Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 12:26 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,711,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolyfett View Post
Yes, you are too picky and most of you ladies WANT TOO MUCH, want want want want want. Living in Atlanta as ANY black man is like being a mouse in a cheese factory with no cats around. Removing panties has never been easier. You gals should change your priorities, look for a good man with family values and not "successful" man. A woman worst enemy is her mouth and the more you talk, the more wolves like me listen. Keep yelling what you want, keeping putting all your cards on the table. This process will not get you a "successful" man, what it will get you is notch on the next man's resume. All that schooling and degrees and some of you broads will never figure it out. You'll walk right pass the good guy to chat it up with Coolyfett. That good guy is just like your father and brothers, but you want a "successful" man. Us Wolves and Snakes are in the clubs and bars waiting. No lie.

Tell the truth....

Quote:
You gals should change your priorities, look for a good man with family values and not "successful" man.

That good guy is just like your father and brothers, but you want a "successful" man.
Exactly....

Last edited by PKCorey; 04-20-2009 at 12:52 PM..

Old 04-20-2009, 12:38 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,424,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoslynHolcomb View Post
Sure I'm going to read a book written by a man who has been divorced twice and cheated on all his wives. Not surprised that he would come highly recommended. Predators have their own patron saints, after all.

I would hope that the male responses on this thread has given the OP an object lesson of the type of misogynist hatred that is so prevalent here and she'll avoid this city as though the very hounds of hell are after her. The gloating over the notion that you have somehow got one up on my black women is quite sickening.

Sure, it's easy for you to rag on him since you are hiding behind your computer. I give him more respect for having the courage to do what he is doing, while you seem to have a perspective of hatred towards men period. We all know who the lonely miserable ones are. Many women that I know, who are reading his book rave over it and wished someone wrote it sooner. Read it before you judge it and him for that matter.

To be clear, the few men here do not represent all men, so your statement of Atlanta and its black men is shallow, at best.

I wish the OP plenty of success in her endeavours, and hope she finds happiness beyond materialism and societal fabrications of what success is. It's a subjective issue, so your points are moot to a certain extent.

At this point, reading any blog from a one-sided person filled with hatred/disdain for the opposite sex is pointless (especially for women to read about it. It does nothing more than reinforce feelings of tug of war in a relationship with men).

Old 04-20-2009, 12:43 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,711,684 times
Quote:
I would hope that the male responses on this thread has given the OP an object lesson of the type of misogynist hatred that is so prevalent here and she'll avoid this city as though the very hounds of hell are after her. The gloating over the notion that you have somehow got one up on my black women is quite sickening.

The same can be said of her initial post...

Women only after our pockets...

Last edited by PKCorey; 04-20-2009 at 12:53 PM..

Old 04-20-2009, 12:43 PM

2,047 posts, read 4,620,764 times
Quote:
It does nothing more than reinforce feelings of tug of war in a relationship with men
Clearly you don't read your own posts. The gloating and arrogance that you proudly claim make it clear who has declared war. Any woman who would take your advice on anything would be a bloody fool. You have nothing but disdain for women and it comes out loud and clear.

Old 04-20-2009, 01:12 PM

1,104 posts, read 1,522,605 times
I thought the phrase was the "Truth Hurts" not the "Truth is Sickening" Why do you keep saying "Hatred"?? I don't think any brothas hate black women. You sure are taking many of these post personally Roslyn. I mean you have blogs about men? That is comical.

As for Steve Harvey man I have seen a few ladies at the gig reading that book he wrote. Personally I think dude is a self right lame, his opinions on the youth are way too strong. Plus dude is not that funny to me. He jacks a lot of material from Richard Pryor and Bill Cosby jmo.

Roslyn....there is a full proof way to get what you want from men. Hold Out!........Ive told my sisters and aunties this same thing. The longer a man waits or earns it, the better our behavior. Holding Out works wonders. Wolves love the chase. If I meet you Monday and slay you Thursday (which happens a lot here) don't get mad when I don't want to be your boyfriend Friday. Roslyn if you only understood the desperation in this city from women here as a man how could I not enjoy myself? Don't get mad at the fisherman because the fish are jumping in the boat sweetie. You saying that we hate black women is like saying a fisherman hates all the fish. How can one hate what they love having?

Old 04-20-2009, 01:12 PM

1,191 posts, read 1,585,042 times
I don't see MistNY's post as being misogonistic. There is a bit of an arrogant tone, but he admitted that. I do think his overall point is valid. There are many women who have laundry lists of requirements for the men they are pursuing and often times can not articulate how the man would benefit from being with her.

It is obvious from my profile that I do not live in Atlanta. However, I know quite few people who left California to set up shop down there. This is one of the topics that always comes up when I talk to them.

My suggestion to the OP is if you have a career advancement opp in Atlanta then go for that reason. Don't go for the expressed purpose of finding a mate. Usually, the things that hinder a person from meeting the right person are internal. IMO, a change of locale rarely makes a difference. Just work on yourself.

And for the record, talking to men about relationships is needed for women. Somehow we got the notion that women don't need to work to understand men. That's a lie. Just as women have changed over the last 40 years, so to have men.

Old 04-20-2009, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Clearly you don't read your own posts. The gloating and arrogance that you proudly claim make it clear who has declared war. Any woman who would take your advice on anything would be a bloody fool. You have nothing but disdain for women and it comes out loud and clear.
I love women, especially black women. You failed to understand or read that what bothers me is not the women. (If that were the case, I'd be gay. ) What bothers me is women that have no goals for themselves or lazy, yet want rich, "successful", articulate black men when they themselves don't bring much, if anything to the table. That's what you failed to understand (with your emotional mishandling of this thread, I can see where you'd skip the details ...to your advantage, of course)

Yes, the odds are in our favor, so what? There's no lie about it. It's obvious, since it is the ladies who are coming here asking for men, and not the other way around. You will see more shows, articles, movies about black women looking for black men than the other way around. Black men have it their way in this point in time. Most intelligent, well raised, and educated single black men have that advantage over the black women, and you know it. The black women outnumber black men, so black men are the ones with the upper hand when it comes to picking what they want. I see it day in, day out. You can't say otherwise, cause you know it's true.

This is not about war my dear, it's about the sad reality that some good black women have to deal with. The pickings are slim. Is that what bothers you so much?
Am I wrong now? ...I think not!!

Let's be real, it is not easy for educated black women to get what they want, because many of them do not define what a good man is on their own terms, but from what is made up on television and in magazines, or sometimes what their misguided friends yap all day about.

Let those who dont figure things out sooner, stay out in the cold longer.

Let them get their fair share of thug loving and disappointments, and they'll soon learn that, the black young, not so tall or great looking, guy next door, who owns his plumbing business is just as if not more ambitious than her (who may work for some corporation, and does not have her own business). He may come home with grease under his fingernails, but it's an honest day's work, and he's doing it on his own. He defines his own success, not by the Bentley or the palace that's about to be foreclosed on (that were purchased to reel in shallow women looking for success and money to begin with).

Read that and tell me where I'm getting at is wrong. You fail to see a point, and label an entire city and its black men because your inference to what was said is still not clear in your own mind.

Old 04-20-2009, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude1 View Post
I don't see MistNY's post as being misogonistic. There is a bit of an arrogant tone, but he admitted that. I do think his overall point is valid. There are many women who have laundry lists of requirements for the men they are pursuing and often times can not articulate how the man would benefit from being with her.

It is obvious from my profile that I do not live in Atlanta. However, I know quite few people who left California to set up shop down there. This is one of the topics that always comes up when I talk to them.

My suggestion to the OP is if you have a career advancement opp in Atlanta then go for that reason. Don't go for the expressed purpose of finding a mate. Usually, the things that hinder a person from meeting the right person are internal. IMO, a change of locale rarely makes a difference. Just work on yourself.

And for the record, talking to men about relationships is needed for women. Somehow we got the notion that women don't need to work to understand men. That's a lie. Just as women have changed over the last 40 years, so to have men.
Thank you Sir, I agree wholeheartedly. Very well said.

Old 04-20-2009, 01:27 PM

1,104 posts, read 1,522,605 times
Quote:
Umm Roslyn I think you confused him for me. I'm the only womaniser on this forum that I know of.

Roslyn how much do you weigh anyway? You are not one of those lonely fat chicks from Decatur are you? If so, be patient winter will come back again and your kind will be in style. Be patient not angry.

Old 04-20-2009, 01:30 PM

22 posts, read 57,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolyfett View Post
Umm Roslyn I think you confused him for me. I'm the only womaniser on this forum that I know of.

Roslyn how much do you weigh anyway? You are not one of those lonely fat chicks from Decatur are you? If so, be patient winter will come back again and your kind will be in style. Be patient not angry.
omg cooly....be good....lmao!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta