Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 09:03 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,866,469 times

Advertisements

Car Reliability Comparisons
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2016, 09:14 PM

3,788 posts, read 4,144,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azsportpilot View Post
buick at the top?, subaru at the bottom?

to clear this up JD Powers charges manufacturers for their rankings, subaru refused to pay

this is not independent research.... google it

a look at Consumer Reports tells a very different story

I have heard years ago that Consumer Reports charges companies to have their products featured in the magazine. Any truth to that?

Old 03-02-2016, 09:35 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,232,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james777 View Post
I have heard years ago that Consumer Reports charges companies to have their products featured in the magazine. Any truth to that?
ever since they got sued over bad reviews over bose products i refuse to even listen to anything consumers reports have to say. they won't give bose bad reviews for their good for nothing products."better sound through advertising".

Old 03-03-2016, 07:02 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,620,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortel View Post
ever since they got sued over bad reviews over bose products i refuse to even listen to anything consumers reports have to say. they won't give bose bad reviews for their good for nothing products."better sound through advertising".
I never understood the bad rap that Bose gets. I have several Bose products and I'm more than satisfied with them.

I have the Bose sound link mini 2 that I keep on my desk at work and have to say that there's no other bluetooth speaker this size and within this price range that sounds better, and believe me I've tried them all.

I have the Bose Soundlink 3 portable bluetooth speaker for when I travel or for the beach and I can't count the number of compliments I've received on how well it sounds given its size and price point.

I have the Bose Soundtouch 20 wireless music system for the home that connects wireless via wifi or bluetooth to my music sources and I have to say that this system sounds absolutely fantastic for a shelf speaker.

When it comes to sound per size and cost, Bose can't be beat. Sure you can buy cheaper systems that sound better but that are also much larger and not as pleasing to the eye. I'm not that much of an audiophile to make that sacrifice though.

Another thing about Bose that I love is their customer service and how they stand behind their product. I had an older portable bluetooth Bose sound link 2 that no longer held an adequate charge after 4yrs of service. Took it to a bose store with the original receipt and they gave me a $150 credit towards the purchase of the new model. Don't know too many companies that would do that.

Old 03-03-2016, 09:22 AM

11,557 posts, read 53,351,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
I never understood the bad rap that Bose gets. I have several Bose products and I'm more than satisfied with them.

I have the Bose sound link mini 2 that I keep on my desk at work and have to say that there's no other bluetooth speaker this size and within this price range that sounds better, and believe me I've tried them all.

I have the Bose Soundlink 3 portable bluetooth speaker for when I travel or for the beach and I can't count the number of compliments I've received on how well it sounds given its size and price point.

I have the Bose Soundtouch 20 wireless music system for the home that connects wireless via wifi or bluetooth to my music sources and I have to say that this system sounds absolutely fantastic for a shelf speaker.

When it comes to sound per size and cost, Bose can't be beat. Sure you can buy cheaper systems that sound better but that are also much larger and not as pleasing to the eye. I'm not that much of an audiophile to make that sacrifice though.

Another thing about Bose that I love is their customer service and how they stand behind their product. I had an older portable bluetooth Bose sound link 2 that no longer held an adequate charge after 4yrs of service. Took it to a bose store with the original receipt and they gave me a $150 credit towards the purchase of the new model. Don't know too many companies that would do that.
kinda' a diversion on this automotive thread ...

but my $0.02 worth on Bose "sound" ...

it's very subjective how different people hear "music" and what they are seeking to find in the performance.

Much will also depend upon what you consider "music" ... electronic noise for some is "music" to their ears while it's a "nails screeching upon chalkboard" experience for others ... to the point of pain or other physical discomfort. For many, a device that does nothing more than go "boom a boomba" and "tweetatweet" is pure happiness.

Apparently, Bose products satisfy your requirements for "music" at a price you're happy to pay. So be it.

But for many others, Bose don't come anywhere close to what is enjoyable about the musical listening experience.

Now, back to cars ....

Old 03-03-2016, 10:31 AM

6,633 posts, read 7,251,679 times
Go test drive them all. I like the Q5, but have never driven one. Maybe look at different CPO Lexus models you like? I saw a Lexus commercial and couldn't believe they made this hideous expensive suv. Wtf?!?! Really?
Attached Thumbnails
bmw v mercedes vs lexus vs audi-image.jpeg  

Old 03-03-2016, 10:38 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,620,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
Go test drive them all. I like the Q5, but have never driven one. Maybe look at different CPO Lexus models you like? I saw a Lexus commercial and couldn't believe they made this hideous expensive suv. Wtf?!?! Really?
Yes that is quite hideous looking! Almost worthy of a Mad Max film.

Old 03-03-2016, 11:08 AM

2,335 posts, read 2,026,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
Audi/BMW/Mercedes - Lease. Have fun with it then give it back before the maintenance headaches start.

Lexus - Buy. Great car with excellent reliability track record.
Great suggestion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
Like others said, Mercedes is definitely better in recent years. There's 2 sides to this -you can't beat Lexus' reliability. But you only live once, so if you want to experience a German car go for it and test it out! Go back to Lexus if you're disappointed.
. . . nice JD Powers graphic . . .
I'm surprised that Audi and VW and a couple of other brands managed to stay off the very bottom on that list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuKulgur View Post
You can't really plan obsolescence in the automotive industry, it might bite you in the ass in the end, just too many variables.
Oh, really! Is that a fact!

You couldn't prove it by me.

The German cars are great to drive. IMO, not so great to own. Too many issues, too expensive to fix. Of course, if money isn't an issue for you, well, then just buy two. You can drive one while the other is in the shop.

Old 03-03-2016, 11:14 AM

78,962 posts, read 61,137,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Surprised how low BMW, Subaru finished.....
I'd that that JD Powers survey with a large grain of salt and make sure you know exactly what their definitions and data sourcing is. (Buick at #2 should have your BS meter pegged)

However, specific to this conversation the Lexus should in general be better quality.

Downside however is that most Lexus drivers that I've been seeing lately are older and driving like that early-bird special at Dennys is still going to be just fine when they arrive there to eat it....tomorrow.

Just letting out my frustration from getting stuck behind pokey-arse Lexus drivers lately and the irony of seeing so many Lexus commercials touting their power and performance.

Last edited by Mathguy; 03-03-2016 at 11:22 AM..

Old 03-03-2016, 11:32 AM

2,861 posts, read 3,866,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsprit View Post
kinda' a diversion on this automotive thread ...

but my $0.02 worth on Bose "sound" ...

it's very subjective how different people hear "music" and what they are seeking to find in the performance.

Much will also depend upon what you consider "music" ... electronic noise for some is "music" to their ears while it's a "nails screeching upon chalkboard" experience for others ... to the point of pain or other physical discomfort. For many, a device that does nothing more than go "boom a boomba" and "tweetatweet" is pure happiness.

Apparently, Bose products satisfy your requirements for "music" at a price you're happy to pay. So be it.

But for many others, Bose don't come anywhere close to what is enjoyable about the musical listening experience.

Now, back to cars ....
And for some, many cars don't come close to what they consider enjoyable about the driving experience
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive