Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2021, 09:35 AM

4,433 posts, read 2,453,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical347 View Post
If there was ever any doubt before...Cody and her minions are psychopaths, and I don't use that term lightly.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/06/...-out-in-court/

I said from the beginning that aggressive prosecution of these "crimes" would be a miserable failure which is why no smart DA would want to pursue this route. Santa Clara is apparently the poster child for how to do it poorly. If it hadn't caused so much grief and aggravation for people, it would almost be funny that they tried to use stock photos from that one restaurant's own website as evidence in court. Obviously, the people tasked with their fake-cop jobs had no experience in documenting evidence that would withstand even superficial scrutiny in front of a judge.

Old 06-28-2021, 01:00 PM

3,347 posts, read 2,311,269 times
I be curious whether larger businesses and some others that have good relationship with the city, county, or the state chamber of commerce are favoring the government shutdown as they get bailout money under the emergency declaration, businesses that were struggling to stay afloat actually earn more money this way than fully open. I am beginning to think that some "malls" were given $100,000 checks a month they were required to shutdown. I heard many "malls" costs that much to maintain a month. Thus why malls get abandoned and I see many companies that buy them decide to demolish them quickly rather than repurpose the building even if it had just been freshly renovated in the last ten years.

Also some businesses such as the always struggling bowling center I mentioned earlier seems to had zero interest of considering reopening since March of 2020 until the state announces full reopening which was June 15th. Thus before that even at yellow tier where they are allowed to reopen at 50% capacity they refuse to reopen.

Just off topic any part of the state still offer the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. I heard the Padres offered it on June 26. But its hard to find others that do so. They also seem to comp free baseball tickets with it but I believe the Delta Variant might shut things back down and prevent the games from actually materializing.

I am surprised City of San Jose or Santa Clara County decides to enforce ordinances at all as for years they seem to be a free for all. Many substandard businesses operate in residential zones as well as plenty of businesses that shouldn't be operating operating with fire exits blocked the times I was living there.

Old 06-28-2021, 06:21 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,882,033 times
I highly doubt that any one location of any company was given $100,000 per month in bailout money. Please keep beliefs grounded in plausibility.

Old 06-28-2021, 07:50 PM

26,731 posts, read 26,812,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
The latest is being referred to as the "D scariant".
As long as it's killing vaccinated people over 50--of which I'm one--you can call it whatever you want. The fact is, it ain't going anywhere right now.

https://news.yahoo.com/vaccinated-pe...104813911.html

https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...ill-impact-you

Old 06-28-2021, 07:55 PM

2,209 posts, read 1,783,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
As long as it's killing vaccinated people over 50--of which I'm one--you can call it whatever you want. The fact is, it ain't going anywhere right now.

https://news.yahoo.com/vaccinated-pe...104813911.html

https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...ill-impact-you
Sad but true. It doubled the numbers in just 2 weeks and is growing.Australia, Israel and several EU countries are starting to lock down again.

Old 06-28-2021, 08:59 PM

Just as I see mask usage beginning to drop off a lot, LA County is realizing it has a problem.
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...020550466.html

Maybe the mayor will awake from his stupor and on TV recommend masks and renew a push for vaccination. It's weird how few complaints are made about Los Angeles in this thread. It is a very mismanaged county.

Last edited by goodheathen; 06-28-2021 at 09:12 PM..

Old 06-28-2021, 10:08 PM

19,208 posts, read 16,696,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
It's weird how few complaints are made about Los Angeles in this thread. It is a very mismanaged county.
Maybe if you posted these types of comments in the LA section instead of the General California section, you'd receive more responses and opinions. Just a thought

Old 06-29-2021, 01:06 AM

I'll see if someone posts it first. There are active LA residents in here who seem unwilling to be both critical and politically neutral about the county. Anyway, the rest of the state should be concerned. 1) It could spread from LA to some areas, very easily San Bernadino (where people are even more reckless) 2) it drags down the state's numbers and could cause at least the SoCal region (probably minus San Diego) to be placed into a restrictive category. Free advice: don't travel here for a long time unless it's nearly necessary.

Old 06-29-2021, 07:38 AM

26,731 posts, read 26,812,827 times
Quote:
I'll see if someone posts it first. There are active LA residents in here who seem unwilling to be both critical and politically neutral about the county.
You mean like this?
Quote:
Barbara Ferrer is just a "pawn" in the chess game of California Politics. "Ho hum" to whatever she says.
Why so many covid 19 cases and deaths in LA County:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/los-...-19-cases.html

Old 06-29-2021, 08:37 AM

19,208 posts, read 16,696,914 times
Quote:
I'll see if someone posts it first. There are active LA residents in here who seem unwilling to be both critical and politically neutral about the county. Anyway, the rest of the state should be concerned. 1) It could spread from LA to some areas, very easily San Bernadino (where people are even more reckless) 2) it drags down the state's numbers and could cause at least the SoCal region (probably minus San Diego) to be placed into a restrictive category. Free advice: don't travel here for a long time unless it's nearly necessary.
The rest of the state IS concerned but you and a couple others consistently post about what's happening in LA county and that doesn't affect the rest of us. If you want responses to your concerns, put your comments in the LA section where you'll receive replies. And you can be sure, I won't be visiting your area any time soon. Haven't visited in many years. Not since my sister passed so I think I'm fairly safe.

You be careful out there too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California