Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2019, 02:27 PM
NDL

4,518 posts, read 5,646,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
They are getting brazen now that one political party and certain states/mayors have promised their protection. I just can't...I mean seriously....I don't agree with our current president in how he talks about the problem but holy Jesus where did all the reasonable people go?

All the legal immigrants I know (including my wife's family and all their friends) can't stand illegals.
Hey - if the City isn't enforcing some laws, does that pertain to just this set of laws, or does it pertain to all laws?

I mean...heck...why pay traffic citations?

Why pay property taxes?

Why obey the speed limit?

If it's the City's policy to ignore certain laws, it might as well apply to all laws and statutes.

Old 02-26-2019, 02:56 PM

13,811 posts, read 27,440,930 times
Another gem.

Quote:
(CNSNews.com) -- Democrats on the Charlotte, North Carolina City Council have asked the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department (CMPD) to “cut back” on enforcement of drunk-driving laws in neighborhoods with large illegal immigrant populations, because illegal immigrants apparently are “nervous to see the cops.”

https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/emily-w...egal-immigrant
What's noted in the story is the police use a history of drunk driving accidents and in those neighborhoods with higher incidences, that is where they focus their efforts.

Old 02-26-2019, 03:02 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,567,852 times
Quote:
Another gem.

What's noted in the story is the police use a history of drunk driving accidents and in those neighborhoods with higher incidences, that is where they focus their efforts.
Wow. Not surprised that the Charlotte Observer didn't report on that.

I am sure ICE and CMPD know that the vast majority of residents support their efforts!!!

Old 02-26-2019, 03:46 PM
NDL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotteborn View Post

I am sure ICE and CMPD know that the vast majority of residents support their efforts!!!
I'm not giving you a hard time (truly I am not ), but Charlotte's a very different place than it was a short, short, time ago.

Old 02-26-2019, 04:12 PM

13,811 posts, read 27,440,930 times
Quote:

To be fair, IMO the bluster of the President has caused and pushed a lot "hard left" in an attempt to pushback on his policies. In other words, by being so "blustery", he in effect has caused more issues (in some cases).

So both have been wrong but holy crap I mean you just have to shake your head.

Old 02-26-2019, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDL View Post
I'm not giving you a hard time (truly I am not ), but Charlotte's a very different place than it was a short, short, time ago.
I agree with you NDL but I still think the majority of Charlotte residents believe in upholding the law.

Old 02-26-2019, 05:30 PM

Quote:
To be fair, IMO the bluster of the President has caused and pushed a lot "hard left" in an attempt to pushback on his policies. In other words, by being so "blustery", he in effect has caused more issues (in some cases).

So both have been wrong but holy crap I mean you just have to shake your head.
You may be right but this stuff has pushed me the total opposite way.

Don't come illegally to MY country and tell me what you deserve.

Old 02-27-2019, 10:11 AM

334 posts, read 307,685 times
What is so confusing is that there are so many millions that have no clue about the negative side of illegal immigration,i.e. those that wish to open the borders. People would rather see the president fail in N. Korea or his northwestern Asian efforts that would be otherwise amazing accomplishments than succeed. American has become a divided nation. I wish all snowflake that haven't a clue about the illegal immigration problems around the would take a year and travel abroad and smarten up. It isn't about hate or prejudice to wish for an end to illegal immigration. It is about safety and survival in the most powerful country in the world. If we lose this status, China, Russia, or a consolidated/united Islamic coalition. Support ICE. They need to do their job.

Old 02-27-2019, 11:30 AM
NDL

Quote:
I agree with you NDL but I still think the majority of Charlotte residents believe in upholding the law.
The point that I was driving at with my comment, is captured in Bill Clinton's now famous statement: "It all depends on what is, is..."

In other words, the value system of Charlotte's duly elected current leaders, are somewhat reflective of the values that the majority of their constituents hold. So yes, Charlotte's residents believe in upholding the law, but whose law?

Are the residents within the City of Charlotte all in an uproar, over the fact that the City will allow illegal immigrants to participate at certain venues?

Old 02-27-2019, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDL View Post
The point that I was driving at with my comment, is captured in Bill Clinton's now famous statement: "It all depends on what is, is..."

In other words, the value system of Charlotte's duly elected current leaders, are somewhat reflective of the values that the majority of their constituents hold. So yes, Charlotte's residents believe in upholding the law, but whose law?

Are the residents within the City of Charlotte all in an uproar, over the fact that the City will allow illegal immigrants to participate at certain venues?
I absolutely get what you are saying and I agree that Charlotte is changing. Everyone wants to move here because it is safe, affordable, beautiful, etc. but then they vote for changes that are making Charlotte more like where they came from. Sadly, the Charlotte I knew and loved is changing. At least I am old and won't have to fully see these changes!

I don't know anyone (that has admitted to me) that they want illegal immigrants here. Seems to me like it is a very small number of people supporting illegal immigration however they have very loud voices.

Again, I am all for immigration - as long as it is done LEGALLY!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte