Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 12:52 PM

3,573 posts, read 5,311,460 times

Advertisements

Convince local mid-size and large employers to totally revamp the hiring practices of their Human Resources Offices.

And also at least make a half-hearted attempt to pare down stranglehold of the good ol' boy culture in their respective offices.

It's the south, so I won't hold my beath on that one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2014, 01:08 PM

1,243 posts, read 1,378,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
You would love Texas.

They have access roads that really do make the freeways the destination, much more so than in Atlanta.
I'm not sure what you are saying. You clearly misinterpreted my statements. I didn't say having freeways as the destination was a GOOD thing. If Texas is like that, I most certainly wouldn't think highly of the design. Nothing I said is unique to Texas or Georgia. It's a national thing. I think that there needs to be a one mile buffer zone on either side of the freeway. Everything is being built too close to freeway interchanges and is the cause of vast congestion.

Old 06-07-2014, 01:18 PM

7,112 posts, read 10,136,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaIsHot View Post
I'm not sure what you are saying. You clearly misinterpreted my statements. I didn't say having freeways as the destination was a GOOD thing. If Texas is like that, I most certainly wouldn't think highly of the design. Nothing I said is unique to Texas or Georgia. It's a national thing. I think that there needs to be a one mile buffer zone on either side of the freeway. Everything is being built too close to freeway interchanges and is the cause of vast congestion.
A mile buffer zone? That's a lot.

Old 06-07-2014, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathmanMathman View Post
A mile buffer zone? That's a lot.
Perhaps... Like I said in my original post, I find flaws in the US highway building methods. I feel ramming freeways thru central cities was a mistake... I just feel freeways are being used as free-for-all development and cramming everything on exit ramps and on ramps is troublesome.

Old 06-07-2014, 05:29 PM

858 posts, read 1,385,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehoez View Post

If people stop texting and driving
Fortunately she appears to be taking evasive action by driving on the sidewalk.

Old 06-07-2014, 05:40 PM
bu2

24,107 posts, read 14,896,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaIsHot View Post

I was being facetious. The issue you mention is a lot bigger problem in Texas than it is here.

At one point the TXDOT was going to eliminate access roads on new construction, but they got too much flack from landowners who wanted good access.

Old 06-07-2014, 05:48 PM

32,027 posts, read 36,803,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erick295 View Post
Fortunately she appears to be taking evasive action by driving on the sidewalk.
Funny, erick (though all too realistic).

Old 06-08-2014, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
I was being facetious. The issue you mention is a lot bigger problem in Texas than it is here.

At one point the TXDOT was going to eliminate access roads on new construction, but they got too much flack from landowners who wanted good access.
Oooooh! Now I see... I can dish out sarcasm with the best of 'em, but am often confused by it when it's given to me... LOL

Of course what I am saying is a revolutionary change in pattern that will never happen. Nevertheless, I remain steadfast in my belief that the cramming of massive amounts of development near freeways is a major cause of congestion.

Old 06-08-2014, 10:25 AM

5,845 posts, read 6,160,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
new people, bus all the other people to arizona and bring in a totally new crop
Feel free to lead by example.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta