Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2014, 02:56 PM

3 posts, read 6,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLHRLGUY View Post
Sticky?!?! If something similar is already posted...sorry.

Helpful Tip,
For all of those about to move or thinking about moving to the Atlanta metro area, in order for us to better assist you and for you to get more responses please provide us with as much of the following information as possible in your initial post please:

1. Budget/700 to 900
2. House/Condo/Townhome?/ Apartment/ townhouse
3. Employment Status(commute/work from home) I'm a truck driver
4. Children(public school vs. private) / no children
5. Suburban or Urban lifestyle preference or a mix of the two/ suburbs
6. Easy access to public transit, important or not?/ not important
7. Preferable demographics of desired neighborhood./ somewhere safe

These are just a few off the top of my head, feel free to add more.
Im a 39 year-old black man I'm single.trying to move there between June/July just trying to find an apartment before I get there. Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2014, 12:53 PM

3 posts, read 4,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aamu_97 View Post
Greetings,

I am relocating to Duluth in a couple of weeks to work. I have responded (submitted my info) to several ads for rental houses and townhomes in Duluth/Suwanee areas. I have requested info on at least 20 properties. Out of 20 inquiries, I have received 1.....I repeat..........1 call back.

This realtor told me that realtors will not return calls and I am inclined to believe her. I am African-American and I grew up in Bama so I have very thick skin, however her questions and condescending tone right off the back about credit, income, etc were offensive to me.

For the record, I am an engineer with several years of experience and a 6fig salary.

I am just looking for a nice, modern, safe place to walk/run with my dogs, close to shopping, and no longer than a 20 minute drive from work.

1. Budget-</=1300; I cant see paying more than that on something other than my own mortgage (maybe in 1 or 2 years of finding my way around the area)
2. House/Condo/Townhome? doesn't matter
3. Employment Status(commute/work from home)-commute, preferably less than 20mins
4. Children(public school vs. private)-No kids
5. Suburban or Urban lifestyle preference or a mix of the two-mix
6. Easy access to public transit, important or not? Not important
7. Preferable demographics of desired neighborhood. I do not care about demographics...never had to worry about certain people moving to an area based on the color of one's skin in the Midwest, Southwest, and Northeast.
Have you moved yet? I am a real estate agent and live in Duluth. I absolutely love it. I am minutes from McDaniel Farm Park, which is great for active lifestyles and dog owners.

I'd love an update on what area you chose and I am available if you have any questions. I am very familiar with the area!

Good luck!

Old 03-30-2014, 10:32 PM

12 posts, read 13,532 times
Ok help please. Single mom of one, transferring jobs, my job is a franchise with different locations throughout Georgia. Anywho its my choice which part of Georgia I would like to move, I just haven't decided yet. So here's what I'm looking for; 3 bedroom, 2 bath home, for rent. Decent neighborhood, with families of all varieties. No more than 750 monthly, public elementary school, more of a country or suburban setting for the neighborhood. However no more than 45 mins from the city or Atlanta. If you have any info, I would really appreciate it.

Old 04-02-2014, 05:29 PM

1 posts, read 2,094 times
Appreciate any help, because this has come up quick for us. We are in NJ. Wife and I have gradeschool aged boys. I've heard good things about Johns Creek and Alpharetta. School and area are VERY important. We'd like a house that isn't on a postage stamp lot. Please let me know your thoughts!

1. Budget: $400k plus
2. House/Condo/Townhome? House WITH good sized yard
3. Employment Status(commute/work from home) Commute to Alpharetta
4. Children(public school vs. private): Public ok but MUST be really top notch (Johns Creek?)
5. Suburban or Urban lifestyle preference or a mix of the two: suburb
6. Easy access to public transit, important or not? N/A
7. Preferable demographics of desired neighborhood. Would love a community with pool and/or country club

Old 04-03-2014, 01:44 AM

1 posts, read 2,086 times
I have friends in Johns Creek and they are very happy with the area, schoools. Many communities that fit your request.
Commute to Alpharetta would not be bad.

Old 04-11-2014, 09:20 AM

2 posts, read 2,665 times
My wife and I are looking at relocating to the Atlanta Areathis summer from Boston. I will be transferringto one of my companies offices in the Dunwoody area. My wife will be looking for an elementaryteaching position in the area. Anyadvice that anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated. She has her masters in Elementary Educationwith a certificate in Special Ed.

Old 04-14-2014, 11:47 AM

91 posts, read 152,245 times
We are relocating from Chicago possibly. Young family with two kids under age 4. Want at least 3 bedrooms, preferably 4. Fairly liberal (or moderately liberal, haha). Would love great schools, Price range under 550K. Want area farmers markets, good restaurants, shopping, etc bonus with walkability if that is possible in ATL, access to MARTA for husbnd to go to airport once a week, commutable to Tucker, GA.

Old 04-16-2014, 06:11 PM

2 posts, read 3,158 times
Default relocating to duluth/.suwanee area

I am relocating to Duluth/Suwanee area in the middle of May. Any suggestions of apartments which can provide enough safety are appreciated. We also would like to live areas within 5-mins drive to I-85.

1. Budget
rent for 2 bedrooms/2 bathrooms apartment under 1400.
2. House/Condo/Townhome?
Apartment or Townhouse.
3. Employment Status(commute/work from home)
Commute to duluth
4. Children(public school vs. private)
1.5 years old son that needs daycare. So I guess public or private does not matter
5. Suburban or Urban lifestyle preference or a mix of the two
Neutral as long as supermarkets are at short-distances
6. Easy access to public transit, important or not?
Not important
7. Preferable demographics of desired neighborhood.
Suwanee, near I-85 area, or any decent and safe neighborhood. I am still in California so I do not have an actual feeling about the crime rate in the area.

I really appreciate any suggestions or ideas about any communities. As I read the reviews online, no communities are perfect. All of them seem to have more or less management issues or security issues.

Old 04-22-2014, 01:21 PM

4 posts, read 5,250 times
My fiance and I are moving from Maryland to GA. Looking for a house in a good neighborhood close to downtown atlanta.

1. Budget: $1500< a month. We have seen a lot of houses and dont see why we need to pay more than 1500 for something nice, especially to rent something for a year or two
2. House/Condo/Townhome? House
3. Employment Status(commute/work from home) commute to downtown atlanta
4. Children(public school vs. private): Baby on the way (need to find an inexpensive daycare, thus not trying to spend 1500+ for house)
5. Suburban or Urban lifestyle preference or a mix of the two: Mix. he wants to be close to city. I dont mind commuting to work but dont want to be in traffic all day. Takes me less than 30 mins to get from home to work now, I like that commute.
6. Easy access to public transit, important or not? Yes
7. Preferable demographics of desired neighborhood. Would love a community that is close to shops, entertainment, dinning (preggers), family oriented

Thank you for helping!!!

Old 04-30-2014, 10:06 AM

1 posts, read 2,623 times
Ok...here goes! My husband and I are planning to move to Atlanta within a few months (no later than August). We have no family there..only a couple of friends/classmates. Why are we moving you ask? My husband is a music engineer, and he's made a few contacts there and is hoping to have better opportunities with his music. He works in Marketing full-time now and I am a banker here at a local bank. We have an 11 year old son and a 17 year old so schools are very important to us. We both are looking for full-time work in our fields. We are looking to rent a home just outside of the city, but we are not certain as to what areas are considered "good" areas. Any advice on neighborhoods & schools systems?

Budget - Approx. $1500/mo.

We both have good cars so transportation is not an issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta