Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2021, 11:58 AM

18,982 posts, read 32,668,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikkasf View Post
As another poster already mentioned on another posting thread, while in a nightclub, sipping a drink or nibbling on a snack, you obviously have to remove your mask to do that. My take is the mayor inadvertently, did put her mask back on when she got up from the table to dance. She was there to relax & unwind and likely got caught up in the moment. I am not saying it was all ok.....just not wanting to see that big of a deal made out of it and this coming from somebody (me) who did not vote for her.
She was up dancing and singing without a mask as well as taking pictures. If you can't abide by the rules then how can you expect everyone else too? Maybe not make them so ridiculous and restrictive in the first place. She deserves all the flack that she is getting.

Old 09-21-2021, 12:15 PM

2,379 posts, read 1,816,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
She was up dancing and singing without a mask as well as taking pictures. If you can't abide by the rules then how can you expect everyone else too? Maybe not make them so ridiculous and restrictive in the first place. She deserves all the flack that she is getting.

It is debatable is if the rules were " ridiculous and restrictive " I think they worked for a city like SF. But, it sounds like you don't and that is fine with me. I am not giving her a pass on what occurred at the night club. But, I do understand how it could happen. I think overall she has been following the rules. I recall reading last year how she was doing her own hair.

Old 09-21-2021, 12:23 PM

Quote:
It is debatable is if the rules were " ridiculous and restrictive " I think they worked for a city like SF. But, it sounds like you don't and that is fine with me. I am not giving her a pass on what occurred at the night club. But, I do understand how it could happen. I think overall she has been following the rules. I recall reading last year how she was doing her own hair.
Doesn't seem like anyone in that club was following them either. Have you gone out in SF recently? Few people are keeping their masks on at all except when eating and drinking at bars/nightclubs. You don't think it's ridiculous to expect people to keep masks on while they are dancing, singing, and listening to music?

Old 09-21-2021, 12:34 PM

2,379 posts, read 1,816,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Doesn't seem like anyone in that club was following them either. Have you gone out in SF recently? Few people are keeping their masks on at all except when eating and drinking at bars/nightclubs. You don't think it's ridiculous to expect people to keep masks on while they are dancing, singing, and listening to music?

I was referring to the rules in general since the time they were first implemented in SF. My night clubs days are long in the past.

Old 09-21-2021, 05:36 PM

4,433 posts, read 2,455,778 times
Quote:
As another poster already mentioned on another posting thread, while in a nightclub, sipping a drink or nibbling on a snack, you obviously have to remove your mask to do that. My take is the mayor inadvertently, did put her mask back on when she got up from the table to dance. She was there to relax & unwind and likely got caught up in the moment. I am not saying it was all ok.....just not wanting to see that big of a deal made out of it and this coming from somebody (me) who did not vote for her.

Not a big deal, but not something that deserves a pass either.
These people know this is precisely the sort of thing that becomes "a story". So if they can't maintain the image and set the example, they need to reevaluate what they do in their free time because all eyes are on them, all the time. It's not like a high profile politician doesn't understand optics. They just don't care though and *that* is the issue.

Old 09-21-2021, 06:03 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,885,622 times
Whatever is wrong with her thinking to begin with, adding alcohol to the mix doesn't help.

Old 09-21-2021, 06:43 PM

Again the rules only apply to us plebs....

Emmys granted exemption to COVID-19 mask rules

Old 09-22-2021, 01:35 PM

Does My Mask Protect Me if Nobody Else Is Wearing One?

But there is also plenty of evidence showing that masks protect the wearer even when others around them are mask-free. The amount of protection depends on the quality of the mask and how well it fits.

Old 09-22-2021, 02:07 PM

U.S. parents weigh risks, benefits as COVID-19 vaccine for kids nears approval

"Many are parents who themselves have been vaccinated – and their kids are vaccinated for everything else – but are just concerned about a brand-new vaccine," said Shen Nagel, a pediatrician in the Denver area. "They also have the mindset that children are at lower risk of serious disease."

About four in 10 parents of children ages 5 to 11 said they would "wait and see" how the vaccine worked before giving it to their kids, according to polling data published by the Kaiser Family Foundation in August. One-quarter said they would "definitely not" get their children vaccinated, while another quarter said they would do so "right away."

Old 09-22-2021, 03:08 PM

4,433 posts, read 2,455,778 times
I'm in that last quartile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California