Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Lexus are
Extremely good 39 45.88%
Alright 36 42.35%
Below Average 10 11.76%
Terrible 0 0%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 06:27 PM

1,528 posts, read 4,232,606 times

Advertisements

Which do you prefer?

Personally I like Lexus due to their understated design, extreme sophisticated and impeccable build quality and their comfortable and luxurious interiors.

Not to mention they're the most reliable cars you can get. And they cost less than nay of the German.

My favourite Lexus is the IS350 as it looks very nice and it fast!

So what do you think of Lexus and would you get one if you had the choice to?

Last edited by yowps3; 11-21-2012 at 06:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2012, 09:20 PM

1,735 posts, read 1,769,853 times
Lexus - reliable but awfully boring.

Mercedes-Benz - the benchmark and pinnacle of automotive engineering. One of my favorite new cars is their E-class diesel. Awesome highway cruisers.

Audi - the best looking in terms of design and interior, not to mention their high quality interiors. Ride is a bit hard and probably wouldn't consider it unless a diesel came stateside in their new allroad.

BMW - drives better than 80% of the cars on the road today, including all the brands mentioned above. The 3 series is still the bench mark as is the 5 series. Awesome racing history and there will always be a strong fanbase for BMWs.

Old 11-21-2012, 09:33 PM

17 posts, read 70,149 times
I prefer Lexus to the German 3s. I used to own a BMW 5 series, great car, wonderful handling, but ridiculously expensive to maintain and repair. As a matter of fact, in the whole year before I sold it, it spent more time in the garage than on the road, the thing is, sometimes, they just couldn't pinpoint a problem until they tried on your vehicles for several times.

I own a Lexus RX400h then, which is way better than I expected. It is unbelievably quiet while driving, but gives you all the power you need when you floor it, and more importantly, it is so darn reliable!

So yes, go Lexus!

Old 11-21-2012, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca1304 View Post
I prefer Lexus to the German 3s. I used to own a BMW 5 series, great car, wonderful handling, but ridiculously expensive to maintain and repair. As a matter of fact, in the whole year before I sold it, it spent more time in the garage than on the road, the thing is, sometimes, they just couldn't pinpoint a problem until they tried on your vehicles for several times.

I own a Lexus RX400h then, which is way better than I expected. It is unbelievably quiet while driving, but gives you all the power you need when you floor it, and more importantly, it is so darn reliable!

So yes, go Lexus!
Yeah I think once people just experience Lexus and test drive one. They will like it..

btw the IS350 above is almost 8yrs old and look how nice it looks!

Old 11-21-2012, 10:43 PM

7,305 posts, read 28,228,278 times
I like the big Lexus models, the LS series, but dont care as much for the small ones. My cousin has a new 2012 Lexus ES and she loves it.

Old 11-22-2012, 06:49 AM

Yeah the LS is nice also..

Old 11-22-2012, 07:52 AM

1,069 posts, read 2,946,996 times
Lexus isn't bad, just most of their cars are boring (it's a "Toyota with leather", and until recently, Toyota hasn't built anything exciting).

If I were to buy a Lexus, I'd go for the first generation IS300. 1998-2005. It's got Toyota's legendary 2JZ engine, which was used in the Toyota Supra, and is known for it's good power output. With a few engine modifications, it would be crazy fast. Personally, I'd opt for the manual transmission, even though they're almost impossible to find in that generation. It'd definitely make a Lexus more exciting.

Lexus is definitely an understated luxury brand. They run forever, and are cheap to maintain. Insurance is cheap, and they're actually pretty nice cars. The only drawback is that 99% of them are as exciting as a toaster oven. Granted, things like the Lexus LFA are exciting, but too expensive for most of us to afford. I'm actually fairly impressed with the IS-F as well.

Old 11-22-2012, 08:01 AM

2,309 posts, read 4,384,486 times
I own a 2010 BMW 760 LI sedan that runs a twin turbocharged V-12.
Lexus currently does not compete in this category.
If they decided that it was a viable option to make a sedan to compete with the BMW 7 series and Merecedes S class including their V-12 variant, I still wouldn't buy one.

The quality I'm sure would be good but the history is not there. There is no heritage nor pedigree.

On an unrelated note I am test driving a new Nissan GT-R next week as a possible replacement to my car.

The GT-R is the Godzilla equivalent of the BMW M-series so performance alone might just trump heritage for me afterall.

Last edited by julian17033; 11-22-2012 at 08:34 AM..

Old 11-22-2012, 08:11 AM

732 posts, read 2,126,226 times
You'd have to pay me enough to drive the Lexus for me to pay for a BMW for me to drive when I can't fall asleep.

Lexus are seriously boring cars. That works for some people. I don't want to be totally absent from the driving experiences. Others appreciate the quiet, smooth ride. I'll take my BMW, sport package mandatory, M version preferred.

Old 11-22-2012, 10:36 AM

8,238 posts, read 10,726,695 times
Understated design is exaclty why I DONT like Lexus. BMW 5 series is my current dream car (out of my price range) and I am trying to talk the wife into a BMW 1 series. Never driven either one though. Just love their styling. My mom has a Mercedes C300 which I understand is a "poor man's Benz", but if it is any indication of German handling then sign me up for either the Ben or BMW
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive