Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2016, 04:05 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,759,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by schempgo View Post
Notice how you agreed with what I said the commercial was about and the only difference is that you lapped it up eagerly? Bruh? You're the target audience, bless your heart.
I did know such thing. Cooper wants you to defy labels and not worry what kind of stereotypes people have placed on their vehicles because they offer a car that appeals to lots of people for lots of reasons. That's most certainly not what you said.

Here's something for you to think about. Whoever made whatever you've got parked in your garage will happily take gay money, black money, liberal money and whatever other group you have a problem with and there's nothing you can do about it.

BTW, that Bruh, bless your heart thing really got you, huh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2016, 04:08 PM

119 posts, read 88,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
I did know such thing. Cooper wants you to defy labels and not worry what kind of stereotypes people have placed on their vehicles because they offer a car that appeals to lots of people for lots of reasons.
Right, they want you to buy their car because ...homosexuality. Bruh. Bless your heart.

P.S. You can continue to repeat your post, but that won't make me less right. I'm going to stop responding because I've already made my point and you've already agreed. Thanks.

Old 08-19-2016, 04:11 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,759,131 times
Quote:
Right, they want you to buy their car because ...homosexuality. Bruh. Bless your heart.

P.S. You can continue to repeat your post, but that won't make me less right. I'm going to stop responding because I've already made my point and you've already agreed. Thanks.
The gay soccer player didn't say "it is just for men." Sorry. That's still wrong no matter what you claim. You just missed it. And by your own admission, unless a commercial has a straight up conservative white guy in a suit telling you what to do, you will misinterpret the message and think some heinous agenda is being forced on you.

Old 08-19-2016, 04:15 PM

17,705 posts, read 29,796,003 times
I thought it was an ad for Hasselblad.
It is a $20K camera.

Old 08-19-2016, 05:26 PM

27,438 posts, read 1,054,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hashtagusername View Post
When I was showing off Volvo to a dear friend of mine, she made an excellent point: They only show off pretty white women. Like they are perfect.

Granted, she was (is? idk) a more Leslie Gordon (Ghostbusters) kind of woman, possibly rocking Mr. T haircut, with designs on the side, or some variation. "One of those..." but, still.
I don't know. Though I'm a new-world non-white person who is quite used to people of different ethnicities and backgrounds, I associate Volvos with Sweden/Northern Europe, and the "natives" there are, well, white. So I take no offense at the actor types used in the ad, and I shouldn't.

To me, there is nothing wrong with natives promoting associated products. Would anyone "complain" about the use of only West Africans to promote dashikis or of only English-accented actors to promote Jaguar?

Or maybe your dear friend was just making an observation.

Old 08-19-2016, 09:44 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,009,172 times
Quote:
Yeah, you missed the whole point of the commercial.

Old 08-19-2016, 11:58 PM

2,305 posts, read 2,407,124 times
Quote:
"Buy our car, you're OK with homosexuality." That makes sense. Bruh. Bless your heart.
In advertising, marketing campaigns define your goals: gain market share, introduce a new product to your core demographic, or continue to hold your current market share against efforts by others to take it away. Ads serve these different purposes.

Sometimes these "Buy our car, you're OK with homosexuality" ads are intended simply to shore up your current sales demographic rather than appeal to new potential buyers. In fact, ifu the ad doesn't appeal to you, it's likely that you are not part of their buying demographic, i.e. you are not part of their marketing share.

For many products, the tactic is simply to wait for you to become one of their buying demographic. You get a promotion at work, buy a nicer house in a more liberal area, and slowly the neighbor's opinions, attitudes, and buying habits influence you. The ad you that you used to think was trite, now reflects your values. C'est la vie.

Old 08-20-2016, 12:03 AM

2,305 posts, read 2,407,124 times
Zlatan Ibrahimovic's new Volvo advert is an intense lesson in what it's like to be Zlatan - Mirror Online

Zlatan also did a Volvo commercial.

Old 08-20-2016, 12:35 AM

18,557 posts, read 7,362,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
I am sure you've all seen this Volvo commercial. I have, dozens and dozens times and still can't figure out who's who.
I've never seen it. Sorry.

Old 08-28-2016, 10:17 AM

1,112 posts, read 883,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalam321 View Post
Whether you understand the ad or not...the commercial did it's job. It captured an audience and got you talking about Volvos.
No it did not..get me to talk about Volvo..that is. I thought this was the son of the guy who sells suits.
Mae
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive