Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 02:41 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,914,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post
Then you really don't know what you're talking about, do you?

That and every other muscle in the body. Think that's called an athlete.

I've seen lots of guys who think they can drive barely complete a lap without hitting something or crapping their pants.
I'm sure you know lots of people, but I'm not one of them.

I could easily drive NASCAR. If you want to sponsor me feel free to. If not don't complain I'm not driving.

I'm athletic but not a professional athlete, but in NASCAR I could be an Olympic class athlete.

Old 06-08-2012, 06:40 PM

441 posts, read 1,492,846 times
Ahhh, I see the kid is still toying with the dumb kids!

Kid, I work with a couple of hundred guys that have put their a$$ in a race seat. Some have done quite well. If you've not vested any time and effort to this point, your waisting bandwidth. Stop pulling these guys chain!

Old 06-08-2012, 06:42 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,986,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
For the other poster 60-70 is nothing I can easily do 100+ on roads meant for 25.
really? i have been on west virginia roads, and i can tell you that unless the car you are driving is a fully prepped formula one car, you are not going to be hitting 100mph on those roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
Then after he wins the Sprint Cup and Rookie of the Year, he's going to take his Guitar Hero skills and go on tour with Clapton and Van Halen!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post
Will that be before or after he runs for President?
he is going to run for dictator of the world, not president.

Quote:
I'm sure you know lots of people, but I'm not one of them.

I could easily drive NASCAR. If you want to sponsor me feel free to. If not don't complain I'm not driving.

I'm athletic but not a professional athlete, but in NASCAR I could be an Olympic class athlete.
you have a very high opinion of yourself, but you have NO proof that you can actually do ANYTHING you claim. at this point you are just another blowhard on the internet who things they can do anything they want because they are anonymous. i am betting that you are 15 and sitting in your parents basement trying to be the big man on campus, and that you dont even have a drivers license(god help us if you actually get one though).

Old 06-08-2012, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
really? i have been on west virginia roads, and i can tell you that unless the car you are driving is a fully prepped formula one car, you are not going to be hitting 100mph on those roads.

he is going to run for dictator of the world, not president.

you have a very high opinion of yourself, but you have NO proof that you can actually do ANYTHING you claim. at this point you are just another blowhard on the internet who things they can do anything they want because they are anonymous. i am betting that you are 15 and sitting in your parents basement trying to be the big man on campus, and that you dont even have a drivers license(god help us if you actually get one though).
Really? You have been on every WV road and want to make such a generalization? I really dont care if you believe me or not, but what you said is pure BS. Maybe you couldnt pull 100 off on the roads you drove in WV, but there are plenty of roads where a skilled driver can do so.

I didnt come here to brag. I came to ask about NASCAR because I knew so little about it. After learning more I merely remarked that I am a very good driver, and am very skilled at driving. In fact I can drive very fast in conditions much worse than any NASCAR race track.

If you dont want to believe me fine. I really dont care what some stranger on the internet wants to assume. It does not effect my driving ability.

I am somewhat interested in trying out for NASCAR now, since I am a VERY good driver. However, it isnt something I can just getup and do. I do plan to look into it. I really like driving rally, and if I could prefer the car I would do it, even over NASCAR, since it is more fun IMO. NASCAR just doesnt have enough curves, and sharp turns for me. I also like really windy roads, and the NASCAR courses I have seen do not have them.

This is not a put down to NASCAR. People have different taste, and I understand that NASCAR is more about driving fast while having lots of cars around you. It is also really long, and requires pitstops.

I prefer racing that involves high speeds, and windy roads, with crazy turns. I also like going up and down hills. I prefer shorter races, and not making laps, but racing toward a destination. Ideally no pitstops would occur.

I dont watch racing on TV, because it is something I find boring to watch, but a joy to do.

If anyone can recommend a type of professional racing that describes my taste please let me know. NASCAR is just not for me, although I do feel I could race it.

We just need to respect each others differences in taste. There is nothing wrong with NASCAR, and you may feel the type of driving I prefer is boring. Hell, I know nothing about watching races, only driving.

So you can all calm down.

Old 06-08-2012, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCproud View Post

Kid, I work with a couple of hundred guys that have put their a$$ in a race seat. Some have done quite well. If you've not vested any time and effort to this point, your waisting bandwidth. Stop pulling these guys chain!
I cant comment on some of the people I am communicating with. Perhaps they are kids, I dont know.

Unfortunately, I am not a kid. If I was I could have vested more time and effort into becoming a racer. I still dont think it is too late though. Im in my mid 20s and I can drive just as good now then when I was teenager. Like I said earlier, racing is not a very physically intensive sport, so age is not that big of a problem.

The main constraint is money. I am doing ok now, but I have a family and just cant go purchase a car I can use for racing, and devout the time to it. I never made plans when I was younger, and now wish I had. Still it is not impossible to race, and being a great driver who loves racing it would be ideal.

However, NASCAR is not for me. Nothing against it, but it just is not my style. I mentioned how I like to drive in a post above this one.

Old 06-08-2012, 08:55 PM

48,493 posts, read 97,123,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
Jon Wes Townley and Ken Butler III were both Nationwide drivers. Both of them combined had the driving talent of a chimpanzee and they got their rides because their daddies have money. Townley's dad Tony is a higher up at Zaxby's and Butlers dad is the CEO of Aaron's.
Buyig ride is really common i racing. i fact anyone to egt tot eh top needs sponsors just like gold if nt rwcih. One reason few american drivers are i F1 is most have to race for some years in europe and that requires sponsors ebcause you have to live there. In fact molst drivers a brig sponsot moeny to their team when they start F1 and some never get past having to have it if they stay on a lesser team.It doesn't eman they are not skilled its ju8st what it takes to get a chance like many thigns. Like mostyhigns seldom does are mnay sucessful in motor racig at the top of the vaious types.

Old 06-08-2012, 09:53 PM

890 posts, read 1,856,013 times
[quote=cry_havoc;24664530]If anyone can recommend a type of professional racing that describes my taste please let me know. NASCAR is just not for me, although I do feel I could race it.

[quote]

Here:

iRacing.com | The Premier Online Sim Racing Game

Old 06-08-2012, 09:57 PM

[quote=dbbd;24665221][quote=cry_havoc;24664530]If anyone can recommend a type of professional racing that describes my taste please let me know. NASCAR is just not for me, although I do feel I could race it.

I like video games, but not racing ones. I prefer games where I do things I cant do IRL. Why use a computer when one can just get a car?

Old 06-08-2012, 10:19 PM

12,572 posts, read 15,619,132 times
Quote:
There is only one version of Top Gear, as far as I am concerned, and that is the British Version.

I like cars the way they like cars.

For the other poster 60-70 is nothing I can easily do 100+ on roads meant for 25.
If you are able to look at your speedo driving the way you attest the speedo is grossly miscalibrated and you are not going nearly as fast as you think you are.
Secondly; do this for 180 miles (road course distance) and let us know how it goes. You can stop for fuel and tires.

Old 06-08-2012, 10:24 PM

12,572 posts, read 15,619,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCproud View Post

Actually, who is really toying with whom?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing