Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2021, 06:45 AM

3,347 posts, read 2,311,269 times

Advertisements

Interesting as I met some who where in fire departments, in their departments it’s normally three out of seven day week they are on standby in the station. The same can be said for some police departments as well. Thus technically they could get the vaccine at the end of the third day. And use the remaining days to recover from possible vaccine related side effects and soreness before having to fight fires or crime again.

It’s interesting how I heard from various news sources including Los Angeles’s AM1070 that they spent years developing these vaccines. Thus implying that they predicted the future long before COVID19 was revealed to the public.. Sounds pretty suspicious right. Or maybe we were developing a “cold” vaccine long ago but never got the push?

It’s interesting how CA decides to remove the tier system. Though I am assuming its a matter of when the Delta Variant gets here the state and locals would just make emergency disaster declarations and shut everything down with curfew again. Its not unlike how the DHS getting rid of their own threat level system back in 2007. I mean even today Airports and other venues still gets tightened up at a whelm should something happen both domestically or other side of the world even without the threat level tiers. Thus I believe lockdowns can occur with or without the tiers. Remember those buracracts in Sacramento had suspended the local tier system for a state wide curfew last December.

Old 06-21-2021, 07:48 AM

26,727 posts, read 26,812,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
I know some folks lost a wad of money and some businesses closed down … and all that sucks. But historical perspective of wars and disease and famines says this was a frustrating hiccup with a damn good and timely resolution. Again with exception of those deceased and their loved ones. … But masks? Social distancing? Eating meals at home? No movie theatre or concert nights? Really?
Exactly. Can't rep you again.

Old 06-21-2021, 09:00 AM

18,982 posts, read 32,656,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
I have a friend and family member in both those agencies and both have had covid already. That may be part of the reason for some, I don't know. If you've had it and survived, the sense of urgency to get vaccinated might not be there. A lot of people in emergency services were exposed early on because of the nature of the business. For the record, the ones I know are vaccinated.
This topic was the lead story on KCBS News radio today I heard on my way into work and this is what a their "expert" was saying; a lot of first responders have either caught it or think they have already been exposed so they do not really need the vaccine. Also positing that group leans more conservative and that might have something to do with the vaccine hesitancy.

Old 06-21-2021, 10:31 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,882,033 times
Geez. mRNA vaccines were under consideration many years ago.
https://www.statnews.com/2020/11/10/...-vaccine-race/

Anyway, now I'm seeing evidence that the health nuts are the nuttier ones and less likely than others to wear masks and I won't assume they are vaccinated and that in a small, old building makes me want to shop there less. I can always go to Whole Foods instead.

Old 06-21-2021, 01:42 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,976,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Geez. mRNA vaccines were under consideration many years ago.
https://www.statnews.com/2020/11/10/...-vaccine-race/

Anyway, now I'm seeing evidence that the health nuts are the nuttier ones and less likely than others to wear masks and I won't assume they are vaccinated and that in a small, old building makes me want to shop there less. I can always go to Whole Foods instead.
And you know why they never advanced right?

Old 06-21-2021, 03:02 PM

4,433 posts, read 2,453,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Like the 20% hesitancy mentioned in the other article I posted to this afternoon? The number is from last year, however.

It's still just a best guess which has been my point here.
Do you remember when you got your shots, the big form you filled out from CDC that indicated your employment? Yeah. Me neither. Because nobody is actually tracking this stuff. That's all I'm saying.

Quote:
This isn't new or local, and LA isn't doing badly in that sense. I haven't paid much attention, but for example https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/19/us/po...ncy/index.html

Did you even read that?

Do this: ctrl-F "Eller said" and read the sentence. Than read the quote which follows, paying particular attention to the last 30 words. Sound familiar?

Old 06-21-2021, 11:41 PM

7 posts, read 8,940 times
Hopefully everything will be better in a matter of months since a lot of the vaccines are shipped out across the world.

Old 06-22-2021, 01:42 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,656,174 times
Land of Fruits and Nuts. Check out the map showing how ridiculous CA still is compared to the rest of the nation:

Many Bay Area residents feel free keeping their masks on

That fear may be reflected in research from the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation at the University of Washington in Seattle, which found that mask use has been declining across the country except in California, where more than 60% of people still wore theirs as of early last week when leaving the house.

The science says people don’t have to wear masks outside anymore and in most situations indoors, but for many who spoke to the Bay Area News Group, peer pressure to keep them on or a wait-and-see attitude appears to have taken sway, even though this region has a higher percentage of vaccinated residents than most.

Gotta love that Bay Area group think mentality.... Definitely noticed its stronger on the other side of the hill.

Old 06-22-2021, 02:18 PM

3,080 posts, read 1,745,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Land of Fruits and Nuts. Check out the map showing how ridiculous CA still is compared to the rest of the nation:

Many Bay Area residents feel free keeping their masks on

That fear may be reflected in research from the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation at the University of Washington in Seattle, which found that mask use has been declining across the country except in California, where more than 60% of people still wore theirs as of early last week when leaving the house.

The science says people don’t have to wear masks outside anymore and in most situations indoors, but for many who spoke to the Bay Area News Group, peer pressure to keep them on or a wait-and-see attitude appears to have taken sway, even though this region has a higher percentage of vaccinated residents than most.

Gotta love that Bay Area group think mentality.... Definitely noticed its stronger on the other side of the hill.

...43-year-old Stephanie Fischer, of San Jose, said she still wears a mask “if everyone else does,” a common refrain among others who are keeping their face coverings on.

“I think if a majority of people in a confined space indoors stop wearing them, I feel I’ll follow the group,” Courtoy said. “But it’s like a snake biting its tail: You’re waiting for other people to give you the signal, and they’re waiting for your signals. It’s a difficult situation.”

Sheep! Such a fragile population. So glad I don't live in the Bay Area any longer. This is why, as uncomfortable as it might be, I make it a point to take my mask off if it's not required by the store.

Old 06-22-2021, 03:00 PM

3,155 posts, read 2,700,812 times
I'm seeing if wearing a mask at indoor public places cuts down on the number of seasonal colds I get this year. Usually get 2-3 per year. Didn't get any during COVID, but that might be because everyone was wearing a mask.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California