Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2020, 04:35 PM

19,201 posts, read 16,683,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgforshort View Post
CALIFORNIA DEATH TOLL NOW AT 60
That works out to 0.000153846153846%. Not terribly bad but any death related to this virus is not good news.

Old 03-25-2020, 04:40 PM

42,839 posts, read 26,247,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I can read and what he said was: we will make a decision: this did not mean everything would return to normal You are reading and make out of it what will make you happy. I don't care what Liz Cheney has to say. Why in the hell would you throw that in there? Just because she is a conservative does not mean we all agree with her. Many of us are able to make our one choices without basing them down party lines. AS for states leaving decisions up to the states. I know what is happening: in our state even liquor stores are driver though only; in Mo, about 5 miles from here this is not the case. My comment was made as to whether the federal gov. should be involved period.
The federal government isn't issuing these orders, so I don't know why you are arguing. These shelter in place rules are being implemented by Cities and States.

Old 03-25-2020, 04:41 PM

42,839 posts, read 26,247,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
Interesting but could it just be too that NYC's density skews the infection numbers?
If people in the older age groups have been taking the precautions first issued a few weeks back, it stands to reason that the number of cases in the younger groups will climb as they're the ones more exposed.
I'm sure the population density impacts it, also the fact that so many New Yorkers commute on subways which are probably petri dishes for the virus

Old 03-25-2020, 05:18 PM

3,345 posts, read 2,307,166 times
https://hamodia.com/2020/03/25/massa...rus-emergency/

Among the the most liberal state in the union, governor Baker just issued this order. No BYOB to be accepted by cashiers/bagger, no charging for bags, all local ordinances to the contrary shall be terminated. I hope Galvin Newsom would come to his senses and follow suit, than he is a true hero who puts science over emotional claims that keeps public health at risk all this time.. Grocery Items should be bagged tightly and disinfected on the spot, cashiers should be required to wear gloves and face masks.

Also Galvin Newsom’s encouragement for people to get out and exercise a few days ago, he ended up “hitting himself in the face” as the full results of telling 40 million people on mainstream media happened on Sunday when the state’s population did just that when the sun came out. Though it’s still much safer than making a run to a supermarket or Costco. And people get vitamin D and the pressure relief that boosts their immune systems.

Old 03-25-2020, 05:29 PM

14,299 posts, read 11,681,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizensadvocate View Post
Also Galvin Newsom’s encouragement for people to get out and exercise a few days ago, he ended up “hitting himself in the face” as the full results of telling 40 million people on mainstream media happened on Sunday when the state’s population did just that when the sun came out. Though it’s still much safer than making a run to a supermarket or Costco. And people get vitamin D and the pressure relief that boosts their immune systems.
I think the chances of being exposed to a virus while outside even in a beach or park full of people are so tiny compared to the risks of picking something up while shopping, that you can't even compare them. I was out on Sunday for a bike ride with two of my kids and my nephew. Maybe we looked like a "big group" to others, but we all live together and already have the same germs. We saw small clusters of people who looked like family groups hanging out together, but there was plenty of space between the groups and enough fresh air for all. People going out and exercising is the least of our worries, in my opinion.

Old 03-25-2020, 05:37 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,275,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizensadvocate View Post
https://hamodia.com/2020/03/25/massa...rus-emergency/

Among the the most liberal state in the union, governor Baker just issued this order. No BYOB to be accepted by cashiers/bagger, no charging for bags, all local ordinances to the contrary shall be terminated. I hope Galvin Newsom would come to his senses and follow suit, than he is a true hero who puts science over emotional claims that keeps public health at risk all this time.. Grocery Items should be bagged tightly and disinfected on the spot, cashiers should be required to wear gloves and face masks.

Costco just scares the dickens out of you, huh? They’re letting just so many people into the store, like many others. Are you a Sam’s Club employee by chance?

Old 03-25-2020, 07:33 PM

3,345 posts, read 2,307,166 times
I mean any store with lines and crowds not just Costco, so Sam’s club is included or Walmart or any other store for that matter. The mail brought home from
the USPS can be infected too. I just think it’s absurd for San Diego and other cities to go police state over open space, trails, and beaches. When going to pick up food is a much riskier move no matter. Many restauranteers making take out arnt wearing masks or gloves. They already closed the parking lots of such attractions to discourage those who live far way from flocking in masses why not take wait and see how that is doing before going the second step? Lifeguards on beaches can remind people on the PA not to gather. Just like they do all the time with posted beach guidelines. In worst case scenario they could meter traffic coming off the freeway while allowing those with a local address proof to bypass the line. Just like what some freeway entrances and cities already routinely do to limit commute traffic.

Last edited by citizensadvocate; 03-25-2020 at 07:41 PM..

Old 03-25-2020, 09:51 PM

21,727 posts, read 16,334,063 times
Know this name: Ignaz Semmelweis, the doctor credited with championing handwashing
https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/20/healt...rnd/index.html

Old 03-25-2020, 10:26 PM

21,727 posts, read 16,334,063 times
Italian hermit living alone on an island says self-isolation is the ultimate journey

Quote:
Morandi has a few tips for people now forced into solitude in Italy and elsewhere by the pandemic. He says a few weeks holed up inside is nothing to get upset about but is instead an opportunity to practice some soul searching.
He speaks, he says, from experience. Despite having an entire island to himself, even Mediterranean winters can be tough and he spends many months in confinement.
"I spend each winter shut in my house, for months on end I hardly wander across the island, but instead I kill time on the front porch under the canopy. So what the heck, people can't stay at home for two weeks? That's absurd."

... I understood that the most beautiful, dangerous, adventurous and gratifying journeys of all is the one inside yourself, whether you're sitting in the living room or under a canopy here in Budelli. That's why staying at home and doing nothing can be really hard for many."

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/i...it-coronavirus

Old 03-25-2020, 11:36 PM

6,228 posts, read 3,605,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I'm sure the population density impacts it, also the fact that so many New Yorkers commute on subways which are probably petri dishes for the virus
Do rats carry the virus? If so New Yorkers are ed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California