Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 01:43 PM

88 posts, read 368,107 times

Advertisements

in a man's mind... the word platonic doesnt exist... im only being real!

Old 08-07-2009, 03:42 PM

416 posts, read 1,091,571 times
Thumbs down Blaming promiscuity on SLAVERY ?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMcCoySays View Post
Christ does not disapprove of the way blacks are living any more than he disapproves of the lives of whites, latinos, asians, or anyone else. And I wouldn't call most black Christians hypocrites. "Backsliders" is more like it.

And while The White Man cannot be solely blamed for the state of black America, he most definitely played his part. I've heard more than once that we black men have that player mentality because of biological reasons. We've been "programmed" to go from woman to woman ever since slavery when we were stolen from our wives and children and were forced to breed with other women.
Give me a BREAK ! ! ! ! You are blaming the 'white man' and slavery from 200 years ago for present day promiscuity ???!?!?!?!
You know, . . . the promiscuity, . . . that is so glorified in rap, hip-hop and other 'entertainment genres' ! ! !
Come ON ! ! !
Every individual CHOOSES how they live !

Old 08-07-2009, 07:42 PM

642 posts, read 2,221,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncprincess View Post
I am new to the atlanta area and want to know if there are any brothers out there who simply just want a platonic relationship with a beautiful woman?
If you are looking for a strictly platonic relationship why bring up the fact that you consider yourself beautiful. If that's what your looking for shouldn't you be more focused on the qualities that might make you a good friend, just as you want this man to do?

Old 08-07-2009, 08:43 PM

217 posts, read 409,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doncorleyone View Post
in a man's mind... the word platonic doesnt exist... im only being real!
Oh, please. I'm friends with dozens of men who have no interest in me in any other way, nor I in them. Or, wait...maybe it's because I'm not "beautiful."

Old 08-08-2009, 07:41 PM

2,390 posts, read 4,410,575 times
I have plenty of female friends that I dont try like that. I wont go so far as to blame slavery, but I do get sick of people dismissing it as if it had no lasting effects. Look up the original term of the word mandingo... the men that were intentionally used solely for breeding purposes to create "stronger" workers.

I wont go into the christian angle because then id be forced to say I dont understand why anyone of african descent practices it. But I know where thatll end up...

Old 08-09-2009, 03:32 AM

371 posts, read 1,556,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
I have plenty of female friends that I dont try like that. I wont go so far as to blame slavery, but I do get sick of people dismissing it as if it had no lasting effects. Look up the original term of the word mandingo... the men that were intentionally used solely for breeding purposes to create "stronger" workers.

I wont go into the christian angle because then id be forced to say I dont understand why anyone of african descent practices it. But I know where thatll end up...
The white slave owner who took the family to church every Sunday and was said to be a good Christian, yet whipped his slaves mercilessly because he did not consider them any more than chattel, is and was not an indication of Christianity, the fact is that he was not a good Christian, in fact he and his peers and their families were not Christians at all, they were people pretending to be something to avoid the guilt of their thoroughly scandalous existence. Religion has always and will always be used by some to hide a reprehensible life but the people will still be scum, you can put a fine dress on a pig but it will never be more than a pig in a dress, it does not make the dress any less fine or the pig any less of a pig.

Old 08-09-2009, 12:59 PM

178 posts, read 618,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth25 View Post
I'm moving from Oregon, there is a small amount of black ppl here. I'm looking for an area where there is single successful black men. I heard there are a lot in Atlanta.
Can you be more prejudice for us?

Old 08-09-2009, 10:21 PM

109 posts, read 192,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britishintown View Post
The white slave owner who took the family to church every Sunday and was said to be a good Christian, yet whipped his slaves mercilessly because he did not consider them any more than chattel, is and was not an indication of Christianity, the fact is that he was not a good Christian, in fact he and his peers and their families were not Christians at all, they were people pretending to be something to avoid the guilt of their thoroughly scandalous existence. Religion has always and will always be used by some to hide a reprehensible life but the people will still be scum, you can put a fine dress on a pig but it will never be more than a pig in a dress, it does not make the dress any less fine or the pig any less of a pig.
How can one say a slave master was not a good Christian when slavery is clearly acceptable in the Bible?

Old 08-10-2009, 12:01 AM

2,390 posts, read 4,410,575 times
Yea... and isnt it a coincidence that "christian" whites that practiced slavery are the same ones that practically forced their religion on all the slaves? Almost as big a coincidence that the person described as jesus in the bible looks absolutely nothing like the typical long hair blue eye jesus picture in every church I guess... Throughout history do a little research on what religion was behind most of the wars and slaughters of other human beings and see what you find.

Slavery was "in the bible" so it was ok... does that include the millions of slaves that died in the middle passage? You know... the same middle passage that never made its way into American history books but of course they never let you forget about the holocaust since it was the Germans at fault and not the great pilgrims.

I could go on for days on this one.

Old 08-10-2009, 04:36 AM

371 posts, read 1,556,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karrobe View Post
How can one say a slave master was not a good Christian when slavery is clearly acceptable in the Bible?
It was a cultural norm certainly, but mistreatment was not acceptable in any way and is spoken out against in both the old and new testaments. The NT makes it clear that both slave and free men of all nations are equal in the eyes of God, so the man who mistreated his slaves certainly could not call himself a Christian. I was commenting on the treatment of slaves not the keeping of slaves. The biggest difference between the western and eastern concept of slavery is that in the east, slaves were generally of the same race as their masters, and were sold into servitude by their families or by themselves for a term of six years, they were treated well and paid, fed and housed, but unlike an employee they were not free to leave anytime they chose and the master had the right to deny them marriage etc..., however after six years they were freed unless they chose to remain slaves/servants, if they did so then they did so for life.

In the west, slaves were bought most often in Africa from warlords who took them captive from other tribes in battle, the moment the white traders owned them, the abuse started, half died in transit, malnourished, lacking sanitary conditions and confined into spaces hardly big enough to even turn around in, taken thousands of miles from home, most likely many were completely mad with severe PTSD by the time they arrived in the americas. Then they were bought by all and sundry, they did not speak the language and most often were considered to be animals rather than people and treated as such. A few were treated well but it does not excuse the fact that they were obtained by supporting the inhumane methods used to get them there in the first place.

Everyone who bought a slave from the traders were directly responsible for the death of one in transit and that blood remained on their hands and anyone today who says their family kept 100 slaves and treat them all well would do well to remember that despite that good treatment, the family is responsible for the death of 100 men, women and children.

If you wish to discuss the morality of the bible then you need both context and knowledge, one line statements will not get you anywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta