Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 10:56 AM

2,455 posts, read 6,667,986 times

Advertisements

We need prayer please. There are several emergent situations here.

One: Bella

Bella has fractures under her gums and a few months ago had 2 of her fangs removed. The vet at the time wanted to wait because she said it looked on xray that the other two fangs were starting witht the disease process, but she wasn't sure. Well, the other two have started. Bella has symptoms now that her teeth are bothering her and she is in a lot of pain. My vet does not do surgeries except on Thursdays, so now we have to wait. In the meantime, I have to force feed her.....she is refusing to eat, and I just ordered some Buprenex for her to keep her pain decreased. I will be washing the drooling and drainage coming from her eyes, nose and mouth, and stick to her until this is all over. Yes, she is scared for she is smart and she knows what is coming. I must keep her stable until I can get her in for surgery 9am on Thursday morning.

Two: Karma

Karma is my 11 year old and lately he has been off. Anxious, jumpy and I have seen him jerking. I have to take him in for a complete blood work panel and to have him checked out. I have a "feeling" he may be presenting with hyperthyroidism. This is my healer, this is my buddy, this is my soul here. My Karma I have no words to describe, for he has been there for me and then some.

Three: Molly

Molly has been having some off days lately, why I don't know. If this continues, she is going to have to go back to the vet as well. She is my baby who was diagnosed with CHF with heart murmurs.

Four: Finances

I don't know at this point how my husband and I are going to be able to pay for these vet expenses. I will not let my babies suffer, though, so I must have faith that somehow, we will find the money to pay the vet bill.

I am in a dilemma, one in which is a nightmare. I have found an excellent vet who I will not let go, but the hospital she works out of refuses to help us financially. These cats came to us and we in turn rescued them all, bringing them back to health, some of them who were actually dying. It makes me so angry that this world is so focused on money, and refuses to even acknowledge what my husband and I have done here and continue to this day to do.

Please pray for us. God bless you and I deeply thank each one of you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2011, 11:02 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,429,508 times
Garden, this is all such sad news. You must feel so overwhelmed. I will be praying HARD.

Old 02-07-2011, 11:02 AM

2,029 posts, read 4,039,432 times
Sending prayers and positive thoughts your way. Keep the faith.

Old 02-07-2011, 11:11 AM

12,054 posts, read 23,355,097 times
Putting you on a prayer list and sending good thoughts your way. You are a blessing to those pets.

Old 02-07-2011, 11:13 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,429,508 times
I googled "help with vet bills". The 1st 2 things that came up were the humane society's website and the ASPCA that both had listings of organizations that might help. Google itand start going through the links. I hope you can find some help with this somewhere.

Old 02-07-2011, 11:49 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,240,440 times
Oh no! All good vibes coming from my house to yours.

Does your vet accept Care Credit?

Old 02-07-2011, 12:25 PM

2,455 posts, read 6,667,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racelady88 View Post
Oh no! All good vibes coming from my house to yours.

Does your vet accept Care Credit?
Racelady, I don't know what Care Credit is. And yes, I will research the other information that, forgive me, I think Subject2change gave me. I'm just more concerned with Bella then with anything else right now. I will feel so much better once we can pick up the Buprenex for her. I also put a call in to my vet, and hopefully, she can clear her schedule to get Bella in sooner then Thursday.

Thank you and God bless you ALL for praying. I honestly believe in the power of prayer. Look at how Ruby returned so quickly to Nancy!

Overwhelmed? Who me? Yes I am. Karma is stable right now, settling down with Rescue Remedy and some Flower Essences. But, if his underlying problem is hyperthyoid, or something else, he still needs to be seen. (sigh) Prioritize here, that is what I must do all the time. First Bella. And, Molly is looking better right now too. (another sigh) Relief!

You could also pray that hubs and I find the correct homeopathy for Bella and Karma to keep them both stable until we can get them in to see our vet. Thank you.

Old 02-07-2011, 12:54 PM

4,947 posts, read 10,816,321 times
Best of luck.
Prayers sent.

Old 02-07-2011, 01:15 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,587,058 times
Oh, NO!
Garden, you have my prayers and deepest intent that all 3 are stable until they can be seen by your vet, and that financial help will be given to you! Care credit...I know we accepted it at the E-vet center, and it has saved many lives! Here's a link...
CareCredit® Veterinary Financing for Pet Care, Pet Surgery, Vaccinations & Other Veterinary Medicine Procedures
if you scroll down, there's an application you can fill out to see how much you qualify for. This is a GREAT thing to have for sure, and there is no up-front cost.

I hope this helps and I'm praying you'll be approved for a BIG amount of money that will not only cover the expenses for the moment, but will also provide a cushion for any future issues and thus give you some peace of mind...!

(((HUGS))) Hang in there, my friend, prayers are all around you!!!

Old 02-07-2011, 01:46 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,192,079 times
GOE: You have a lot on your plate. All my best to you and your furpeople.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats