to something no one wants to live in or visit.

Old 08-19-2019, 10:04 PM
NDL

4,518 posts, read 5,646,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewkranian View Post
I don't think that ICE bothering with illegals, per se. They are arresting criminals (illegals) that have warrants or are wanted for crime. How stupid can our Chief of Police and mayor be. Get harmful people off the streets, especially before they can bring other thugs in from other countries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipdsharkey View Post
The Mayor, Chief of Police and the Sheriff should work to make Charlotte a place for legal citizens to feel safe and for visitors to enjoy. I sincerely hope Charlotte doesn't become a sanctuary city. It would totally destroy the image of a beautiful place to something no one wants to live in or visit.
The above posts shows me that I am somehow uninformed.

I am aware of the Sheriff's position; I am also aware that CMPD is taking a soft stand on people who are here illegally.

I see the Sheriff's position as untenable, and don't quite understand how a law enforcement officer can take a bold, vocal, stand in not enforcing certain laws - for in so doing, he undermines the very system that he pledges to support.

I see the CMPD situation a little differently: by taking a soft stand on immigration, it gives members within the minority community the courage to cooperate with the police. CMPD is stretched thin as it is; in order to go after violent criminals, they need the cooperation of people within the community.

To me, there's a clear demarcation between a flat out, vocal, official, refusal to support certain laws, versus taking a soft, unofficial, stand, so as to work within specific communities.

Is there more to this story than what I have stated?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte