Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2020, 09:48 AM

2,379 posts, read 1,815,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
wow..who knew? I don't think we have a problem, if my husband bought another gun or box of ammo we'd have to buy a 2nd gun safe and that ain't gonna happen, at least not until he installs my misters in the patio which will probably never happen

I am not sure what that poster meant by a "serious wait". There have been reported delays in back round checks as a result of measures being taken by CA DOJ to try and protect their employees from Covid-19 and a surge of buying firearms & ammunition as result of the pandemic is a added factor

scroll down to orange highlighted section

https://oag.ca.gov/firearms

Old 08-13-2020, 11:18 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,183,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
I have family that contracted COVID and one nearly died. My friend’s dad was in ICU for over two weeks with COVID. Both have permanent lung damage. This week, people at work have contracted COVID, and we’ve only been open for a week or so. It’s not panic.

But I’m glad you got your nails done.
It is a panic when a state is destroying itself for a virus with such a low mortality and hospitalization rate. What happened to those hospital ships docked in LA hmmm?

49 other states aren’t destroying its small businesses like hair and nail salons even though they are practicing the most sterile precautions possible. What’s more sterile a hair salon or Home Depot? The Az nail salon was happy to see me I’m helping them stay open.

Old 08-13-2020, 11:58 AM

6,675 posts, read 4,279,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikkasf View Post
I am not sure what that poster meant by a "serious wait". There have been reported delays in back round checks as a result of measures being taken by CA DOJ to try and protect their employees from Covid-19 and a surge of buying firearms & ammunition as result of the pandemic is a added factor

scroll down to orange highlighted section

https://oag.ca.gov/firearms
People are also freaking out and buying like crazy because of the protests and riots. One article I read said the manufacturers are also not producing as much as they did before.

Old 08-13-2020, 12:18 PM

4,433 posts, read 2,454,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
What’s more sterile a hair salon or Home Depot?

Fair question. But from what I can tell, air volume in a confined space seems to be the bigger concern than sterile surfaces. I don't expect people here to read massive document dumps, but I posted a link to the input of experts from UCSD regarding reopening schools. In it, one of the things they suggest is that air filtration would need to be greater than previously thought (MERV-some number vs. a higher one) and that circulating that air mass should be higher priority than wiping down surfaces. So as to your question as it relates to covid, the answer is probably HD.

I also suspect that other states don't have the economic wiggle room California has and that has become a factor for deciding how much and when to reopen. Maybe places like Idaho have more need to rush it. I don't know. Not that our plan here is sustainable. I'm not a fan of the one-size-fits-all approach and eventually this will become some complex actuary table where we factor in an acceptable number of deaths weighted against the total destruction of our economy. Neither is really smart, imo. California leadership doesn't inspire confidence any more than Idaho, Arizona, etc.

Old 08-13-2020, 12:28 PM

4,433 posts, read 2,454,727 times
Quote:
I am not sure what that poster meant by a "serious wait".

That would be anything over the requisite (and redundant) 10 day waiting period. Just because CADOJ has the authority to delay it for a month doesn't mean it's necessary. This is their own doing.

Old 08-13-2020, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
People are also freaking out and buying like crazy because of the protests and riots. One article I read said the manufacturers are also not producing as much as they did before.
Arizona is out of ammo too. They think it’s because all the Californians drove there and cleaned them out.

Old 08-13-2020, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
Fair question. But from what I can tell, air volume in a confined space seems to be the bigger concern than sterile surfaces. I don't expect people here to read massive document dumps, but I posted a link to the input of experts from UCSD regarding reopening schools. In it, one of the things they suggest is that air filtration would need to be greater than previously thought (MERV-some number vs. a higher one) and that circulating that air mass should be higher priority than wiping down surfaces. So as to your question as it relates to covid, the answer is probably HD.

I also suspect that other states don't have the economic wiggle room California has and that has become a factor for deciding how much and when to reopen. Maybe places like Idaho have more need to rush it. I don't know. Not that our plan here is sustainable. I'm not a fan of the one-size-fits-all approach and eventually this will become some complex actuary table where we factor in an acceptable number of deaths weighted against the total destruction of our economy. Neither is really smart, imo. California leadership doesn't inspire confidence any more than Idaho, Arizona, etc.
Now that the EDD isn’t paying out 1000 a week the next few weeks should be telling there compliance wise and eventually foreclosure wise. Newsome himself said Ca is over 50 million in debt from Covid and he has no money to pay the 100.00 a week difference in unemployment. From what I’ve seen heard and read Ca is broke.

Old 08-13-2020, 01:15 PM

2,379 posts, read 1,815,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
Arizona is out of ammo too. They think it’s because all the Californians drove there and cleaned them out.

Oh, I thought Californians might be driving to AZ..........to get their nails done

Old 08-13-2020, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Oh, I thought Californians might be driving to AZ..........to get their nails done
Yea that to and a nice haircut then lunch inside a restaurant followed by some shopping at a mall. It’s all good.....

Old 08-13-2020, 02:12 PM

50,316 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Well, you ain’t painting your ammo Fuchsia Pink yet are ya, Angry?
Ya know, daughter has the hello kitty print AR-15 so that may be a nice accessory
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California