Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 11:20 AM

1 posts, read 8,903 times

Advertisements

Anyone know anything firsthand about the crime situation in Atlantic Station?
I've heard it's not always safe to go shopping there at night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2007, 11:39 AM

9,191 posts, read 33,874,752 times
Atlantic Station is pretty new and pretty high dollar, so drew tons of media attention as it was being built, and to a degree still does. Basically crime there is no worse than anywhere else in the Midtown area, maybe not as bad due to better police/security patrols. The thing is, when there IS a crime even near it, the reports will say... "XX happened NEAR Atlantic Station...", making it sound like it happened IN Atlantic Station.

The two bigger things was a high-end jewelry store owner being arrested there a while back for sending money somewhere (terrorists or drug related, I can't remember), and there was a drive-by shooting at a shuttle stop there a while back (the victim I think did know the shooter, though). I can't think of any other attention-getting crimes there than that at least based on media reports, though.

Old 06-22-2007, 01:25 PM

1,755 posts, read 5,680,198 times
One of the condo owners found a dead body in their bushes a few months ago, might be the same shooting as greg said.

I lived in HomePark, Centennial Place, and off of NorthSide drive for many years. This area has alot of college students but also close to the Bankhead area, crime is rampant thru this area but it's mostly car break-ins. Anywhere in Atlanta is going to be similar.

Old 06-22-2007, 01:41 PM

1,088 posts, read 6,340,484 times
The shooting was supposedly drug related and neither of the parties involved lived at Atlantic Station. There are so many cops around all the time I wouldn't really worry much about crime.

Old 06-22-2007, 06:51 PM

612 posts, read 2,777,944 times
It is a very safe place to shop and dine. Trust me, my husband is the regional manager in charge of the security in place there. They have even added more security on Friday, Saturday and Sundays that are very highly trained. Everyone has a vested interest in keeping it safe and keeping prices up in the area.

Old 06-22-2007, 07:13 PM

1,145 posts, read 4,211,053 times
The only crime that Ive heard of that was Fox Sports Grille got robbed at gunpoint while the managers were closing down one night. No injuries though as I remember it.

Old 06-23-2007, 05:03 AM

612 posts, read 2,777,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Blue 99 View Post
The only crime that Ive heard of that was Fox Sports Grille got robbed at gunpoint while the managers were closing down one night. No injuries though as I remember it.
And it was one of their own employees that did it.

Old 06-23-2007, 06:38 AM

985 posts, read 5,757,044 times
One conservative talk show radio personality mentioned that Atlantic Station is going downhill on his radio show. Something about some of Atlantic station apartments allowed section 8 renters due to the agreement with the city. Anyway, I wasn't paying attention since I was flipping the channel. I wonder that has contributed some of those negative perceptions about Atlantic station.

Certainly, I hope not since IKEA atlantic station is one of my favor stores.

Old 06-23-2007, 01:27 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,479,539 times
Lightbulb I finally figured out where it is

I think.

Several good places to eat and they have a great website--so I should be able to find it.

if the crick don't rise

Old 06-24-2007, 12:03 AM

481 posts, read 2,821,541 times
I go to GA Tech so I go to Atlantic Station alot and I would say it's one of the safest areas in Midtown... I don't know what it would like to live there but the shopping area should always be safe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta