Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2009, 06:47 AM

550 posts, read 1,639,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreda30238 View Post
Wow...are yall serious? Your getting bent out of shape of 2-3$ for gas? If thats the case, you don't need to be taking women out and SAVE your money so that you don't have to get bent out of shape over 2-3$ for gas..lol Remarks like these lets me know that chivalry is slowly dying..lol

He's stingy with his money... he tries to play off that he's not stingy by listing all that he pays for, but does he GLADLY pay for any of this? I think not, the fact he's keep track of the cost of gas to go out to her house to see her and spend time with her PROVES the fact "he's stingy"!

If you cannot afford to wine and dine her on a grand scale, then scale back the date and MAKE IT REAL. Most women want a guy who is responsible with his money and understands how to set limits... that's cool.

But don't wine and dine her and also ask her to chip in a few buck for gas... seriously dude, that's not being "responsible" with your money.... that's making yourself look pathetically stingy or like someone who cannot set a realistic budget. Really, if you don't NEED the three bucks for gas, we are you groveling about it? Methinks you're living on the "edge" ... constantly living on the "edge", while trying to play off that you can afford to do the wine and dine thing, is not something women find attractive. Trust me on this one.

++++

Errr... let me partially take this back... Acidsnake is apparently still a student... in that case, I really think it's fair, assuming he's dating another student, to go 50/50 most of the time.... but make the date 50/50.

Don't drivel over a couple of bucks in gas money. Don't ask her for $20 to put directly in your gas tank... this feels too much like she's supporting your ass & that ain't ever right.

Last edited by StPaulEastSider; 04-28-2009 at 06:59 AM..

Old 04-28-2009, 07:44 AM

325 posts, read 980,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StPaulEastSider View Post
He's stingy with his money... he tries to play off that he's not stingy by listing all that he pays for, but does he GLADLY pay for any of this? I think not, the fact he's keep track of the cost of gas to go out to her house to see her and spend time with her PROVES the fact "he's stingy"!

If you cannot afford to wine and dine her on a grand scale, then scale back the date and MAKE IT REAL. Most women want a guy who is responsible with his money and understands how to set limits... that's cool.

But don't wine and dine her and also ask her to chip in a few buck for gas... seriously dude, that's not being "responsible" with your money.... that's making yourself look pathetically stingy or like someone who cannot set a realistic budget. Really, if you don't NEED the three bucks for gas, we are you groveling about it? Methinks you're living on the "edge" ... constantly living on the "edge", while trying to play off that you can afford to do the wine and dine thing, is not something women find attractive. Trust me on this one.

++++

Errr... let me partially take this back... Acidsnake is apparently still a student... in that case, I really think it's fair, assuming he's dating another student, to go 50/50 most of the time.... but make the date 50/50.

Don't drivel over a couple of bucks in gas money. Don't ask her for $20 to put directly in your gas tank... this feels too much like she's supporting your ass & that ain't ever right.
I totally agree...scale back..instead of driving, take Marta (its smarta..lol), do something that involves little money like a walk through Inman Park, or going to a little inexpensive eatery...it's not how much you spend, its the thought you put into the date....

Old 04-28-2009, 11:28 AM

4,586 posts, read 7,720,053 times

Old 04-28-2009, 04:16 PM

1,104 posts, read 1,524,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RZaakir View Post
I've dated several women who live OTP and had no problem coming to me for pretty much every date. This is partially because there is way more to do intown date-wise than in the 'burbs.

Old 04-28-2009, 08:06 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,429,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StPaulEastSider View Post

++++

While your point is valid, I think he was kidding. It would be senseless to cry about gas and spend hundreds on dinner and a movies (or a play), etc. That would be too funny and counterproductive.

jeffreda
Another point, as Dave Chapelle said it best. "Chivalry is dead, cause women killed it"

Old 04-28-2009, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterNY View Post
While your point is valid, I think he was kidding. It would be senseless to cry about gas and spend hundreds on dinner and a movies (or a play), etc. That would be too funny and counterproductive.

jeffreda
Another point, as Dave Chapelle said it best. "Chivalry is dead, cause women killed it"
I won't dispute that....but, sorry men have contributed to the complacency of women...... hence, why they lowere their expectations...

Old 04-29-2009, 09:05 AM

2,685 posts, read 6,429,879 times
Quote:
I won't dispute that....but, sorry men have contributed to the complacency of women...... hence, why they lowere their expectations...
Very true.

Old 04-29-2009, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Define "sorry men" please.

Old 04-29-2009, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolyfett View Post
Define "sorry men" please.
It's relative...a sorry man, is one that refuses to be a man...plain and simple. No need to get specific, because being vague is good enough. Hope that makes sense.

Old 04-30-2009, 04:55 PM

Quote:
It's relative...a sorry man, is one that refuses to be a man...plain and simple. No need to get specific, because being vague is good enough. Hope that makes sense.
So in other words you have no definition? Or was that a jab at the homosexual community. Clarify for us please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta