Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2011, 11:34 PM

11,531 posts, read 30,472,541 times

Advertisements

If you need a copper pair nothing beats AT&T landline. Verizon and Comcast are VoIP. I've been playing with it off an on for several years startin with the headset and dialing a virtual phone on the computer. It has made great strides but it is not nearly as stable as copper pair with AT&T behind it. Internet from At&T is very stable too. I had one 20 min outage in 4 years. It may have some type of cable/tv service, too. Remember this. If you do not have a Internet connection, if you turn off your computer you will not have a working VoIP phone. You will if you have a landline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by razinkain View Post
Moving to Florida as a 6 mos Snowbird. Need a landline. Verizon? AT&T or Comcast? I was told that I should stay away from Verizon! (My cellphone carrier for the time being). Any suggestions from The Sarasota/Bradenton area very much appreciated. Oh, and I need wireless service. Thanks. Razinkain
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2011, 09:43 PM

1,986 posts, read 3,617,895 times
AT&T LTE Network

"Yes, AT&T’s 4G LTE network is fast, super fast! Some speedtest achieved speeds of over 63Mbps on download!"

How fast is AT&T’s 4G LTE network? Super fast! | DroidMatters.com

http://androidandme.wpengine.netdna-...106-110833.png

Old 11-08-2011, 09:52 PM

New AT&T LTE commercial

AT&T TV Commercial -- Tailgate National LTE (HTC Vivid) - YouTube

Old 11-09-2011, 07:15 AM

1,434 posts, read 3,943,485 times
Can we rename this thread "An AT&T employee floods the forum by posting every PR link published on his corporate Intranet"?

Old 11-09-2011, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownHarrisburg View Post
Can we rename this thread "An AT&T employee floods the forum by posting every PR link published on his corporate Intranet"?
Says the Verizon employee.

Old 11-09-2011, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen1110 View Post
Says the Verizon employee.
Only in your wildest dreams. Just because you get slapped around in here on a regular basis doesn't make me or anyone else a Verizon employee. Just educated consumers.

Old 11-09-2011, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownHarrisburg View Post
Only in your wildest dreams. Just because you get slapped around in here on a regular basis doesn't make me or anyone else a Verizon employee. Just educated consumers.
Only in your wildest dreams would I get slapped around in here. I have all my arguments sewed up. How about you? You seem to take this so personal, and I can see why.

I understand you have enmity against AT&T, but it doesnt make anyone who sides with AT&T an employee either. It goes both ways. Moreover, I do not care if people think I am an AT&T employee, it makes me laugh everytime I get hit with the accusation. However I will tell you, that I am a person who stands his grounds, and formulates great arguments. I wish I can say the same for anyone who opposes me. Opposers come and go, and I am still here, waiting for my equal. Many have tried, and they all have failed, including you.

"Its embarrassing you to overthrow the government and you wind up on a Best Sellers List."
- Abbie Hoffman

Old 11-10-2011, 05:08 AM

939 posts, read 3,397,408 times
Quote:
Only in your wildest dreams would I get slapped around in here. I have all my arguments sewed up. How about you? You seem to take this so personal, and I can see why.

I understand you have enmity against AT&T, but it doesnt make anyone who sides with AT&T an employee either. It goes both ways. Moreover, I do not care if people think I am an AT&T employee, it makes me laugh everytime I get hit with the accusation. However I will tell you, that I am a person who stands his grounds, and formulates great arguments. I wish I can say the same for anyone who opposes me. Opposers come and go, and I am still here, waiting for my equal. Many have tried, and they all have failed, including you.

"Its embarrassing you to overthrow the government and you wind up on a Best Sellers List."
- Abbie Hoffman
Wow, how embarrassing! As if winning this argument is your sole purpose in life. You can't win an argument by posting commercials, press releases, and news links. You actually have to convince the majority of people that you are right, which you have failed to do.

Last edited by gvillager; 11-10-2011 at 05:49 AM..

Old 11-10-2011, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvillager View Post
Wow, how embarrassing! As if winning this argument is your sole purpose in life. You can't win an argument by posting commercials, press releases, and news links. You actually have to convince the majority of people that you are right, which you have failed to do.
On the contrary, you win arguments by making a claim and backing it with warrant and grounds. Somethings you have failed to do. Commericals, press releases, and news links are used to support arguments.

Old 11-10-2011, 08:17 AM

Quote:
it doesnt make anyone who sides with AT&T an employee either.
You might want to review your posting history.

Quote:
However I will tell you, that I am a person who stands his grounds, and formulates great arguments. I wish I can say the same for anyone who opposes me. Opposers come and go, and I am still here, waiting for my equal. Many have tried, and they all have failed, including you
That may be the single saddest post in the history of the Internet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones