Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 05:21 PM

12,572 posts, read 15,595,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
even the drag racers kind of go in circles, gotta get back to the pits somehow.
LOL! Touche'
But they don't finish where they start.

Last edited by WFW&P; 05-30-2012 at 05:39 PM..

Old 05-30-2012, 09:32 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,898,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Why are posting on a subject that you know nothing about?
Excuse me, was there a rule here you havr to be an expert to post?

Gotta.start someone.

I just dont see the appeal of a car making 500 circles. Perhaps you can explain it.

Old 05-31-2012, 06:44 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,430,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
Excuse me, was there a rule here you havr to be an expert to post?

Gotta.start someone.

I just dont see the appeal of a car making 500 circles. Perhaps you can explain it.
Ok here's how it works, I don't like basketball or hockey but I don't waste anybody's time by posting on those forums.

Old 05-31-2012, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Ok here's how it works, I don't like basketball or hockey but I don't waste anybody's time by posting on those forums.
I dont dislike nascar. I just dont understand it, and perhaps i would like it if i did.

All i understand is a car makes a circle and sometimes make a pitt stop.

Old 05-31-2012, 07:18 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,430,652 times
Quote:
I dont dislike nascar. I just dont understand it, and perhaps i would like it if i did.

All i understand is a car makes a circle and sometimes make a pitt stop.
Go to a race, Charlotte, Dover, Bristol are good places to see your first oval track race.

Old 05-31-2012, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Go to a race, Charlotte, Dover, Bristol are good places to see your first oval track race.
What is the strategy?

Old 05-31-2012, 09:39 AM

6,794 posts, read 5,679,822 times
The strategy changes from race to race. The goal never does, go fast and finish first.. It's not rocket science.. you don't understand it because you don't want to invest the time needed to understand it. I don't know of a sport in the world that can be enjoyed and understood by reading about it on a message board. You have to watch it to learn about it.. you have to learn about it to enjoy it... if your truly curious about the sport then watch a race.. then another.. then another.. If you still don't like it or understand it move on to something else.. its not for everyone.. and we we won't bash on you because you didn't like it.

I don't like soccer or hockey much. I don't watch it, I don't understand it. I don't have the time to invest in it to learn about it so that I can enjoy it and that's why I don't go into soccer or hockey boards and bash the sport however subtle I might be. There are dozens of different sports to watch on TV and nobody (except ESPN sports casters) get to watch and enjoy all of them.. you have to pick your sports, choose sides if you may.. but for goodness sakes, just because you don't understand a sport or you don't like a sport, doesn't give you the right to talk down to the folks that do..

Old 05-31-2012, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
The strategy changes from race to race. The goal never does, go fast and finish first.. It's not rocket science.. you don't understand it because you don't want to invest the time needed to understand it. I don't know of a sport in the world that can be enjoyed and understood by reading about it on a message board. You have to watch it to learn about it.. you have to learn about it to enjoy it... if your truly curious about the sport then watch a race.. then another.. then another.. If you still don't like it or understand it move on to something else.. its not for everyone.. and we we won't bash on you because you didn't like it.

I don't like soccer or hockey much. I don't watch it, I don't understand it. I don't have the time to invest in it to learn about it so that I can enjoy it and that's why I don't go into soccer or hockey boards and bash the sport however subtle I might be. There are dozens of different sports to watch on TV and nobody (except ESPN sports casters) get to watch and enjoy all of them.. you have to pick your sports, choose sides if you may.. but for goodness sakes, just because you don't understand a sport or you don't like a sport, doesn't give you the right to talk down to the folks that do..
I didnt talk down to anyone...

I just said i didnt understand the appeal since i dont understand it. Im a good driver so could i drive nascar? Surely there is more to it than knowing how yo drive at high speeds, making left turns, and being patient. That is why i asked.

Old 05-31-2012, 12:03 PM

468 posts, read 828,696 times
Quote:
I didnt talk down to anyone...

I just said i didnt understand the appeal since i dont understand it. Im a good driver so could i drive nascar? Surely there is more to it than knowing how yo drive at high speeds, making left turns, and being patient. That is why i asked.

To the contrary.

You said in your original post: "It is a car going in a circle a few hundred times. If you want to recreate Nascar just go on a roundabout."

This is talking to down to those that follow and enjoy the sport.

Old 05-31-2012, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTraveler View Post
To the contrary.

You said in your original post: "It is a car going in a circle a few hundred times. If you want to recreate Nascar just go on a roundabout."

This is talking to down to those that follow and enjoy the sport.
Thats how it seems like. It was not my intention to talk down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing