Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2020, 10:37 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,361,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
That's comparing a literally dying breed of old-school barbers to people who have to get more and more specialized training to cut hair (and do other things). If you and some others don't see similarities with healthcare, that's your problem.
Lol ... yeah, why don’t you give us all an education about how today’s barbers are the new neuro-surgeons ... I mean, after all, they work on the head and neck, right?

No problem here. And no similarities to healthcare.

Old 08-15-2020, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedster24 View Post
I haven't been following the argument, but I've actually never seen anyone use the word persiflage in a sentence before in my life. So, by default, you've been declared the winner. Carry on.
Thank you. I endeavor to keep things lively and provide readers new intellectual horizons.

Old 08-16-2020, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
Interesting ... Sweden dropped their masks and walked through the center of the fire and came out with a near zero death rate now, their economy is intact and they only had 7 more deaths per 100,000 then the US.

The fact that you and Tik posted all these posts refuting herd immunity so fast is a example of Americans fear of it
Um ...
Sweden’s COVID-19 mortality is higher than in most European countries;
https://healthfeedback.org/claimrevi...-this-outcome/

Old 08-16-2020, 02:45 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,184,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Um ...
Sweden’s COVID-19 mortality is higher than in most European countries;
https://healthfeedback.org/claimrevi...-this-outcome/
Um
That’s what I meant by the center of fire. And now their death rate is almost zero

Old 08-16-2020, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Um
That’s what I meant by the center of fire. And now their death rate is almost zero
Um,
Guess you either didn’t read my link, or are simply incapable of understanding it and how it refutes your claim.

Old 08-16-2020, 05:12 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,184,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Um,
Guess you either didn’t read my link, or are simply incapable of understanding it and how it refutes your claim.
Um that’s not how I read it I understood it to say there’s no evidence either way but 0 deaths is pretty good evidence to me. I have friends and relatives in Sweden and nobody is complaining on how they are handling the virus. Right now most of the virus is unknown so all we have are a great many opinions.

Most of America chooses to live in fear Sweden doesn’t

Old 08-16-2020, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Um that’s not how I read it I understood it to say there’s no evidence either way but 0 deaths is pretty good evidence to me. I have friends and relatives in Sweden and nobody is complaining on how they are handling the virus. Right now most of the virus is unknown so all we have are a great many opinions.

Most of America chooses to live in fear Sweden doesn’t
Exactly; there’s no evidence either way. Yet you are lauding the Swedish experiment as if it proved efficacy ... which it really hasn’t.

As for 0 deaths at the moment? Again, as the analysis demonstrates: means nothing as to the Swedish methodology. You may have noticed that California, for example, experienced and strong decline for a while after shut-down ... then, huh, it skyrocketed with cases and deaths after opening back up just partially. So did Washington and Arizona and Florida and Georgia and other states. New Zealand, with 0 cases for a very long time, is now battling a new outbreak.

Your supercilious attitude about California and fearful people is hilariously without basis.

But heck, you got your nails done!

Old 08-16-2020, 07:32 PM

Quote:
So supercilious is your new fav word huh? Did you get it from your daily dictionary calendar?? Your narcissistic unfounded condescending attitude for a high school drop out is without basis but hey you do you
Do a search for my posts that contain “supercilious”. You’ll find dozens It’s a common word for a common condition found in these threads.

Yeah, how about my vocabulary and grammar for a drop out, eh? Shows how superciliously pretentious so many people are who ridicule the self-educated. And so many of these folks can’t even seem to learn the difference between: ‘your’ and ‘you’re’ ... between: ‘There’, ‘they’re’, and ‘their.’ Eh, Finper?

Old 08-17-2020, 07:45 PM

26,737 posts, read 26,828,098 times
Quote:
Arizona isn’t a hot spot anymore
An Arizona school district has reversed its reopening plans after nearly half its teachers refused to attend in-person classes in the fall.

The J.O. Combs Unified School District announced on Friday that it would no longer reopen for in-person classes on Monday, August 17. It also said it would cancel virtual classes until further notice.

https://news.yahoo.com/arizona-schoo...120544783.html

Old 08-17-2020, 08:34 PM

4,433 posts, read 2,455,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
It also said it would cancel virtual classes until further notice.

So, just wholesale cancel seven school's 2020-2021 calendar year?
A plan for the fall school year commencement should've been the number one priority in every state in the U.S. to avoid exactly this sort of thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California