Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2014, 12:09 AM

10 posts, read 34,406 times

Advertisements

I really didn't understand it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2014, 07:46 AM

1 posts, read 10,895 times
Default Moving to NE ATL in October need to find a place ASAP

My wife and I currently live in Tallahassee,FL but she got a job in Atlanta in pharmaceuticals sales. She has the NE territory in which she/we have to live in. We are not real familiar with the areas of ATL and would like to know the best places to live. ,I will most likely be working in Buford or somewhere in that northeast area as well.

1: Budget: Rent $1250
2. House/Condo/Townhome? House or Townhome
3. Employment Status(commute/work from home) Commute
4. Children(public school vs. private) We have a 5 month old, need a good daycare as well
5. Suburban or Urban lifestyle preference or a mix of the two - Mix of the two
6. Easy access to public transit, important or not? Not Important
7. Preferable demographics of desired neighborhood. Would like to live in a safe area obviously, with good school. We are a younger couple (26 & 27) with a 5 month old

Old 09-22-2014, 09:07 PM

5,623 posts, read 6,006,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHATFIELD7 View Post
My wife and I currently live in Tallahassee,FL but she got a job in Atlanta in pharmaceuticals sales. She has the NE territory in which she/we have to live in. We are not real familiar with the areas of ATL and would like to know the best places to live. ,I will most likely be working in Buford or somewhere in that northeast area as well.

1: Budget: Rent $1250
2. House/Condo/Townhome? House or Townhome
4. Children(public school vs. private) We have a 5 month old, need a good daycare as well
5. Suburban or Urban lifestyle preference or a mix of the two - Mix of the two
6. Easy access to public transit, important or not? Not Important
7. Preferable demographics of desired neighborhood. Would like to live in a safe area obviously, with good school. We are a younger couple (26 & 27) with a 5 month old
Repost this as a separate thread in the Atlanta subforum and you'll get more responses.

For you, the biggest issue I see is the mix of the suburban and urban. There are plenty of good areas near Buford (including Buford). Good schools and safe area. But it's by far suburban. You're probably looking at a commute of over half an hour to get anything close to a mix (depending on your definition of urban/suburban).

Old 09-28-2014, 12:35 PM

22 posts, read 31,954 times
Give me some tips what would be my appropriate budget?

Old 10-29-2014, 06:49 PM

1 posts, read 10,444 times
Default Need Help! Relocating to Gwinnett from Philadelphia!

Looking to relocate from S. Philadelphia to Gwinnett County.
Husband would like to transfer as an Airport Manager with Avis/Budget and I currently work in Government Contracting (Desk work). Our kids are 12, 8, 5 and 1. Planning to apply via lottery to the Gwinnett Mathematics Science and Technology School for our oldest who will be in 9th grade next year. Our kids will be leaving the #1 school (k-12) in Philadelphia so the elementary and high school selection is very important to us. Coming from the city life, we would like a neighborhood that will finally give us a nice size yard within a peaceful development to raise our family.

1. Budget 360,000+
2. House/Condo/Townhome? House (5+ Bedrooms)
4. Children(public school vs. private) Public
5. Suburban or Urban lifestyle preference or a mix of the two Suburban or Mix
6. Easy access to public transit, important or not? Not
7. Preferable demographics of desired neighborhood. Safe, not congested

Thanks for all your assistance!

Old 11-05-2014, 10:44 AM

202 posts, read 233,365 times
Travel from Gwinnett is between 50 (northernmost Gwinnett) and 41 miles (southern Gwinnett) (one way) to the airport. I work downtown and live near Mercer University (Just south of southern Gwinnett line in DeKalb Co.). It takes me 20 minutes' driving to get to work and 40-45 minutes to get home. My commute is 12 miles. You might want to extrapolate travel times for your husband.

Old 11-28-2014, 08:27 PM

2 posts, read 10,570 times
1. Budget
Maximum $700 per month

2. House/Condo/Townhome?
A studio apartment

3. Employment Status(commute/work from home)
Commute

4. Children(public school vs. private)
No children

5. Suburban or Urban lifestyle preference or a mix of the two
Ideally suburban, but doesn't really matter.

6. Easy access to public transit, important or not?
Doesn't matter at all.

7. Preferable demographics of desired neighborhood.
Doesn't really matter as long as it's not dangerous and ghetto.

I'm looking for a studio apartment within 50 mile radius from Atlanta.

Old 12-04-2014, 03:54 AM

4 posts, read 15,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herewecomega14 View Post
My family and I are considering a move to the Atlanta in the near future. We currently live in Louisville but are transplants from Chicago. Louisville is not for us any more. I will not elaborate on the million reasons why but will say that we are very motivated to get out! But here's a break down of what we are looking for.

Budget - We have a budget of $2 Million. In saying that we would like to have outdoor space e.i. At least 2 acres.

House/Condo - Obviously we are looking for a house. We work from home. We would like to be to be in the suburbs.

Schools - We need advice on private schools.

We would like to be in close proximity to shops and restaurants and hospitals.

Thanks so much and we look forward to hearing from you!
Consider Milton, GA. You can find large acre equestrian type properties, it's an incorporated city within Alpharetta where you still get the benefits of being close to restaurants/night life, the public schools are HIGHLY rated, and you are just north of Roswell where there is a high concentration of private schools.

Good luck in your search.

Old 12-10-2014, 06:20 PM

21 posts, read 47,225 times
maybe not the right forum, but thought people in this forum might be able to help..... I have a relative moving to Atlanta -it looks like a fancy apartment, I think in the downtown area, can't recall exactly where. They are mid-forties, hip, no kids.
.....trying to think of a wedding/relocation gift - maybe membership to the high museum?...or the aquarium? Would welcome other ideas....I saw something about Agatha's mystery dinner theatre.....mixed reviews, but thought they might like that if it is not just a tourist trap....they like good food and wine.....
Trying to find something they don't have to carry with them, but can enjoy, so figured gift certificates would be best....but not knowing the area, I am short of ideas.....
THANKS~!

Old 12-19-2014, 06:07 AM

1 posts, read 2,447 times
Default A move from Europe

First time using such a thread, but really need assistance! My wife and I are Europeans planning a move from the EU to the Atlanta area. I am responsible for building a new facility for the company (any thoughts on appropriate salary ranges in USD?), and my wife will need to find a job (she's a COO here in the EU, with no connection to the US but is fluent in 5 languages); so we are looking for a blend of things. Where to locate so that she has good access to potential employers, and where I have access to I-75 (heading North of Acworth), a good mix of chic restaurants, local stores, entertainment, etc...and a typically 'European' style of living. No kids in our lives.

1. Budget: $2,500 - $3,000 rent or mortgage
2. House/Condo/Townhome? +3 Bedrooms, +2 Bath for in-laws, etc.
4. Children(public school vs. private): None
5. Suburban or Urban lifestyle: Prefer more Urban feel
6. Easy access to public transit, important or not? No
7. Preferable demographics of desired neighborhood. High-quality restaurants, bike paths, green space, etc.

Read more: https://www.city-data.com/forum/atlan...#ixzz3MLcEZN3P
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta