Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2009, 02:54 PM

550 posts, read 1,638,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
Yea its just too bad that the ones that choose to be selfish in their choices are often the ones that end up in their late 40s wondering why they don't have a man. There are a boatload of sistas at my job in their 40s that are still single and have no kids and wonder why. You can be as picky as you want, but just know that life isn't going to stop and wait on you to find what you're looking for either... especially when your expectations aren't realistic to begin with. And most of them will end up either settling or growing old alone anyways so... if you ask them was it worth it what percentage will say yes?

I understand wanting to date someone on your financial level but im not ashamed AT ALL to say my old lady came from a higher level of life than I did. Thing about it is seeing how successful she was made me want to better myself and within the next year we will be on the same level. But she will be the first to tell you that wasn't her reason for choosing to be with me in the first place. Sometimes refusing to think outside of the box doesn't work in your favor and unfortunately a lot of the sistas hitting their mid to late 30s here are just now beginning to realize that.
I am just typing what I'm thinking here, someone tell me if this makes any sense or rings true...

To be successful in the life most of us need the support and encouragement of others. Women often have the support and encouragement of "the sisterhood" when they are going through school, making career plans and setting career goals. Men? ::shrug::

I actually don't know many men who have the type of relationships with their male friends which result in encouraging and supporting one another to the same degree women often support and encourage one another. I think often the woman in a man's life serves as his one significant source of encouragement and support.

A wise woman knows how to recognize the POTENTIAL in a man, and then she will support him and encourage him as he learns how to reach for his dreams... Brownhornet, it sounds to me like you've found a wise woman.

There is a significant difference between trying to make a man into who you want him to be and being there to encourage a man to reach for his dreams. Don't try to fit a man into your mold, into your ideas of what he ought to be doing with his life. Listen to him and love him and encourage him and support him... while he is doing the same for you.

Any woman who is looking for a man who has his act all ready for prime time is overlooking the opportunity to work beside a man so that the two of you can build your dreams together.

At the same time, a wise man must recognize the wisdom of two heads being better than one and must be willing to take his woman's suggestions and guidance into consideration.

Old 05-28-2009, 05:14 AM

4,586 posts, read 7,717,270 times
[SIZE=5]StPaulEastSider[/SIZE]
befriend
StPaulEastSider, wonderful post...

Old 06-03-2009, 11:52 AM

5 posts, read 11,724 times
This conversation is really interesting.lol..I'm from Ketucky interning with a fortune 100 company down here in ATL for the summer and it is amazing..I am a straight african american male and to see so many sucessful African American feels really good cus its not like that in Kentucky..I'm also single and my moms def warned me to look out for the ATL females cus alot of them are jus gold diggers and looking for a sucessful man to milk...lol

Old 06-05-2009, 05:35 AM

46 posts, read 233,001 times
To the OP:
I would really like to read your definition of 'successful'. The standards that you have in mind for the man you'd like to meet in Atlanta....do YOU meet those standards? Are YOU 'successful'?

It really saddens me that so many women (of all races) are so hell bent on trying to 'find' that elusive 'successful' man. Why not put that energy into improving YOU and becoming more successful YOURSELF? So many women have this idea of the type of man they want, but those very same women meet almost none of the criteria set forth for a potential mate - themselves, so why in the heck would a 'successful' man want YOU?

If the OP is as successful as she wants her future man to be, then you just keep on living your 'successful' life and traveling in circles with your 'successful' colleagues and friends, and by golly...you WILL meet and attract that 'successful' man whom you desire.

Old 06-12-2009, 11:43 AM

3,573 posts, read 5,314,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by km08 View Post
To the OP:
I would really like to read your definition of 'successful'. The standards that you have in mind for the man you'd like to meet in Atlanta....do YOU meet those standards? Are YOU 'successful'?

It really saddens me that so many women (of all races) are so hell bent on trying to 'find' that elusive 'successful' man. Why not put that energy into improving YOU and becoming more successful YOURSELF? So many women have this idea of the type of man they want, but those very same women meet almost none of the criteria set forth for a potential mate - themselves, so why in the heck would a 'successful' man want YOU?

If the OP is as successful as she wants her future man to be, then you just keep on living your 'successful' life and traveling in circles with your 'successful' colleagues and friends, and by golly...you WILL meet and attract that 'successful' man whom you desire.
Even better, if you see a man who is upwardly mobile like you are and is struggling, why not partner up at the lower level and build each other up at the higher level? I said this before and I will say it again, too many women in this country these days want the bountiful harvest when they weren't willing to get down and dirty and plant the seeds.

The best things in life aren't free. You gonna have to put in some work at point. That means smiling a bit more, maybe initiate a conversation in neutral setting like a grocery store, and also being very gracious when a man holds the door for you. These things are so simple and yet so many women cannot comprehend the thought of putting themselves out there like that.

Tragic...

Old 06-12-2009, 07:07 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,428,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
Even better, if you see a man who is upwardly mobile like you are and is struggling, why not partner up at the lower level and build each other up at the higher level? I said this before and I will say it again, too many women in this country these days want the bountiful harvest when they weren't willing to get down and dirty and plant the seeds.

The best things in life aren't free. You gonna have to put in some work at point. That means smiling a bit more, maybe initiate a conversation in neutral setting like a grocery store, and also being very gracious when a man holds the door for you. These things are so simple and yet so many women cannot comprehend the thought of putting themselves out there like that.

Tragic...
Preach the truth!! You are on point!!

Old 06-14-2009, 12:14 AM

325 posts, read 980,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post

Tragic...
AcidSnake,
Im not sure whats going on, but your post have been ON IT as of lately....lol...I agree totally!

Old 06-14-2009, 08:41 AM

3,573 posts, read 5,314,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreda30238 View Post
AcidSnake,
Im not sure whats going on, but your post have been ON IT as of lately....lol...I agree totally!
Don't worry, I may tick you off again at some point in the future. The "acid" burns everyone regardless of who they are and the "snake" will bite whether or not it's provoked.

Old 06-15-2009, 05:45 AM

371 posts, read 1,556,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigprince1087 View Post
This conversation is really interesting.lol..I'm from Ketucky interning with a fortune 100 company down here in ATL for the summer and it is amazing..I am a straight african american male and to see so many sucessful African American feels really good cus its not like that in Kentucky..I'm also single and my moms def warned me to look out for the ATL females cus alot of them are jus gold diggers and looking for a sucessful man to milk...lol
You will be safe then.

Old 06-15-2009, 09:32 AM

1,365 posts, read 2,837,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth25 View Post
when I see thugs or undercover thugs, I keep walking because I have friends who dated thugs with two or three baby mama's . I don't know why that is cute when your over 25, I just don't get It they need to get off the corner lol.
Wouldn't be so quick to write off the thugs if i were you. Some of them dudes probably posess certain skills that the white collar pretty boys don't have, if you know what i mean . JUST KIDDING. No but seriously, who some people may think is a thug (just because he is wearing street clothes) may actually be a hard working gentleman who's made an honest living and knows how to treat women. Trust me on this one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta