Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2020, 06:36 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,884,211 times

Advertisements

Los Angeles has had a few innovative ideas lately, including gift cards to people who complete contact tracing interviews. It has increased cooperation. Is any other location inside or outside California doing that?

Old 08-12-2020, 06:38 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,356,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
Az never shut down again with the spike. I got my nails done today and am heading out to a restaurant to eat inside in a bit and our numbers are way down. Our freedoms are still mostly intact and so is our economy
I am so happy for your nails. Happy nails make everything better in the world

Old 08-12-2020, 10:34 PM

50,316 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
I am so happy for your nails. Happy nails make everything better in the world
Speakin of mutt. Everything metal is mega priced now. Nails, metal braces, Mah shotgun ammo. This ain't funny no mo.

Old 08-12-2020, 10:40 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Speakin of mutt. Everything metal is mega priced now. Nails, metal braces, Mah shotgun ammo. This ain't funny no mo.
Is it? I didn't realize that, I know that beef is stupid expensive the only way I can afford steak is to buy it at the Asian store and for all I know it's not even beef, heck it might be water buffalo from Thailand.

Old 08-12-2020, 10:42 PM

50,316 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Is it? I didn't realize that, I know that beef is stupid expensive the only way I can afford steak is to buy it at the Asian store and for all I know it's not even beef, heck it might be water buffalo from Thailand.
You can't buy a weapon or ammo without a SERIOUS wait Sleeps. I'm glad I reload but feel for the folks that are trying the first time gig. Anyway, hope you are doing good. These are hard covid times for everyone. Be safe.

Old 08-12-2020, 10:55 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,356,570 times
Quote:
Well, you ain’t painting your ammo Fuchsia Pink yet are ya, Angry?

Old 08-12-2020, 11:57 PM

4,393 posts, read 1,701,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
All you scared angry people need to get out of the Cali bubble. I just got back from Idaho what a beautiful free state. We went to a outside rooftop bar and people were dancing to music everybody was happy drinking and socializing then on another day we went inner tubing on the river and nobody called the cops on us like 2sleepy did in Sacramento. School is starting on the hybrid schedule. Employees wear masks but customers don’t have to. Boise downtown was clean no homeless no protestors. Universities are open, everybody is working. The panic the politicians and media are feeding you is destroying California.
I have family that contracted COVID and one nearly died. My friend’s dad was in ICU for over two weeks with COVID. Both have permanent lung damage. This week, people at work have contracted COVID, and we’ve only been open for a week or so. It’s not panic.

But I’m glad you got your nails done.

Old 08-13-2020, 06:57 AM

26,735 posts, read 26,828,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
I have family that contracted COVID and one nearly died. My friend’s dad was in ICU for over two weeks with COVID. Both have permanent lung damage. This week, people at work have contracted COVID, and we’ve only been open for a week or so. It’s not panic.
Isn't that the truth. (Can't rep you again.)

‘I can’t teach when I’m dead.’ Professors fear COVID-19 as college campuses open:
https://www.latimes.com/world-nation...rs-coronavirus

Old 08-13-2020, 07:29 AM

26,735 posts, read 26,828,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
No evidence that masks do a thing.
Is that right?

Sportswriter Bill Plaschke on his experience with COVID:

"I wore a mask everywhere. I followed all the rules, but a couple of weeks ago I didn’t follow my instincts. I briefly let my guard down. The coronavirus came out swinging.

The weekend before my symptoms appeared, for the first time in four months, I met friends for two dinners at two socially distanced patio tables. Nobody is required to wear masks at the tables, so I removed my mask when I sat, as did my dining partners, and we left them off during the entire time we were at the table.

I didn’t do anything that was prohibited, right? I was just following the rules, right?

My guess is that I caught it there.

I’m angry not at the coronavirus, but at myself, because I should have known it doesn’t fight fair, because I was stupid enough to relax around it for even a second, and now my mistake could fester in my system forever."

I had COVID-19, and these are the things nobody tells you:
https://www.latimes.com/sports/story...-19-experience

Old 08-13-2020, 09:14 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times
Quote:
You can't buy a weapon or ammo without a SERIOUS wait Sleeps. I'm glad I reload but feel for the folks that are trying the first time gig. Anyway, hope you are doing good. These are hard covid times for everyone. Be safe.
wow..who knew? I don't think we have a problem, if my husband bought another gun or box of ammo we'd have to buy a 2nd gun safe and that ain't gonna happen, at least not until he installs my misters in the patio which will probably never happen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California