Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2022, 11:55 AM

17,572 posts, read 15,237,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
I dont really think this is the reason, but you combine that with the possibility of some somewhat hearty celebrating, a heart attack is quite possible. Not saying the man was a drunk, by any means, but I suspect he did do some partying after he boy won the X championship.

Well, as they say, the first time you find out you have heart problems is often when the floor is rushing up to meet your face. So.. Yeah, either heart attack or sleep apnea are the two best bets.

This does throw a big wrench into the future of JGR, tho. Dave Alpern will basically run things, but he doesn't have a whole lot of time left before he's apt to retire.

We'll see where things go. Most of the grandkids are coming of age.. Jackson (JD's son) is on the #20 pit crew and of course Ty is driving.. Those are the only two that I know of that are involved in the team.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2022, 12:13 PM

9,888 posts, read 10,820,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Well, as they say, the first time you find out you have heart problems is often when the floor is rushing up to meet your face. So.. Yeah, either heart attack or sleep apnea are the two best bets.

This does throw a big wrench into the future of JGR, tho. Dave Alpern will basically run things, but he doesn't have a whole lot of time left before he's apt to retire.

We'll see where things go. Most of the grandkids are coming of age.. Jackson (JD's son) is on the #20 pit crew and of course Ty is driving.. Those are the only two that I know of that are involved in the team.
Yeah no doubt going to be some rough goings forward. Reading some of Dennys comments after the Ty debacle... he didnt paint a real optimistic picture. Now seemingly the one guy that kept Ty in check (to the degree that he was) his Dad, is gone. Is Truex signed for next year? More weight going to be put on Dennys shoulders to carry the team? Guess the bright spot is Bell and his team.

Old 11-07-2022, 12:31 PM

so who won the owners and manufactures championship?

Old 11-07-2022, 01:22 PM

17,572 posts, read 15,237,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
so who won the owners and manufactures championship?

The 22 won the owners. The shakeup was that Larson's #5 was in the final 4, but since the 22 won.. That's the owners championship.

Manufacturer I would assume was Chevy, I haven't followed that overly closely.. And yes, it was Chevy, clinched with 2 races to go.

Old 11-07-2022, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
The 22 won the owners. The shakeup was that Larson's #5 was in the final 4, but since the 22 won.. That's the owners championship.

Manufacturer I would assume was Chevy, I haven't followed that overly closely.. And yes, it was Chevy, clinched with 2 races to go.
Got it... thanks.

Old 11-08-2022, 06:48 AM

9,495 posts, read 9,809,471 times
Mark your calendars!

Busch Light Clash at the Coliseum
Los Angeles Coliseum
8:00pm/et, Sunday, February 5, 2023

89 days after the end of the 2022 season.

Old 11-08-2022, 07:39 AM

5,671 posts, read 5,873,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Mark your calendars!

Busch Light Clash at the Coliseum
Los Angeles Coliseum
8:00pm/et, Sunday, February 5, 2023

89 days after the end of the 2022 season.
Doubt Ill watch it. Probably wont get many races in next year at all.

Old 11-09-2022, 05:24 AM

9,495 posts, read 9,809,471 times
Maybe because NASCAR is "more of a family" to many fans than other sports, but it sure seems there is a lot of death of family members involved with many of the top drivers and teams. I was just listening a few weeks ago to Erik Jones on The Download podcast and didn't realize he lost his dad at a young age, but while he was competing. There are several current drivers that have lost their dads. Has to be one of the hardest things to go through.

Earnhardt's, Petty's, Gibb's, Hendrick's...all lost loved ones, with several of them possible heir to the thrones one day.

I know Ty has a love em or hate em fan base. I pray that this young man will lean on his existing family and faith to get him through this. Good chance he'll end up in the 18 next season, but it's going to be a tough challenge without his biggest fan and mentor there anymore. Either he will grow up real quick, or flame out. Ty has a butt load of talent, but Cup racing is mentally tough.

With Joe being 81, who knows which if any of his grandkids will take over the empire? Could it be Ty one day? Possibly. But for now I hope the Gibbs family and team are able to find some comfort.

Old 11-09-2022, 11:22 PM

675 posts, read 644,609 times
Bring on the offseason! I wonder if there are grand plans yet for the '23 cars. Especially with respect to tires, but really everything. I'm not a tech wizard, but I do enjoy that side of motorsports. I'm on an F1 tech subreddit; haven't found a suitable equivalent (busy with posts) for NASCAR.

Old 11-10-2022, 05:08 AM

5,167 posts, read 4,940,856 times
I sure would like to see the final race be at a track that sees more racing action. Both the Cup and xfinity races were clearly dominated. I'm not saying a toss up like Talladega but Atlanta had some of the best racing action this year since the reconfiguration of the track and next-gen car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing