Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 11:13 PM

1,512 posts, read 8,172,011 times

Advertisements

If you had the power to change one thing about the city of Atlanta, what would it be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2007, 06:23 AM

1,025 posts, read 4,097,894 times
It would be the transit system.

Old 02-07-2007, 06:38 AM

985 posts, read 5,761,404 times
Agree completely. Atlanta MSA's traffic is getting worse and worse everyday since there are so many people move in. We need transit system fast.

Old 02-07-2007, 07:17 AM

1,088 posts, read 6,345,009 times
Honestly, as much as I complain about how suburban Atlanta is and how bad the transit system is, the one thing I would change is the weather. I know others disagree, but I would make it colder. We need some snow!

Old 02-07-2007, 08:36 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,502,804 times
Default the drivers themselves

Glad to have all the Newcomers but--'Please Slow Down'.

I generally don't like to 'Point Fingers' but repeatedly I notice that those from other states are lead footed.

We do not have enough $$ in any metro county/city to fund the size of LE forces that it would really take to keep the roads safe. Every tragic accident requires the services of fire/paramedics/LE--so that is one way that money is being 'Wasted'.

Just slow down.

Things seem to happen slowly around here--so many opinions yadayadayada.

No need to spend whatever time we have on this planet foolishly. jmo.

sls

Old 02-07-2007, 10:29 AM

1,755 posts, read 5,685,323 times
Getting rid of all they Yankee liberals who move down here. They come down here for a better cost of living, better way of life. Then call everyone who votes differently than them, 'dumb', undeducated. They call everyone racist, rednecks, slow thinkers, slow talkers, etc. I take offense everytime I see someone say something like this.

Seems to me we've been doing things pretty well, for a long time, to be such an attractive area to move to.

Old 02-07-2007, 10:31 AM

2,290 posts, read 5,548,781 times
I'd change the ease with which we segregate our neighborhoods and communities. Much, if not most of our current traffic and transit problems stem from our segregated housing patterns and the desire to keep them that way. I know I couldn't change hearts and minds, but I could change the actions that people take.

Old 02-07-2007, 10:40 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,502,804 times
Default hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt6974a View Post
Getting rid of all they Yankee liberals who move down here. They come down here for a better cost of living, better way of life. Then call everyone who votes differently than them, 'dumb', undeducated. They call everyone racist, rednecks, slow thinkers, slow talkers, etc. I take offense everytime I see someone say something like this.

Seems to me we've been doing things pretty well, for a long time, to be such an attractive area to move to.
I guess that it true in some areas. Haven't thought about Yankees much since the '96 Games.

I'm glad for anyone who wants to to move here--just please don't run over me...

Some very mean drivers in my area--whatever there poltical leanings.

LOL--on another board we were chatting about the Liberality of Atlanta. It is such a corporate city that I really don't notice much Liberality. Atlanta has its own 'culture'. Established as a center of commerce and that is just what the priority is here. Much good and much that needs to improve and rather quickly, too.

Now I will change my vote and say that all the 'Quarreling' futile arguing is what I most want to change.

sls

Old 02-07-2007, 01:07 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,104,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwarky View Post
If you had the power to change one thing about the city of Atlanta, what would it be?
I'd move it 500 miles north so I could visit my family in Minnesota a little more often. :-)

Old 02-07-2007, 04:11 PM

279 posts, read 472,995 times
They desperately need a commuter rail line. But as history has shown, people ignore the obvious until it is too late.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta