Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2011, 09:06 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,102,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackCobain View Post
And you know this how?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike7586 View Post
Yeah sorry, I don't agree with you at all.
It's easy.........people here don't dress as well as those other cities!!! Just look around when you're in one of those cities. And this is coming from someone born and raised here. I'm just keeping it real. You all who actually think Atlanta has enough people who are fashion forward enough to support 2 high end malls and a development like Streets of Buckhead all within a stones throw from each other have a wake up call coming when it opens. Seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2011, 09:14 PM

864 posts, read 1,124,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolChevy View Post
It's easy.........people here don't dress as well as those other cities!!! Just look around when you're in one of those cities. And this is coming from someone born and raised here. I'm just keeping it real. You all who actually think Atlanta has enough people who are fashion forward enough to support 2 high end malls and a development like Streets of Buckhead all within a stones throw from each other have a wake up call coming when it opens. Seriously.
You do have a point.

A pair of jeans/Khakis, a polo, Northface Jacket and some boat shoes don't scream fashion forward to me. It does scream bro though.

Old 12-01-2011, 09:14 PM

1,498 posts, read 3,109,439 times
Quote:
English Avenue is the name of a street in NW Atlanta, it is not the name of the entire neighborhood. Only someone not familiar with that area would call it English Ave because that's the sign they see when they sit at the light at Northside and Ivan Allen by the Dome when they drive thru that area once in blue moon after leaving a Falcons game. No one calls that entire area English Ave except people like you from the 'burbs. People familiar with the area call it everything but English Ave., the Bluff, Bankhead, Simpson, 6th Ward, Zone 1 all could and would be used before English Ave. That's how you can tell when someone isnt from Atlanta when they use English Ave, J.E. Boon Blvd, D.L. Hollowell Pkwy, the city can put whatever signs up they want to but English Ave will always be the Bluff, J.E. Boone will always be Simpson, and D.L. Hollowell will always be Bankhead. Even my white friends from West Midtown don't call that area English Ave
English Avenue is the name of a neighborhood.

English Avenue (Atlanta) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 12-01-2011, 09:22 PM

Quote:

Stop it dude, you're sounding even more like a tourist from the 'burbs. I don't care what online articles you post, you're not going to sit here and tell me people who are actually from that area call it English Ave. I know because I AM FROM THAT AREA DUDE!!!! And never growing up did myself or others I grew up with from around there call that area English Ave. If anything we would say Simpson or the Bluff to be specific, but actually most people who are just even slightly familiar (not you) with that area call it Bankhead. To most people everything from Northside & Marietta south to Northside & MLK is Bankhead. It's really not, but a lot of people consider it as such

Old 12-01-2011, 09:28 PM

Quote:

That's how I knew you weren't even slightly familiar with that area, only someone who just drives just by and sees the sign would say that. Out of different names you could have used for the hoods south of AS like Bankhead, Simpson, Zone 1, Westside, 6th Ward, the Bluff, you mentioned English Ave....yeah ok buddy.

Old 12-01-2011, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Stop it dude, you're sounding even more like a tourist from the 'burbs. I don't care what online articles you post, you're not going to sit here and tell me people who are actually from that area call it English Ave. I know because I AM FROM THAT AREA DUDE!!!! And never growing up did myself or others I grew up with from around there call that area English Ave. If anything we would say Simpson or the Bluff to be specific, but actually most people who are just even slightly familiar (not you) with that area call it Bankhead. To most people everything from Northside & Marietta south to Northside & MLK is Bankhead. It's really not, but a lot of people consider it as such
The Atlanta city government calls that sh*thole of a neighborhood English Avenue. That's good enough for me.

Old 12-01-2011, 09:35 PM

Quote:
That's how I knew you weren't even slightly familiar with that area, only someone who just drives just by and sees the sign would say that. Out of different names you could have used for the hoods south of AS like Bankhead, Simpson, Zone 1, Westside, 6th Ward, the Bluff, you mentioned English Ave....yeah ok buddy.
Yeah well I'm glad I don't know anyone who refers to neighborhoods by their police zones.

Old 12-01-2011, 09:41 PM

Quote:
The Atlanta city government calls that sh*thole of a neighborhood English Avenue. That's good enough for me.

Watch it there patna. Real talk. And my hood may have it's fair share of problems, but I can tell you this, I am just as comfortable in your cozy and cushy suburb as I am there. You on the other hand would be like a scared little child on Simpson, the Bluff, Bankhead, VC, Ashby, Hollywood, Chappell Rd, New Jersey Ave, Baker Rd, North Ave, Etheridge, Cedar Ave or any other part of Zone 1. Take your pick, either way the end result is the same, you're not built for it and you will get taken for your cookies. Don't get mad because you called out talking about a side town that you don't know about.

Old 12-01-2011, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Yeah well I'm glad I don't know anyone who refers to neighborhoods by their police zones.

That's all well and good. I'm happy for you. Just stay in your lane. When someone makes a thread about Duluth or John's Creek I don't comment, because I'm not familiar enough with those areas to make an accurate observation. You on the other hand made comments about something which you had no clue what you were talking about. Stay in your lane.

Old 12-01-2011, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Watch it there patna. Real talk. And my hood may have it's fair share of problems, but I can tell you this, I am just as comfortable in your cozy and cushy suburb as I am there.
Who wouldn't be comfortable in a suburb? That doesn't say anything. And am I supposed to admire someone who is comfortable around crackheads, prostitutes, and wanna-be thugs?

Quote:
You on the other hand would be like a scared little child on Simpson, the Bluff, Bankhead, VC, Ashby, Hollywood, Chappell Rd, New Jersey Ave, Baker Rd, North Ave, Etheridge, Cedar Ave or any other part of Zone 1. Take your pick, either way the end result is the same, you're not built for it and you will get taken for your cookies.
Scared of what? Some teenager who would try to swipe my cell phone? Good thing I would never go in "zone 1" without my gun, and I'd certainly use it on anyone who tried to "take me for my cookies."

Quote:
Don't get mad because you called out talking about a side town that you don't know about.
It's English Avenue. I don't have to refer to an area by a certain name just because Ludacris does. And it's because of that neighborhood Atlantic Station is a failure. Real talk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta