Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 01:55 PM

2,455 posts, read 6,667,986 times

Advertisements

I have just spent the last two and half hours researching for a remedy for Bella, and we did find one. It will at the very least, give her more comfort until she can be seen by our vet. This makes me so angry, so darn angry! We think that our precious baby was kicked and that is why she has fractures under her gums. Her nose as well has a funny lump to it.

Molly I think, there was two things going on with her. One, she was picking up on Bellla, and two she needed another dose of Potassium. Since I gave her the Potassium, she went to sleep and now looks fine.

Karma, also looks fine. Pink pink nose, sleeping like a baby. Yet, my intuition is telling me there is more to this then I know, and he must get seen by our vet.

I hate days like this. I'm so drained, my eyes hurt from the computer, I am worried, and I was supposed to go swimming today for me, for my own PT. It's frustrating, and it is hard to keep going on days like this. Yet, I do, because I love these cats so much, who for the most part have all seen hell and are living in spite of it.

Thank you for your prayers. I will keep you all posted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2011, 03:07 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,540,413 times
Garden - My thoughts and prayers are with you, Bella, Molly, and Karma. Do check on CareCredit, they have been a blessing with our fur children.

Old 02-07-2011, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmycat View Post
Oh, NO!
Garden, you have my prayers and deepest intent that all 3 are stable until they can be seen by your vet, and that financial help will be given to you! Care credit...I know we accepted it at the E-vet center, and it has saved many lives! Here's a link...
CareCredit® Veterinary Financing for Pet Care, Pet Surgery, Vaccinations & Other Veterinary Medicine Procedures
if you scroll down, there's an application you can fill out to see how much you qualify for. This is a GREAT thing to have for sure, and there is no up-front cost.

I hope this helps and I'm praying you'll be approved for a BIG amount of money that will not only cover the expenses for the moment, but will also provide a cushion for any future issues and thus give you some peace of mind...!

(((HUGS))) Hang in there, my friend, prayers are all around you!!!
This is a credit card. My God, I don't need another credit card. Annual interest rate is 29%. I'll check out the other leads. Anyone can max out a credit card, and that is one thing I will avoid, at all costs. I have too much to loose here with this rescue program I have in place right now.

Old 02-07-2011, 04:52 PM

5,168 posts, read 11,440,947 times
GOE, best wishes, positive vibes and thoughts coming your way. Not sure about Care Credit for vet bills, but for humans they offer a Care Credit that is totally interest free for 1 year. After the year is over, you have to pay interest. But by then hopefully something will come up to pay the bill in full. Also try calling local rescue groups, many will help in a situation like yours. Can you sell something to raise funds, or raffle off an item through a rescue group, with the proceeds going to the vet bills?

forum rules, please read them

Old 02-07-2011, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
GOE, best wishes, positive vibes and thoughts coming your way. Not sure about Care Credit for vet bills, but for humans they offer a Care Credit that is totally interest free for 1 year. After the year is over, you have to pay interest. But by then hopefully something will come up to pay the bill in full. Also try calling local rescue groups, many will help in a situation like yours. Can you sell something to raise funds, or raffle off an item through a rescue group, with the proceeds going to the vet bills?
No matter how well you plan things do and can go wrong.

In the Spring, we are putting our sports car on e-Bay. That will help tremendously but we need to get from here to there.

I've also been "nudged" and reminded that God has His Hand over us all here, and that I am to put my boots of faith back on. In short, get out of fear, and back into Faith. Things have a way of working out.......and I have Faith this is no different either.

Thank you, Katz.

Last edited by Garden of Eden; 02-07-2011 at 05:42 PM..

Old 02-07-2011, 06:26 PM

8:30pm

Bella after getting a strong dose of Buprenex, ate tonight by herself, for the first time today. Molly I physically scooped off the bed and strongly told her to stop moping over Bella, it is not good for her! And Karma, still calm, but I will be giving him more Rescue Remedy and Flower Essences tonight, so that he is not anxious in the morning, as he has been.

One moment at a time.....I am back to that......and thank you all for your prayers. They were felt.

Old 02-07-2011, 06:46 PM

6,224 posts, read 6,620,222 times
Garden, I'm going on limb here but may be we can all take a small collection to help. I'm not sure to do this? But have u anyone u can borrow from til the cars sold? I'm thinking all here could send what they can & we know u will use it wisely. I'm going to see what replies are to this. Keep us posted! God IS there w/ u & ALL of us so hang in there lady!

Old 02-07-2011, 06:47 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,587,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garden of Eden View Post
This is a credit card. My God, I don't need another credit card. Annual interest rate is 29%. I'll check out the other leads. Anyone can max out a credit card, and that is one thing I will avoid, at all costs. I have too much to loose here with this rescue program I have in place right now.
Sorry, Garden...I didn't know about the high interest rate, I only know what I saw while working in the field... for people who came in with emergency cases, who were at their limit or maxed out on their credit cards and didn't have enough cash or enough in their account to write a check, it meant the life of their pet could be saved...it was a last resort when all other possibilities had been exhausted and these people were in tears thinking they would lose their animal because of not having enough money to pay for the surgery or treatment needed. This happened a lot, it is a very common thing, and there's no shame in it whatsoever IMO, it's just the instability and harsh reality of this world we live in today, that security and comfort can be taken away through matters beyond our control at any moment. Having this card would be like a security blanket, you'd always know that IF it is needed in a pinch, it is there.

Continued prayers being sent your way...

Old 02-07-2011, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movintime View Post
Garden, I'm going on limb here but may be we can all take a small collection to help. I'm not sure to do this? But have u anyone u can borrow from til the cars sold? I'm thinking all here could send what they can & we know u will use it wisely. I'm going to see what replies are to this. Keep us posted! God IS there w/ u & ALL of us so hang in there lady!
I am in tears. I have never asked for anything in my life, and the offer touches my heart like no other, but I just couldn't possibly ask any here to give me money. Dear God, that is not why I am here, and please forgive me for even asking for prayer for finances. We'll be OK. We always have been.

Movintime, for you to suggest this, I am so grateful. (((HUGS))) Yet, I just don't think it is right. OK? God bless you!

Old 02-07-2011, 07:01 PM

.....thanks, Luv, and God bless you for trying to help us.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats