Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 05:51 PM

11,276 posts, read 19,556,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garden of Eden View Post
Yes! That is the stuff I am talking about!! I was really turned off by the sugar content but now you have just given me an idea to actually make the Glop and mix it in some normal canned food. Thanks, Luv!

I also bought this product today. What do you think??

Products
They don't list what amino acids. That bothers me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2011, 05:54 PM

2,455 posts, read 6,662,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
They don't list what amino acids. That bothers me.
Ah bugs. I didn't catch that. OK. I am calling the company tomorrow, and if they will not be specific, I will cancel my order. Thank you, C21! Two heads are truly better then one! (((HUGS)))

Old 04-20-2011, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Hey I've used Nutri-cal before with one of my last batch of cats! I've used FeloVite too, made by the same company (Tomlyn). A little goes a long way; they're both nutritional supplements. They don't help increase appetite but they'll definitely help keep him from being malnourished until he gets it back.

As for the yogurt, a little won't hurt him. But again we're talking a tablespoon or so, in a day's time. At the very worst, it'll give him gas. Just remember dairy is NOT meat. Cats LIKE cheese and milk and other dairy products (mine loves butter), but they're not really built to digest it very well.
Thank you, Anon! Calling my vet right now to see if they carry either Nutri-cal or FeloVite. Getting him fattened up is exactly what my intention is, and having faith that his appetite, once stimulated with fatty dairy products, will come back! (((HUGS)))

Aw, you guys are seriously the best!!

Old 04-20-2011, 05:58 PM

11,276 posts, read 19,556,099 times
Whispers' kidneys are okay right? Nutri cal should not be given to cats with compromised kidneys. Too high in vitamin A.

Old 04-20-2011, 06:00 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,582,606 times
Okay, now that my brain is working again (well, kind of...LOL!) I'm remembering a few other things that have helped make food more palateable to a finicky set of taste buds...a squeeze of wild alaskan salmon oil, or if that doesn't work, bust out the "big guns"...tuna juice! Tuna is always a last resort for me, because I worry a lot about the mercury, but a bit of the juice to "spruce" things up is okay once in awhile, I think...

Old 04-20-2011, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
Whispers' kidneys are okay right? Nutri cal should not be given to cats with compromised kidneys. Too high in vitamin A.
Kidneys are good. His blood albumin is normal.

Old 04-20-2011, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmycat View Post
Okay, now that my brain is working again (well, kind of...LOL!) I'm remembering a few other things that have helped make food more palateable to a finicky set of taste buds...a squeeze of wild alaskan salmon oil, or if that doesn't work, bust out the "big guns"...tuna juice! Tuna is always a last resort for me, because I worry a lot about the mercury, but a bit of the juice to "spruce" things up is okay once in awhile, I think...
Tuna juice....simple.....and I didn't think of it. He does seem to be craving fish right now, too. I KNOW that is a sign of something, but I don't know what. He doesn't want the meat, only fish.

Old 04-20-2011, 06:03 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,766,126 times
You can get Nutri-cal and FeloVite at Walmart, or Petsmart, and even some supermarkets sell it. It's a fairly common supplement among us "pedestrians" who feed our cats Purina

All of my cats, however, have always liked PetraMalt the best. But it's definitely a more commercial brand and more like an emergency fast-food for cats with problems. Kinda like a hypoglycemic eating a piece of chocolate when he's feeling like he's about to pass out. It'll solve the immediate symptom but is definitely not advised as a regular thing.

Old 04-20-2011, 06:06 PM

Just called my vet and they don't have Nutri-cal but another product by a different company but it is the same thing. I put an order in and it is a go! Whispers will be eating this tomorrow. We still have yet to eat dinner, and seeing it took my husband all afternoon to put a ceiling fan back together that I um, have taken apart to clean for 22 years without a problem.....well, I know he is "too tired" to go tonight LOL and me? Uh uh. I'm drawing the line. I did a lot more then replace the cover on a ceiling fan today! LOL Thank you so much for this information. Looking good!!

Hahahaha.....just read your post, Anon! I have a Wal-Mart right up at the corner here. Oh, could I rouse up enough energy to go? Gee, I think I can! Man, o'live, he is getting this tonight! And thanks for telling me not on a long term basis. I probably would have figured it out myself after reading the ingredients. Thanks for the heads up!

Old 04-20-2011, 06:08 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,766,126 times
Oh! Nutri-cal isn't food. It's a gel, in a tube. You smear around a half-inch of it on your finger and let him lick it off. Same with FeloVite. Except FeloVite smells REALLY strong because it's fish flavored.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats