Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2014, 02:18 PM

182 posts, read 612,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayr2go View Post
Hi there

I'm hoping to relocate to Atlanta for work reasons and happened to visit recently for 2 days. I, however, could not get a complete look at the various places for accommodation but kind of liked the area near Atlantic Station. I was wondering if the locals could provide some recommendation as to places worth (safe, commutable and "fun") looking at.

I'm a single young professional will be working in downtown and will be getting a car (im guessing this is unavoidable in Atlanta) however would still like to use the MARTA to get to work if its safe and possible. I would like to live close to (walking or drivable distance) where the social life is -midtown and buckhead are the two that were mentioned to me but i'm open to hearing from others.

Budget - $1500 max open to all types of housing, would prefer the condo style with gym etc if possible -safe and clean with parking
Open to other housing types too - ideally looking for one bedroom at the cheapest cost but might consider sharing with one other. I prefer the newer accommodations ( as opposed to old Victorian style ). Gas burners definitely get priority.
Bars/Restaurants/Grocery closeby
How much should i budget for utilities (all inclusive) if i were to stay by myself?

Thank you
midtown is your best bet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2014, 07:07 AM

14 posts, read 30,891 times
Stay out of Forsyth County Over crowded mess

Old 07-24-2014, 12:29 AM

2 posts, read 3,778 times
I'm looking to move to the Atlanta area in Jan of next year and while that is still a few months away I would like to get a head start on things because the year is going by to fast. The only thing about planning this is I have no idea as to where to start. Since I am single without children I'm looking for something to rent preferably an apartment. I haven't started the job search yet but I don't mind a long commute as long as it doesn't take over an hour to get from home and back (I do that now living in Orlando). It doesn't have to be near public transportation but that is a plus since I don't know anyone in the area and would hate to stuck if God forbids sudden car trouble pops up. Demographics don't really matter to me as long as it's not in the middle of the hood (nothing wrong with that because I came from there just not trying to go back) and there's not a lot of movement at all hours of the night. I don't really know if suburban living is for me so a nice mix of that with a touch of urban may be great.

Old 07-28-2014, 05:33 PM

2 posts, read 2,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just4friends View Post
Hello,

I am always lurking on city-data. I finally decided to join this forum today. I am looking for apartment recommendations. I am originally from Houston. (Please do not shoot me)

1. Budget up to $900
2. House/Condo/Townhome? a Condo or apartment
3. Employment Status(commute/work from home) Work from home
4. Children(public school vs. private) I have no intentions to *have children soon. I am 20.
5. Suburban or Urban lifestyle preference or a mix of the two urban
6. Easy access to public transit, important or not? very important
7. Preferable demographics of desired neighborhood. People in their 20's
edit post

Old 08-04-2014, 04:04 PM

3,615 posts, read 7,783,568 times
I think (buy/rent) should be added to the 7 questions, like the following:

1. Budget (buy/rent?)
2. House/Condo/Townhome?
3. Employment Status(commute/work from home)
4. Children(public school vs. private)
5. Suburban or Urban lifestyle preference or a mix of the two
6. Easy access to public transit, important or not?
7. Preferable demographics of desired neighborhood.

Old 08-08-2014, 07:09 AM

1 posts, read 2,095 times
Default Moving to Atlanta, GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLHRLGUY View Post
Sticky?!?! If something similar is already posted...sorry.

Helpful Tip,
For all of those about to move or thinking about moving to the Atlanta metro area, in order for us to better assist you and for you to get more responses please provide us with as much of the following information as possible in your initial post please:

1. Budget
2. House/Condo/Townhome?

These are just a few off the top of my head, feel free to add more.
1. A range &150-220,000 budget.
2. Single family house with 4 bedooms (single father with three teenagers in school ages)
3. Work and stay in Augusta area during the week, come home in the weekend
4. One will be in college next year (GT), next two will be down from RI in 3-4yrs (one in college Gt and one still be in high school)
5. Either suburban or urban or the mix of the two, prefer quiet neighborhood, less than 1/2hr driving from downtown Atlanta (sons going to GT)
6. Public transpotation is optional but not required
7. Desired nice and quiet neighborhood, upper middle working class

Old 08-17-2014, 07:55 AM

4 posts, read 6,564 times
Quote:
1. Budget
2. House/Condo/Townhome?
My girlfriend and I currently live in Jonesboro and are looking to move ITP somewhere between here and downtown since I got a new job in downtown. I'm a little worried my commute will be too hellish. Her commute will increase since she works in Jonesboro but she's okay with that since she will be going south.

Our budget is $800-900 or below for a 1 bed 1 bath minimum. Preferred 2 bed 1 bath (we pay $550 now). We are open to any type of house/condo/townhouse/apartment. We are only 23, so no children. We are used to renting, but would consider buying as well. Suburban/urban, whichever. Access to public transit would be nice but is not required. The demographics of the neighborhoods is what we are having a problem with. It seems like everything in between Jonesboro and downtown is sketchier than we are used to here. Some places we've looked into are Hapeville and some nicer parts of College Park. I'm really unfamiliar with the area since I grew up in middle GA. She is too since she grew up in Lawerenceville.

Thanks for any advice everyone!

Old 09-04-2014, 05:37 AM

1 posts, read 1,717 times
Default Moving to Atlanta

Quote:

Helpful Tip,
For all of those about to move or thinking about moving to the Atlanta metro area, in order for us to better assist you and for you to get more responses please provide us with as much of the following information as possible in your initial post please:

1. Budget
2. House/Condo/Townhome?

1. $250k
2. House
3. Commute downtown
4. Homeschool
5. Suburban
6. Not important
7. Young families

Thanks!

Old 09-06-2014, 05:20 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,718,158 times
Quote:
1. Budget
2. House/Condo/Townhome?
1. $300K
2. Condo (but preferably a condo community with detached single family homes)
3. Commute to Alpharetta
4. Long past that
5. Suburban
6. Not
7. Liberal pre-retirees

The most obvious challenge for us, in considering a move, is the change in social perspective, so pointers to the personal stories of folks who share our social perspective who have moved from the bluest of blue to the area around Alpharetta would be greatly appreciated.

Old 09-11-2014, 05:29 AM

1 posts, read 11,066 times
Default Please help!

Quote:

Helpful Tip,

1. Budget
2. House/Condo/Townhome?

My family and I are considering a move to the Atlanta in the near future. We currently live in Louisville but are transplants from Chicago. Louisville is not for us any more. I will not elaborate on the million reasons why but will say that we are very motivated to get out! But here's a break down of what we are looking for.

Budget - We have a budget of $2 Million. In saying that we would like to have outdoor space e.i. At least 2 acres.

House/Condo - Obviously we are looking for a house. We work from home. We would like to be to be in the suburbs.

Schools - We need advice on private schools.

We would like to be in close proximity to shops and restaurants and hospitals.

Thanks so much and we look forward to hearing from you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta